Hi everyone,

First, here is some information:

• Met my husband 2007
  • Got married Feb 2010
  • Received 2 year Green Card Oct 2010
  • Filed I-751 July 2012
  • RFE May 2013
  • Responded to RFE July 2013
  • Called USCIS Sep. 10 and placed info request(they gave me number of the ticket and said that I would be contacted within 15 days, still waiting)
  • Scheduled Info-pass and went to the field office to get stamp in the passport for another 1 year extension Sep 18

Here is some info about my I-751

• My husband belongs to a rich family an will receive BIG inheritance so he wanted me to sign prenuptial agreement
  • He owns his house and vehicles, i also owned one when we got married, so we have no joint leases, mortgages or car payments
  • He has no life insurance, neither do i
  • we have checking account together, vehicle insurances, dental, tax returns, some basic memberships like AAA, tanning salons, eye doctor bills and just misc everyday life stuff.
  • I mailed in all i had, including prenuptial agreement and couple affidavits my credit card statements, and his separate cc statements that show same address.
  • We live together, and everything is great between us, its just we do not have our financial stuff tied together, he was previously married and had some issues with ex spouse, so he wanted to make sure I was not taking advantage of him in any way.

Anybody with similar situation? Any suggestions?

My filling office is Vermont.

I also mailed in my N-600 packet last week.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi everyone,

First, here is some information:

• Met my husband 2007
  • Got married Feb 2010
  • Received 2 year Green Card Oct 2010
  • Filed I-751 July 2012
  • RFE May 2013
  • Responded to RFE July 2013
  • Called USCIS Sep. 10 and placed info request(they gave me number of the ticket and said that I would be contacted within 15 days, still waiting)
  • Scheduled Info-pass and went to the field office to get stamp in the passport for another 1 year extension Sep 18

Here is some info about my I-751

• My husband belongs to a rich family an will receive BIG inheritance so he wanted me to sign prenuptial agreement
  • He owns his house and vehicles, i also owned one when we got married, so we have no joint leases, mortgages or car payments
  • He has no life insurance, neither do i
  • we have checking account together, vehicle insurances, dental, tax returns, some basic memberships like AAA, tanning salons, eye doctor bills and just misc everyday life stuff.
  • I mailed in all i had, including prenuptial agreement and couple affidavits my credit card statements, and his separate cc statements that show same address.
  • We live together, and everything is great between us, its just we do not have our financial stuff tied together, he was previously married and had some issues with ex spouse, so he wanted to make sure I was not taking advantage of him in any way.

Anybody with similar situation? Any suggestions?

My filling office is Vermont.

I also mailed in my N-600 packet last week.

Though this is longer than normal, I-751s have been taking a long time. Why? They are low priority. Why? Because they grant no benefits. You have the passport stamp and another extension so you have your work and travel privileges. The new green card gives you nothing really.

You did the correct thing to send the N-600. Hopefully you included a copy of the expired green card, the NOA1 from the I-751 and a copy of the passport stamp. If not, they will ask you to bring it to the interview.

There have been many cases of people getting citizenship before receiving their 10 year green card.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• 2 weeks later...

Though this is longer than normal, I-751s have been taking a long time. Why? They are low priority. Why? Because they grant no benefits. You have the passport stamp and another extension so you have your work and travel privileges. The new green card gives you nothing really.

You did the correct thing to send the N-600. Hopefully you included a copy of the expired green card, the NOA1 from the I-751 and a copy of the passport stamp. If not, they will ask you to bring it to the interview.

There have been many cases of people getting citizenship before receiving their 10 year green card.

Thank you for your response. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.