miller and unabia

sent to window 70 FDU on K1 interveiw

32 posts in this topic

If you read many threads over here, there are a lot VJers with large age difference especifically in PI and they've got approval of their K-1 visas. Based on that, I do not think age is the main problem in your case. But I do see a petitioner's/beneficiary's background always comes back to haunted. I hope they would see the genuinely love both of you. Good luck!

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good luck OP, I think you are a straight up guy, and has admitted the wrongs of his life and corrected them, and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

As for age, I am 36 years older than my Filipino wife, and a friend of mine who took me to the Phils. with him to see if I had any interests there, and I did.

By the way he is about 58-59 and his wife is 19, they do fine, no problems.,.,.who knows what the future holds for any of us, but right now it is great, best of luck to you.

I agree with other posts, it is probably the SECOND Filipino wife that is holding you up! Explore that for sure, again, good luck, let us all know how things come out, my wife came from Cebu, I went there 8 times before I got her to the USA! Persistence! Do you know Compestela area? Estaca Bay Beach Gardens?

Timeline

NO Hazel is from carcar to the south. All I know about the north is drove up to bogo about 2 years ago. But have left the south buss terminal many times and know the route well. she is from near boliwan elementry school. and the chapel of st Anthony de Padu. Well I feel good after talking to john and will just keep asking daily as he suggested. the sqeeky wheel gets attention. thanks all. I do know it will work. Just got to get past this part of our Journey. Hope all this info has helped others.

Let me say, even though you have pictures together all over the philiipines. Bring your chat records. I guess there a picture does not speak a thousand words.

Again hope some can get help and info from this thread.

Timeline

hi.. im from carcar.. i had interview last Sept 3,my case was put under admin processing due to my fiance's hits. i was told to wait coz they'll contact me once they're done reviewing..however, they didn't contact me instead i was the one who sent them an email regarding case updates. i kept on checking our visa app status @ ceac.gov.state. I received K1 visa last September 19. i know how u feel. Just pray harder and keep the faith guys!yes.gif

Timeline

Miller, I'll explain why asked if Unabia was ate (oldest sister).

You wrote:

"She has no kids. I do not want to raise more as I have a 18 and 20 year old now. She seems to be happy with this. As it was her idea to go to the next level. but I agree it is a concern"

I'm no expert and so I'm just throwing this out as something to think about.

It seems to me that the number one goal of most filipina is to become a mother. Ate, the eldest sister holds a very unique place in filipino culture and for those who might not know (though I'm sure here most do) ate becomes a second mother. In America to be placed as "second mother," is often not usually a revered position. But in RP it seems that being ate gives to the woman as much as it takes from her. As I see it being ate is to be elevated to a very high degree of respect and it seems that all ate take this seriously and do the job with great joy and zeal. And as a result it seems to me that to be ate, the number two goal in the world is to become a mother. (I see the number one goal as to be provider/supporter for the family).

So how does this fit in with your case? Well, of course she would seem to be happy with not having a child--she loves you, and wants to please you. But in reality is she happy not becoming a mother? I'm not really asking you to answer that--but consider, especially if the CO was a female, the question might come up like this:

"But don't you want to have a child?" Let's consider an answer that might go like this: "Well, he's had two children and doesn't want more." Again--this is just food for thought and only you two can decided if this train of thought really applies or not--I am not trying to insinuate. But it may be that though Unabia is happy giving up hopes of motherhood to please you--if having a baby was something she hoped for--her response to a CO might have inadvertently indicated that.

You are 100% correct--as adults both of you can come to an agreement--but if Unabia came across as being willing to give up motherhood to please you it may rankle some CO's enough to attempt to derail you.

The reason that I asked if she was ate was that it seemed to me that wanting children comes hand in hand to an ate. If she is a younger sister, especially if bebe (bunso) her desire to have a child, (I am guessing--and anyone--feel free to call me on this) will not be as fervent, in fact it may not be a big issue at all. Thus, if she is ate this could be a reason for the hold-up; if she is bunso I'm thinking that it's not the reason.

Edited by Juliet and Steve

09/29/2012 - Met Online

11/22/2012 - 11/28/2012 - Steve's 1st Visit

02/08/2013 - I129F Submitted

02/12/2013 - NOA1

02/13/2013 - 03/07/2013 - Steve's 2nd Visit

02/14/2013 - Officially Engaged

06/21/2013 - Case transferred from VSC to TSC

07/24/2013 - NOA2

08/21/2013 - File sent to NVC

08/28/2013 - MNL Case Number received through phone

08/30/2013 - Visa Fee Paid

09/04/2013 - Medical Exam at SLEC (Done in 1 day)

09/25/2013 - Interview Appointment (Under AP with 221G)

10/01/2013 - Additional Document dropped at 2GO SM Cebu

10/08/2013 - CEAC Status Updated to READY

10/30/2013 - CEAC Status Updated to AP

10/30/2013 - CEAC Status ISSUED

11/06/2013 - VISA Received

11/11/2013 - CFO Done

11/15/2013 - POE Detroit

Miller, I'll explain why asked if Unabia was ate (oldest sister).

