diamondfloor

Who is waiting for an interview date?

303 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So happy to hear some of you got your interview dates this week! What a relief it is to finally get a date. My fiancé goes for his interview at 10 tomorrow! So excited and nervous!

event.png

I-129f Charlene <3 Ryan

Dec 6, 2012: Sent I-129f Application (VSC)

Dec 11, 2012: NOA 1

May 24, 2013: Transfer from VSC to TSC

June 18, 2013: NOA2 Approval

July 10, 2013: Update...Case Shipped to DOS

July 15, 2013: Received Case Number

July 17, 2013: London Receives Case

July 25, 2013: Packet 3 Received

August 9, 2013: Medical

August 15, 2013: Medical Results logged

August 29, 2013: Packet 3/Ds2001 forms sent

September 6, 2013: Packet 3/DS2001 logged

October 25, 2013: Interview

Timeline

What's the form that they ask for while you're waiting to get into the Embassy that they say you need, but you really don't as a K-1? Heard some K-1 people have been turned away because they didn't have it.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

What's the form that they ask for while you're waiting to get into the Embassy that they say you need, but you really don't as a K-1? Heard some K-1 people have been turned away because they didn't have it.

You won't need it ,I was abit panicked about not having it when the grumpy English lady was shouting at people for their ds-160/ds-260 can't remember what one as they have changed it so much, so I told her all I have is my interview letter and she said "yea that's fine" and let me through

Congratulations to those who finally got there date

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

So happy to hear some of you got your interview dates this week! What a relief it is to finally get a date. My fiancé goes for his interview at 10 tomorrow! So excited and nervous!

Good luck!!He will be fine! :-)

When I went on Weds the person doing to announcing was a very nice fellow, and he expressly said DS-formwhatever or interview letter. He barely glanced at the letter when I presented it to him, and asked me what time my appointment was, and my name.

AOS // 12 months 3 days
April 13, 2014 NOA1 - April 16, 2015 Approved

April 27, 2015 Greencard received

K-1 // 8 months
Feb 22, 2013 NOA1 - Oct 23, 2013 London Interview
March 18, 2014 Married

Timeline

What number is everyone calling to check with DOS? I have a list of various numbers but no idea which is right!!

Also I emailed the consulate this week to make sure they had everything .... they said I should expect my interview to be scheduled within 4 weeks of them receiving my forms (October 2nd), seems a bit at odd with what everyone else has been told and what their website says ... do you think I got some overly optimistic person?

05/02/2002 : Met John in High School smile.png

11/14/2002: Officially started dating

05/23/2008 : Moved back to UK after University

05/03/2010 : First Visit to John in two years!

10/28/2011 : Visit John in US for his Birthday

05/02/2012 : TEN YEARS!

11/17/2012 : Visit John in US for Thanksgiving

06/22/2013 : Visit John in US for July 4th

06/23/2013 : Engaged!

07/06/2013 : I-129F Submitted

07/11/2013 : I-129F Recevied

07/15/2013 : NOA1

07/19/2013 : Alien Registration # Changed - Moved to Initial Review

08/06/2013 : Notification of Petition transferred to Texas Service Centre

08/09/2013 : Petition Received by Texas Service Centre

08/26/2013 : NOA2 Approved!

08/28/2013 : E-mail notification that case forwarded to NVC

08/31/2013 : NOA2 Hardcopy Received

09/05/2013 : NVC Rec'd

09/10/2013 : NVC Sent

09/16/2013 : Consulate Rec'd

09/18/2013 : "Packet 3" Rec'd

09/30/2013: "Packet 3" Returned

10/01/2013: "Packet 3" Rec'd by Consulate (signed for: David Stern)

10/02/2013: Forms logged

10/07/2013 : Medical Exam

10/10/2013: Medical Logged

10/23/2013: E-mail from embassy saying should have interview assigned by October 30th...

11/14/2013 : Interview

11/14/2013 : Visa Approved

11/21/2013 : Passport + K-1 Received

11/12/2013: Belongings Shipping

13/12/2013 : POE

28/01/2014 : Belongings Arrive!

02/20/2014 : Get married!

The number to call is +1 202 485 7600 option 1 then option 0

I think 4 weeks is the standard response and remember that is for your interview to be scheduled not necessarily for it to take place although it seems like they are suddenly catching up which is great.

Congrats to everyone on their newly assigned interview dates! We're praying to be next in line :D

Isaiah 49:5 - My God Shall Be My Strength rolleyes.gif

Timeline

I think the reason that interviews are taking so long to schedule is that most of their staff are busy sending out packet three letters to me. I have received three in ten days now.

Still no interview date though

I think the reason that interviews are taking so long to schedule is that most of their staff are busy sending out packet three letters to me. I have received three in ten days now.

Still no interview date though

Have you had your medical and sent in the required forms? No interview will be scheduled until they're in receipt of both these things.

Timeline

Have you had your medical and sent in the required forms? No interview will be scheduled until they're in receipt of both these things.

All done and received at the embassy a couple of weeks ago

Our December wedding date looks less and less likely, but reading how others have had their dates at fairly short notice gives me some hope :)

All done and received at the embassy a couple of weeks ago

Our December wedding date looks less and less likely, but reading how others have had their dates at fairly short notice gives me some hope smile.png

We sent it a copy of our venue rental with our wedding date on it with a nice letter asking for a sooner date. I don't know if that helped or not, but it seems to have since we have an interview a week from today. When you send in your Packet 3, send proof of your wedding date with it. It can't hurt to try!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.