diamondfloor

Who is waiting for an interview date?

303 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I was told they had everything and we were just waiting for a date.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Timeline

For those of you also calling DoS, what do they say? They never use the term "logged" with me, just that they've been submitted and they have all of the paperwork. But.. different people say different things. One person said we were in AP, later said we were just waiting for an interview date.. then the last call was AP. Does AP *mean* waiting for an interview date? She also said they don't update it between received and when they put it in, so she said submitted probably means logged by what folks here say. I'd love to know what terms they're using. I don't mind waiting for an interview if I at least know what day I'm waiting for! Also, small confession, it really hurts to see people get NOA2s in 20-40 days now.. and know that not too long ago people got interviews just a week or two after their medicals were received. Somehow we've managed to apply at the worst time and get in many many urgh type of situations - bed bugs, transfers to texas, slooooow transfer to NVC, etc.

I got an update on Wednesday 16th, I called DOS and he said all paperwork has been received and no interview has been scheduled. So I guess they just logged our paperwork 4 weeks after they received which is strange because when I called 4 weeks ago I was told the same thing that they received all my paperwork.

I cant believe some people are waiting more than 6 weeks, its disturbing. I feel the same, some people before got their interview date a week after, I don't understand why they are taking so long now just to give out an interview date especially to those that applied beginning of August/September. After what we went through with Vermont Service Center now this, very frustrating ClockWatch2.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

For those of you also calling DoS, what do they say? They never use the term "logged" with me, just that they've been submitted and they have all of the paperwork. But.. different people say different things. One person said we were in AP, later said we were just waiting for an interview date.. then the last call was AP. Does AP *mean* waiting for an interview date? She also said they don't update it between received and when they put it in, so she said submitted probably means logged by what folks here say. I'd love to know what terms they're using. I don't mind waiting for an interview if I at least know what day I'm waiting for! Also, small confession, it really hurts to see people get NOA2s in 20-40 days now.. and know that not too long ago people got interviews just a week or two after their medicals were received. Somehow we've managed to apply at the worst time and get in many many urgh type of situations - bed bugs, transfers to texas, slooooow transfer to NVC, etc.

Logged is just a word people use on here dos and the embassy have never used the term with me .if dos tell u your forms have been received that means they have been logged.AP means administrative process.I was told my file was in Ap/administrative process/waiting for a interview date once my forms were logged by both dos and the embassy .I think it just depends on who you speak to ,others will word it differently than another one.

So basically they have everything they need from you and your now just waiting for them to assign you a interview date.it seems pretty common to wait around 5 weeks from the date your forms were logged to when you will get assigned a interview date .although some seem to be waiting longer than that .your on the home stretch though ,hope u get your date soon :-)

I got an update on Wednesday 16th, I called DOS and he said all paperwork has been received and no interview has been scheduled. So I guess they just logged our paperwork 4 weeks after they received which is strange because when I called 4 weeks ago I was told the same thing that they received all my paperwork.

I cant believe some people are waiting more than 6 weeks, its disturbing. I feel the same, some people before got their interview date a week after, I don't understand why they are taking so long now just to give out an interview date especially to those that applied beginning of August/September. After what we went through with Vermont Service Center now this, very frustrating ClockWatch2.gif

I also got an update on the 16th. I got all excited because I thought an interview date might have been set, but when I phoned DOS the woman I spoke to had no idea. She was actually very little help and just kept saying 'oh, you must have sent them something'. I sent all my forms and had my medical in September and had updates around that same time, so I don't think that's it.

I sent the embassy a message via the contact form 8 days ago, so I assumed that might be it, but I haven't received a reply so I doubt that as well.

Might send the embassy another message or phone DOS again, all I want to know is that they have received all of my forms and aren't expecting anything else.

1/11/18  N-400 Filed online

Timeline

Yeah, my fiance is resending it today (Monday). However, being that a lot of people are waiting, I am starting to think they have it just haven't bothered to log the first. Hopefully this second one gets where it needs too. Wish us luck everyone! In the mean time I am being productive by starting a new healthy eating and workout plan. Have lost 15 pounds (45-49 pounds to go!).

Have you thought about re sending ds 2001?

