kiki2013

NOA2 approved Aug 19th , STILL not received by NVC??

84 posts in this topic

Is anyone in the similar situation?

We were approved NOA2 on Aug 19th, (california center), and today I called NVC and they STILL dont have our case.

are there others like us or should be prepare for errors and delays?? (i pray we havent been mistakenly sent to NRC instead of NVC like some people)

i got approved august 19 and still nothing yet.. its taking forever.. nvc suddenly slowed down this month.. its soo frustrating

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Timelines is now showing a 8-21 csc filer has NVC notice. Maybe they got our shipment and will start notifying everyone Monday...? (Yes, I'm hopeful)

lets all keep our fingers crossed...ClockWatch2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Give it at least 5 week after approval and then approxamently another 3 week in AP, i am still waiting for them to send it to the Embassy and it has been 18 days. In the past frme what i have read it has not taken half this long... Do you think it is because of the possiablity of the goverment closing down? I pray not or we are all going to be up a creek with out a paddle!!!!!!!

Lets keep our fingers crossed our legs crossed and what ever else we can crosstongue.png

July 2011 - Met Online Playing Backgammon
March 2012 - Falling In Love luv.gif
September 2012 - Asked Me If I Would Marry Himrose.gif
December 2012 - Met In Personheart.gif
April 9, 2013 - Mailed I-129F
April 10, 2013 - USPS Receipt I-129F Delivered

April 17, 2013 - E-Mail / Text Recieved From USCIS

April 17, 2013 - Check Cashed

April 22, 2013 - NOA 1 Hard Copy Recieved

August 9, 2013 - NOA 2 Text and E-Mail Recieved

August 14, 2013 - NOA 2 Hard Copy Recieved

September 11, 2013 - NOA 2 Recieved at NVC

October 1, 2013 - "In Transit" to Embassybiggrin.png

October 5, 2013 - Letter Recieved From NVC

October 9, 2013 - E-Mail Recieved from Embassy smile.png

Oceober 21, 2013 - Submitted DS-160 (No Interview Appointments Available)

October 25, 2013 - Interview Appointment Scheduled (January 7, 2014) dancin5hr.gif

December 10, 2013 - Medical Appointment

ClockWatch2.gif Now The Hardest Part whistling.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

OMG what is this government shut down rumor? is it legit? is it like a strike? For how long is it supposed to last??

I was SO excited when I got my NOA2 on Aug 19th ( 40 days ago) because I thought it would be in NVC in 3-5 days and then at my embassy in another 5 or so. BOY WAS I WRONG!

Something has happened only recently, in August, and with California filers, because this is becoming absurd. I am almost at a 6 week mark since my NOA2.

Yes I saw that one single California NOA2 Aug21st filer who got NVC received Sept 24th. What about the rest of us?

Timeline

It is so heart wrenching that it is taking this long, I just wish that the NVC would understand how hard it is for us that have loved ones so far away. This process really wears your patience thin, what we do for LOVE. But whatever it takes we will do it and they know that...... We just need to keep each other posted on what is happing to give each other hope that it is at least moving forward. PRAY that the Goverment wll not shut down. This process is like a roller coster.....

October 25, 2013 - Interview Appointment Scheduled (January 7, 2014) dancin5hr.gif

Timeline

Hello!

So i called DOS today again, and they JUST told me that they have my case number and that my immigrant visa application says AT NVC!!! YAYY!!

Call them today and let me know if there are others too!

how long is the wait now? how fast are they processing after NVC receives?

Timeline

Hello!

So i called DOS today again, and they JUST told me that they have my case number and that my immigrant visa application says AT NVC!!! YAYY!!

WOO HOO....no case number but the NVC has received my application according to DOS. KiKi, nvc normally only has for a couple days then they ship out to the appropriate consulate after that. should be much faster now. Dont forget to call back in a couple days for the ever important case number!!

Timeline

Hello!

Hello

As of today the NVC has had my packet in AP for 20 days, when i call they say this is normal and can't give me any time line on when they will send it to the Embassy........ I hope that yours will get sent tight out because it really sucks knowing we are so close to be getting an interview date and having to wait till the Embassy contacts us becfor we can go any further.

