10 posts in this topic

Hi

PD: Oct 05, 2012

Center: CSC

I-130 F2A

My case was recently opened by the USCIS, after which we received an RFE.

The RFE is for the marriage certificate in the original language as we has only sent the english version. The response for the RFE was sent on August 25, 2013. It has been about one month since we have sent in the RFE response but we have not yet received any reply... Most of the other cases I have seen online have been approved within about 2 weeks of the RFE response.

Is there anything we can do other than wait... as i am getting a little anxious.

Thank you very much for your help.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Maybe you can call USCIS for any update?

Since it's almost been a year and 2013 filers were being approved, I think you may try to contact and ask help from your congressman.. :)

2013-04-12 : My Priority Date (NOA1)

2013-08-03 : USCIS Status - At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case // 2013-08-07 : USCIS Status - Request for Evidence // 2013-08-09 : Hubby received the RFE letter // 2013-08-12 : Mailed the response to the RFE // 2013-08-14 : USCIS Status - Request for Evidence Response Review

2013-09-03 : USCIS Status - APPROVED (NOA2)

2013-09-06 : Hubby received NOA2 hardcopy // 2013-10-15 : Case number & IIN assigned by NVC; Received AOS fee invoice // 2013-10-17 : Submitted DS-261; Paid AOS fee // 2013-10-28 : Sent AOS package // 2013-10-29 : Received IV fee invoice; Paid IV fee // 2013-10-30 : AOS package delivered // 2013-10-31 : Sent IV package2013-11-02 ; Submitted DS-260 // 2013-11-30 : Received AOS checklist // 2014-01-06 : NVC received response to checklist

2014-01-24 : Case Completed! ^___^

2014-01-31 : Received Case Completion e-mail // 2014-02-28 : Received Interview Letter // 2014-04-22 : Original Interview sched (cancelled due to sputum exam) // 2014-05-14 : Medical done!

2014-05-19 : Interview at last! (walk-in as advised by USEM due to June retro)

2014-05-22 : VISA ON HAND

2014-06-11 : CFO's PDOS done!

2014-06-22 : POE!! :D

"Good things come to those who wait..."

Have you submitted cover letter with marriage certificate. ..its important ...if yes then all good relax it be will done in week or 2.....

Hi Susmani,

We have not submitted a cover letter.

We sent the copy of the marriage certificate in original language and the RFE letter we received from the USCIS. The USCIS website shows that the RFE was received. Is there anything we can do now?

Mine RFE response was sent a month ago and haven't heard anything yet

@feelingGood

You can try emailing the USCIS. It has helped us in the past.

Good luck.

Maybe you can call USCIS for any update?

Since it's almost been a year and 2013 filers were being approved, I think you may try to contact and ask help from your congressman.. smile.png

@marione05

USCIS doesnt have any trend by which they are approving I130. There are yet many people for 2011 who are waiting to be approved. Many lucky people from 2013 have also been approved...

We have already contacted the congressman... which helped us in getting the case opened and soon the RFE. I think we will probably contact him soon again as one month is a very long time to wait after the RFE response.

Thank you very much.

Good luck.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

@feelingGood

You can try emailing the USCIS. It has helped us in the past.

Good luck.

sidp69, which email address did you use to contact USCIS? I can find the following:

USCIS Service Centers

If you contacted the National Customer Service Center with a case-related inquiry and more than 30 days have passed and you have not received a response, you may email the appropriate USCIS Service Center with your inquiry:

If you do not receive a response within 21 days of contacting the Service Center, you may contact the USCIS Headquarters Office of Service Center Operations by email at SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov.

My case was handled by National Benefit Center, I couldn't find an email address. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

08/25/2015 - Filed I-751 via USPS

09/06/2015 - NOA

09/30/2015 - Done biometrics

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

You can email them according to your service center. California or Vermont are the two options for I130.

I don't know if California or Vermont are the options since it's the National Benefits Center (NBS) handles my case right now.

08/25/2015 - Filed I-751 via USPS

09/06/2015 - NOA

09/30/2015 - Done biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.