sjs87

Waiting on NVC

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiance and I got our NOA2 August 28th, and received a hardcopy less than a week later. Since then we have been waiting on the NVC to send our file to the local embassy. Quite frankly, I am not even sure whether our approved file has even left the CSC! We are going through this process with a lawyer, and in retrospect I do not think we needed to. The only benefit to having a lawyer, from what I can discern, is that she fills out the paperwork for us and we just sign on the dotted line. But in any event, I had emailed her because I am growing concerned with the wait/delay between CSC and NVC. While I know that they say to "wait 8 weeks" for a case number, I would have expected some movement by now. Perhaps I am naive in this thought.

In any event, our lawyer both emailed and called the NVC to no avail, but did leave a message on the phone inquiring about the delay in things. I am wondering if many of us going through the CSC are finding a big delay in going to/through the NVC. I read somewhere on these forums -- which seemed to be speculation -- that because CSC was faster on the approvals, there was a longer period of waiting afterwards, where as TSC and VSC approvals wait longer for their approval, but seem to move quicker onto the NVC... essentially, we all end up waiting the same amount of time, but just at different points of this process.

Anybody else still waiting (and growing impatient?!) with the post-approval process? If we've waited this long, I know we can 'weather the storm' as in go through the rest of the wait, but the unknown is so incredibly difficult!

Just gotta keep my chin up, I guess!

Applied for Naturalization based on 3-year Residency 

July 05, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed via USPS to Phoenix Lockbox

July 10, 2017 (Day 05) - NOA received

July 12, 2017 (Day 07) -  Check is cashed by USCIS

July 19, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics appointment letter mailed

August 02, 2017 (Day 28) - Biometrics appointment at Seattle Field Office

August 28, 2017 (Day 54) - Case is "in line" for an interview"

August 28, 2018 (Day 419) - Interview is scheduled

October 4, 2018 (Day 462) - Citizenship Interview AND Oath (offered same day oath by ISO in Seattle, WA)

Officially a U.S. Citizen - Proud to be an American

You should have received an email from uscis that your case was shipped to department of state. If you have not, then it is still at csc

8/22/15 Received notice of interview "call in letter" for September 1st 8am

9/01/15 AOS Interview Houston-APPROVED!

9/01/15 Card in production, Welcome notice has been mailed

9/05/15 Welcome Notice Received

9/08/15 Greencard was mailed

9/10/15 GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!!!!

ROC

6/2/17 mailed I-751 to csc priority mail

7/1/17 I-751 returned rejected (multiple items)

7/3/17 I-751 mailed again with signature confirmation

7/6/17 second I-751 delivered and signed for by Daniel Manchaca

7/10/17  Check Cashed

7/10/17  NOA

7/22/17  Biometrics letter for 8/2/17

8/02/17 Biometrics appointment DONE

3/05/18 case moved to local office

8/25/18 Extension letter (18 months)

9/29/18 service request submitted

10/06/18 response to service request

10/11/18  approved. No RFE, no interview

10/16/18  approval letter received in the mail

10/19/18 greencard received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

my fiance call csc///they told him that our case was already in nvc...aug27 noa2 here/

my fiance called csc///they told him that our case was already in nvc...aug27 noa2 here/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Yeah, I started another post about this. Ton of us with the "fast" CSC approvals now sitting in never never land with our files STILL at USCIS and not even shipped to NVC (Aug. 21 approval; no e-mail that our file has even shipped to NVC). They are holding back many CSC approvals.

You should have received an email from uscis that your case was shipped to department of state. If you have not, then it is still at csc

I have been tracking this for three weeks now and I have seen that CSC filers are not getting email status updates when their cases are shipped to NVC.

Vermont and Texas transfers are seeing those updates but not California. I have no clue why but it seems to be the trend.

4q5k.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

2 Days ago I called everyone, DOS, NVC, and CSC. I spoke to a tier 2 officer at csc and all he could do was tell me that he didnt see whether it was mailed or not to NVC. he did message the approving agent and all he could guarantee me was a response via regular mail by Oct 9. to know that I will have to wait another 2 weeks just to find out if it was mailed really didnt make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Maybe we all have the same approving agent and they had emergency surgery or something and no one is going through the files on their desk. lol

Aug 22 NAO2

1 month and 7 days waiting here and still no case number yet. I am actually being impatient. Its taking forever. I wish we have some good news this week..

NOA2- August 19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Mine said it was "approved and forwarded to the listed consulate."

It means nothing. It hasn't been "forwarded" even so much as one inch in the mail room.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.