You wrote:

"She has no kids. I do not want to raise more as I have a 18 and 20 year old now. She seems to be happy with this. As it was her idea to go to the next level. but I agree it is a concern"

I'm no expert and so I'm just throwing this out as something to think about.

It seems to me that the number one goal of most filipina is to become a mother. Ate, the eldest sister holds a very unique place in filipino culture and for those who might not know (though I'm sure here most do) ate becomes a second mother. In America to be placed as "second mother," is often not usually a revered position. But in RP it seems that being ate gives to the woman as much as it takes from her. As I see it being ate is to be elevated to a very high degree of respect and it seems that all ate take this seriously and do the job with great joy and zeal. And as a result it seems to me that to be ate, the number two goal in the world is to become a mother. (I see the number one goal as to be provider/supporter for the family).

So how does this fit in with your case? Well, of course she would seem to be happy with not having a child--she loves you, and wants to please you. But in reality is she happy not becoming a mother? I'm not really asking you to answer that--but consider, especially if the CO was a female, the question might come up like this:

"But don't you want to have a child?" Let's consider an answer that might go like this: "Well, he's had two children and doesn't want more." Again--this is just food for thought and only you two can decided if this train of thought really applies or not--I am not trying to insinuate. But it may be that though Unabia is happy giving up hopes of motherhood to please you--if having a baby was something she hoped for--her response to a CO might have inadvertently indicated that.

You are 100% correct--as adults both of you can come to an agreement--but if Unabia came across as being willing to give up motherhood to please you it may rankle some CO's enough to attempt to derail you.

The reason that I asked if she was ate was that it seemed to me that wanting children comes hand in hand to an ate. If she is a younger sister, especially if bebe (bunso) her desire to have a child, (I am guessing--and anyone--feel free to call me on this) will not be as fervent, in fact it may not be a big issue at all. Thus, if she is ate this could be a reason for the hold-up; if she is bunso I'm thinking that it's not the reason.

I am not familiar with Filipino people cultures, but it is a plausible explanation. Being a woman, I wanted to have a child from my future husband, someday.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

This has me mad and just do not understand. Went for the whole process on 9-12-13 at the embassy, I was there, Young man seemed ok with us. His last question to Hazel was so how do you feel about being married to such a 58 year old man. I thought that odd. She is 21 and I 58. then I asked is it approved and he nodded to just go around to were widows 74 and all are. so we went thinking only the last step and out the door. So we then were told to go to window 70. And asked to fill out another form. which we did and then turned that in. they said he was not happy and to come back on Friday.

Friday we return with 200 pages of chats. that was the last thing on the form we did not have. So I spent 4 hours at Robinsons making copies. Old gmail. look in sent box if you need to. Old things sent to her yahoo. Now face is hard to go back. we had over 30,0000 chats. I google it but there is no fast way. So I just went back and printed out 100 pages by copy and paste, then skip some and copy and paste. A long process.

So, went back on Friday. and waited and a nice philippina lady called Hazel to room 45 where there are chairs. they were in there like 1.5 hours. then she came out and we waited until after lunch. They called us back. the lady had wrote Hazels story. she had all the chats we left. Some are very personal. And asked me in. We talked for about a half hour. Going over how we met.I have known Hazel for about 2.5 years but we did not become a couple till about 10 months ago. So she told me everything was fine. She could not tell me why they singled me out.

Now the truth is I am in A/A and N/A. I have 28 years clean and sober. I am an x-con, and this is my 2nd marriage. And the first was a pina also. So I had read that they might want to make sure Hazel new all this. And asked if that was it. the lady said she had gone over all that with hazel but I do not think that was it. And Hazel knows it all anyhow.

So they called Hazel back in with the phiipina and Hazel said two cousuler officers both came in and signed the letter also. like a time line with the matching chats. and then hazel left and they told her it would all be ok,

Well I waited here in Cebu with her. and have heard from others that they have their visas already. Oh, they did say the original guy would need to sign off on Monday of Tuesday. So we checked all last week. and I emailed the embassy on the email they give you now. I did get a response that was well you said it was approved and it is in the fraud division. I have emailed back several times. it does say it takes days to get back. I am frustrated. I am a licensed Electrical Contractor in 3 states and DC, I am licensed bonded and insured. I even had a State department badge for access to the state department in the 90's. Homeland approved us. We are not cheating the system. I have bought a 14k dollar lot here. I have that paper. I will post 100K bond with no problem. but how do I disprove fraud. I have to be charged to read it so I can then fight it.