Timeline

Congrats on the weight loss Lemon! We are now going into our 7th week waiting for a date. As my medical was done in May I am thinking of calling Knightsbridge today and try and get an updated x-ray scheduled, though I may wait a few more days. I already got my police certificate updated.

Also trying to be productive and keep my mind off it. Fingers crossed this week lots of us get good news :)

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

[/url]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

jola, thanks for the reply!! You're always super helpful. :)

1/31/13 - 129F Sent
2/7/13 - NOA1
** transferred with 2nd group from VSC to TSC in late June
7/9/13 - NOA2 (5 months)
8/16/13 - Shipped from TSC
9/11/13 - Packet 3
9/19/13 - Forms sent in.
9/24/13 - Medical Done
9/27/13 - CEAC Status Update
10/02/13 - DS-260 mailed in
10/15/13 - CEAC Status Update (DoS couldn't say what triggered it, did say no interview assigned, but all docs are in)
10/23/13 - Embassy email states they do not have our documents. Poor Steven does 160 again.
10/23/13 - DoS says our case is still "processing" and not "qualified" (interview ready) and to do newest forms.
11/05/13 - CEAC Update. DoS says case is "eligible for interview" and we're waiting on next interview date.
11/08/13 - Another call to DoS (Chris is a nice guy!) and no interview scheduled yet.
11/12/13 - Another call to DoS and no interview scheduled yet.
11/13/13 - Email from Embassy to Steven informing him that his interview is TOMORROW.
Hurray for Patron Saint of Immigrants - Mother Cabrini's Feast Day!
11/14/13 - INTERVIEW --- APPROVED!!!!!
11/19 & 11/20 - CEAC date update, but still at "Ready".
11/21 - CEAC Creation Date & Notice Changed.
11/22 - CEAC AP
11/25 - CEAC ISSUED -- yay!!
11/27 - DoS Shipment Notice (email) in AM. Pickup ready email sent in PM.
11/28 - Steven picks up docs from Bridgend - Happy Thanksgiving!
12/15/13 - Arrival in US. POE: JFK. (Heathrow - JKF - Richmond, VA by evening)
Getting Married in January with small ceremony.
Dream Beach Wedding with both families June 21, 2014

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

jola, thanks for the reply!! You're always super helpful. smile.png

You're welcome :-)

Well guys tommorow finally the big interview day for me ,arrived in London this morning to spend time with a friend.we just got back from checking out where exactly the embassy is .

Can't believe the day is almost here after all the waiting

You're welcome :-)

Well guys tommorow finally the big interview day for me ,arrived in London this morning to spend time with a friend.we just got back from checking out where exactly the embassy is .

Can't believe the day is almost here after all the waiting

Best of luck Jola! Mine is Weds, eeeek! smile.png

AOS // 12 months 3 days
April 13, 2014 NOA1 - April 16, 2015 Approved

April 27, 2015 Greencard received

K-1 // 8 months
Feb 22, 2013 NOA1 - Oct 23, 2013 London Interview
March 18, 2014 Married

Best of luck to both of you - the end is now is sight!!!

I SOOOOOOOOOO hope that this will be the week I hear something.......... I feel very despondent about it all now, having NO control over the situation is frusrartion itself - especailly hearing people who are getting interviews who had medicals after mine, there is just no rhyme nor reason to their scheduling (that I can see anyhow!)

Timeline

Ok, so now I am really confused! I sent my docs on 31st August, they were received by the Embassy on Sept 6th and I had a CEAC update on that day.

After four weeks I emailed them and they confirmed that they had received everything and that it would take them approx 4 weeks to process our forms and issue an interview date.

Then today I see there was a CEAC update on the 17th October so I call DOS and they tell me that 'my documents qualified' but there is no interview set yet.

What does that mean?? 'My documents qualified'?

Anyone else get this?!

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

[/url]

I think it means all your stuff is submitted/received but they haven't gotten around to putting you on the schedule yet. You are ready, qualified, eligible, good to go....so nothing more they need.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

All DoS can tell me is "the London embassy is very busy."

All we need is this stupid formality interview and we're more or less done. They need to start getting this ###### scheduled, going on 6 ###### weeks now.

They say they have everything, but should we fill out one of these damn things anyway, maybe it will move something along? http://london.usembassy.gov/iv/notification_of_applicant_readiness_form.html

Edited by Avery Cates

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.