diamondfloor

Who is waiting for an interview date?

303 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

After resending our DS-2001 last week they logged it today, and are just waiting on an interview date. I hope he gets one In November, because our wedding is December, 10 !

Timeline

After resending our DS-2001 last week they logged it today, and are just waiting on an interview date. I hope he gets one In November, because our wedding is December, 10 !

5 to 6 weeks seems to be the current time just to get the date, which can be for a week to a month after they assign it. They don't seem to give much stock as to planned wedding dates unfortunately. (Our was supposed to be today, actually.)

It's possible that you'll get lucky and they'll be quick about it, but it's also possible that they will not.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I figure this has to resolve at some point, just like the NOA2 and NVC issues did. Our NOA2 had so many quirky issues because of Vermont (bed bugs), transfers, etc and ours took quite a while to finally leave Texas for the NVC. When I look at other timelines I see someone with a NOA1 of May (ours was Jan) and interview/POE is already done. I'm guessing with the switch to electronic that this process will be faster for those coming along behind. It's one reason I find it so hard to read the regular K1 board. I'm happy their wait isn't as long, but frustrated that we apparantly hit the stupidest time to go through it. I really hope I'm not looking at another 5-6 weeks from yesterday.

1/31/13 - 129F Sent
2/7/13 - NOA1
** transferred with 2nd group from VSC to TSC in late June
7/9/13 - NOA2 (5 months)
8/16/13 - Shipped from TSC
9/11/13 - Packet 3
9/19/13 - Forms sent in.
9/24/13 - Medical Done
9/27/13 - CEAC Status Update
10/02/13 - DS-260 mailed in
10/15/13 - CEAC Status Update (DoS couldn't say what triggered it, did say no interview assigned, but all docs are in)
10/23/13 - Embassy email states they do not have our documents. Poor Steven does 160 again.
10/23/13 - DoS says our case is still "processing" and not "qualified" (interview ready) and to do newest forms.
11/05/13 - CEAC Update. DoS says case is "eligible for interview" and we're waiting on next interview date.
11/08/13 - Another call to DoS (Chris is a nice guy!) and no interview scheduled yet.
11/12/13 - Another call to DoS and no interview scheduled yet.
11/13/13 - Email from Embassy to Steven informing him that his interview is TOMORROW.
Hurray for Patron Saint of Immigrants - Mother Cabrini's Feast Day!
11/14/13 - INTERVIEW --- APPROVED!!!!!
11/19 & 11/20 - CEAC date update, but still at "Ready".
11/21 - CEAC Creation Date & Notice Changed.
11/22 - CEAC AP
11/25 - CEAC ISSUED -- yay!!
11/27 - DoS Shipment Notice (email) in AM. Pickup ready email sent in PM.
11/28 - Steven picks up docs from Bridgend - Happy Thanksgiving!
12/15/13 - Arrival in US. POE: JFK. (Heathrow - JKF - Richmond, VA by evening)
Getting Married in January with small ceremony.
Dream Beach Wedding with both families June 21, 2014

Timeline

Yeah, we are hoping to have the interview soon. We had already sent DS-2001, but they lost it. We explained to them about it in the letter we sent, and sent a new DS 2001 and it was logged the same week (I am guessing because they understood it was their fault losing it). So, I am hoping they continue to own up to their mistake by giving us a speedy interview date.

5 to 6 weeks seems to be the current time just to get the date, which can be for a week to a month after they assign it. They don't seem to give much stock as to planned wedding dates unfortunately. (Our was supposed to be today, actually.)

It's possible that you'll get lucky and they'll be quick about it, but it's also possible that they will not.

Timeline

Got another update today saying they sent my fiance an e-mail, and are acknowledging our wedding date (Dec 10th) and are in the process of scheduling him for an interview. Ds were just added the 30th after having to resend, so a day later to get the email acknowledging our wedding date and saying they are in the process of scheduling him makes me feel hopeful. Did you all get an e-mail like that though?

After waiting for close to 6 weeks, we had our interview today were APPROVED! Right in time too....our wedding is November 23! Thanks to everyone for your help, and stay positive through this journey! It's a long and difficult road, but totally worth it. :)

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you both, just made my day seeing a couple get approved. dancin5hr.gifgoofy.gif

Thank you!! We are so very excited. Good luck to you and everyone!

Got another update today saying they sent my fiance an e-mail, and are acknowledging our wedding date (Dec 10th) and are in the process of scheduling him for an interview. Ds were just added the 30th after having to resend, so a day later to get the email acknowledging our wedding date and saying they are in the process of scheduling him makes me feel hopeful. Did you all get an e-mail like that though?

I never got an email. I think this is a good sign!

AOS // 12 months 3 days
April 13, 2014 NOA1 - April 16, 2015 Approved

April 27, 2015 Greencard received

K-1 // 8 months
Feb 22, 2013 NOA1 - Oct 23, 2013 London Interview
March 18, 2014 Married

Timeline

Interview today, visa approved, she will hopefully be here on the 11th.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Timeline

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is wonderful, I hope your wedding and lives together is beautiful and happy. dancin5hr.gifgoofy.gifgoofy.gifgoofy.gif super happy for you both, I can only imagine that feeling :)

I only just realized I could login and check the status. Does "no status" mean they haven't logged the readiness form for the embassy interview?

Timeline

Another weekend of waiting... another Monday that brings no news. Anyone else feel like they're going INSANE with this waiting? They've had all our forms for over a month now. Can't concentrate on anything else!!!

05/02/2002 : Met John in High School smile.png

11/14/2002: Officially started dating

05/23/2008 : Moved back to UK after University

05/03/2010 : First Visit to John in two years!

10/28/2011 : Visit John in US for his Birthday

05/02/2012 : TEN YEARS!

11/17/2012 : Visit John in US for Thanksgiving

06/22/2013 : Visit John in US for July 4th

06/23/2013 : Engaged!

07/06/2013 : I-129F Submitted

07/11/2013 : I-129F Recevied

07/15/2013 : NOA1

07/19/2013 : Alien Registration # Changed - Moved to Initial Review

08/06/2013 : Notification of Petition transferred to Texas Service Centre

08/09/2013 : Petition Received by Texas Service Centre

08/26/2013 : NOA2 Approved!

08/28/2013 : E-mail notification that case forwarded to NVC

08/31/2013 : NOA2 Hardcopy Received

09/05/2013 : NVC Rec'd

09/10/2013 : NVC Sent

09/16/2013 : Consulate Rec'd

09/18/2013 : "Packet 3" Rec'd

09/30/2013: "Packet 3" Returned

10/01/2013: "Packet 3" Rec'd by Consulate (signed for: David Stern)

10/02/2013: Forms logged

10/07/2013 : Medical Exam

10/10/2013: Medical Logged

10/23/2013: E-mail from embassy saying should have interview assigned by October 30th...

11/14/2013 : Interview

11/14/2013 : Visa Approved

11/21/2013 : Passport + K-1 Received

11/12/2013: Belongings Shipping

13/12/2013 : POE

28/01/2014 : Belongings Arrive!

02/20/2014 : Get married!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Another weekend of waiting... another Monday that brings no news. Anyone else feel like they're going INSANE with this waiting? They've had all our forms for over a month now. Can't concentrate on anything else!!!

I feel your pain....I am waiting for the interview date for my spouse...We are F2A and our request to expedite the visa interview was accepted by the US embassy London so they will arrange the interview date instead of NVC. CEAC visa status check is showing ready since 30th Oct but still no visa interview date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.