What I am asking is there anybody at the embassy I can see. my flight leaves 10-3-13 I will stay longer if I know it is approved. But I am here all this week and just want to do something. I know I am not a saint. but I have followed all the rules. and this is wrong. you know hazels Mom went to the government center with me to sign the consent form in CarCar. the egg has been broke you know. You can not put hummby back together. If anyone knows of a way for me to go to the embassy and do what ever, please let me know. I am going crazy here waiting. You know I worried crazy like about the NOA 2, because of my past. I did not see this coming. I raised my hand. Gave a sworn statement. I think they just do not like the age difference. Many in my family do not either. hers also. but we have chosen this road. and it is a better or worst road. Any help or advice would be thanked. Also it says there is a form they gave you when you left for further requirements. they did not give us that form as the 3 who spoke to Hazel were sure all would be well. In a bind here. God bless

I have to ask you what is A/A and N/A? Sorry to ask trying to understand this more..

I have to ask you what is A/A and N/A? Sorry to ask trying to understand this more..

Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous

Timeline

I think i talked to you outside the embassy. If i am not mistaken you we're the one who asked my sister. We're you the one wearing blue and your fiancee was wearing black dress?

Timeline

Yes that was us. I got her the dress and even got here a pearl necklace. of course 70% at Macys for the interview. Yes and have you guys got your visa yet? I hope it went well for you. We seemed to be the only ones dealing with window 70 at about 3:30 Thursday and only a few were left. I hope all went well for you. Still waiting. RED

Timeline

got a real great email response from the embassy today. they did not approve it but did confirm that all they need is there. We can not do any more now. And if there are questions they will ask. So I feel good about the clear answer that covered my questions and gave me hope they are working on what we were told our last day there. The and I mean nice lady who talked to hazel and wrote her letter was great is explaining events. You see we were friends for a few years before becoming lovers. And she created a time line for us. like three pages and told me it would be fine. And then had hazel take oath and sign it in front of counsul. but I had read you are to leave with a letter. We had none. but with this email. I have clear evicdence they have all they want. it will not happen as soon as I had hoped but I feel 99%, just to give you all an update

Timeline

Well I am back in the states now. Left there on 10-3-13, And sure enough Hazel asked me if I had looked at the embassy page. I had not and had sent them a email saying I was here in the states if there was something for me to do. I live and work with int 20 min. of the 19th and Constitution office. My Mother worked there a long time ago also.

Well our status has been changed from Administrative Processing to Ready. this change is date 10-4-13, I read it and was confused as it talks about making a medical appointment. And as you all know we went for the interview and went back for the window 70 stuff. So I went on line here and it says everyone who has been on Administrative Processing and has had there status changed to Ready means you are moving to the next step which is issued. Everyone says it will be issued if you get the Ready reply. Some said 12 hours to update to issue and others have said as much as 12 days. But with the Gov. Shut down who knows.

But, this is good news. And I wanted to share it with you all. I had hoped to bring her back with me. Had spent a lot of money on hotels waiting. Lost a lot of money not working. But as you all know it is worth it. I would of sold the house if needed. So It looks like We are one step closer. I really liked the Philippine lady who interviewed Hazel for 1.5 hours and wrote the 3 pages story of our relationship. She was nice and honest and asked the right kind of Questions. like helping lola, and stuff that Pinoys know about. Hazel said the man and Lady cousuler officers who spoke to her and signed off on the letters were the same in being nice and honest. The Philippina lady told me it was going to be ok, And I see she knew what she was talking about. I also got to say I liked John the American Officer in Cebu. He askes question to get a clear view of your situation and then gives clear directions.

Also the second reply I got from the Embassy email questions. was only two lines. But it covered all my questions. Gave me directions on what I could do. Just wait as you were told. But that meant he had confirmed what I had been writing and knew what I was told. So he did a good investigation before replying.

I know I was moved from the easy walk thru review page. and put here. I am sure for a reason. I will come back and tell you all when it says issued. And then do the upgrades to my time line. I can also say go to google for help. I have several time and it always takes me to a Visa Journey conversation with good answers as I have always gotton. Wish us luck. I will be glad when she is here. It feels like I have a whole new life ahead of me. I am happy. Want to thank all here and also thank the Pinoys who work at the embassy in Manila. and Cebu. You know they are always kind and understanding. And are not behind glass windows. they actually come by an d check on you and ask if they can help. I know they are not on here. But I just want to say thank you to them. Trust me on the other side of the gate in Manila especially at that NAIA airport you can not pay attention to much of what is said to you. I was treated with respect at the embassy and always given clear directions. If you are at the airport you will notice the difference. God Bless to all. RED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.