Good luck all

Timeline

Hello

As of today the NVC has had my packet in AP for 20 days, when i call they say this is normal and can't give me any time line on when they will send it to the Embassy........ I hope that yours will get sent tight out because it really sucks knowing we are so close to be getting an interview date and having to wait till the Embassy contacts us becfor we can go any further.

Good luck

Do you have a case number yet?

Timeline

Hello

Good luck all

seyfeneva do you have your case number? like the one from NVC? if so, when was it assigned to you?

DOS told me my case number today, not sure what i can do with it at this point.

Timeline

Hi kiki2013

Yes I did get it after i called on the 13th of September. They said they recieved it on the 11th which took 5 weeks for them to even get it in the system. From what i understand the Embassy in Turkey has to send packet 3 before we can do anything. We have filled out the DS 156, DS 156K, DS 157, DS 230 ( but they are now using the DS 260 which is electronic and we need a Invoice Number ID which i don't have and don't know when we will get it.) and getting the I-134 together, so we are pretty much ready to move onto the next step.. We are just wating for them to get us through AP as soon as possiable. I am not sure how it is for other countries but i think it is close to the same. Did they tell you if your packet was sent to the Embassy? If not you can call DOS and find out. Congrats on getting your case number :)

Timeline

Hello Seyfeneva,

I was calling DOS every day, so on friday 27th, they still havent had it (that's what they said) and couln't provide me with any number.

On monday sept 30th , they all of the sudden said that they have it at NVC and they immediately gave me my case number.

I ve been checking it yesterday and today through the CEAC website and it just says "AT NVC".

I know that once the embassy in croatia gets the application, things go very fast with them (i called them today to verify, and we are also a very small country w small number of applicants) BUT i was wondering what I should prepare myself for in terms of waiting period from yesterday to embassy mailing me their stuff.

What are people's estimates right now, if my case got to NVC (and case number is generated) yesterday, sept 30th, how long till they mail it to the embassy?

I am seeing some people having this period be as little as 3-5 days (for example, NVC received sept 24th and by sept 30th its is already mailed to or even at the embassy, and that was even including this weekend).

Could i hope for this or how long could it potentially take at this point?

Anyone's opinion is welcome :)

Thanks

Timeline

kiki2013

When you called, did you ask them if you were in AP or were they going to forward your packet stright through to the Embassy? Our says the samething "AT NVC" all we can so is just wait for them to send it through which could take days weeks months etc,,,,, i read that some have been there for almost 1 year OMG!!!! i pray everyday that this will be passed along real soon.....

Waiting times vary and if your a smal country with not very many applicants i would imagin that you should be done with you journey before the end of the year for sure,,,, but who ever knows!!! Turkey has alot of applicants because they get people coming from other countries needing interviews. One of out Turkish members said that they are waiting to get an interview date but they are being told there are no openings. This is disaippointing knowing that once they get it we will still be waiting maybe months for an interview and then maybe months in AP again since it looks like they put almost all applicants on AP. Be thankful that you are a small country and things will move faster for you.

Yes it takes about 1 week to get to the Embassy if all goes well, so yours might be there by the end of the week, that would be awesome for you!!!! once the packet arrives they will put it in the system and send you packet 3. Each Embassy is a little different in the way they so things so i have read. You can go to the website and look and see what the procedure is for you country.

Maybe there is another VJ family member that knows more that can give you better information.

Good luck to you and keep us posted.smile.png

Timeline

hi seyfeneva

the lady at DOS just told me they have it at NVC and gave me the number, she didnt specify whether it is in AP (im not even sure what exactly it means- just admin processing, meaning, like it's kinda sitting there waiting for someone at NVC to deal with it, or does it have something to do with the NVC trying to reach out to the embassy of the country of the beneficiary?)

my status says "AT NVC" as well, today is only the 2nd day of it, so im still keeping my hopes up.

i dont know why it would take weeks or months to send it to the embassy once its at NVC since most of the timelines (lately, in the past month or so) have had theirs received and sent forward within max 10 days. I hope mine does too! and yours of course :)

do you think it makes a difference from which USCIS filing center it came from, once the case is at NVC and has a number assigned?

or does it have more to do with the country/embassy at that point?

or does it make no difference either way, and its just about when the employees at NVC actually pick up any file from the desk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.