kiki2013

NOA2 approved Aug 19th , STILL not received by NVC??

84 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Phewww..... smile.png Thank you.

Thanks again for your help.

Did all of you got an email from USCIS that they sent the approval to the NVC a couple days after your case was approved? I am wondering if this is a good sign that we got this email just 4 days after NOA2 or if this is very common.

I filled out the form to be able to receive e mail updates with the initial filing....I have never received an email after the first one that said dallas lockbox was sending to california. So i have no idea what to expect, whether or not anything will come via email or reg mail or nothing at all. NAO2 8/22/13 and waiting like everyone else. Called last night and guy was super friendly, for once, and he said 3-6 weeks is common. I am concerned though cuz if you watch the timelines, Vermont and Texas are received at NVC within about 10-14 days. I called DOS, only waitied one ring, NICE, but was told a month, california told me 90 days and most NVC operators say 8 weeks.......tic toc.

I do have a question though, I need to change the address of my benificiary, I know that once I have a case number I can simply e mail the consulate with the update. Is there anyway to do it sooner or should I wait for case number?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

hi susan

i signed up for email and text message alerts for updates and i received updates via txt and email for my RFE being mailed, for RFE being processed, and finally for my NOA2 being approved (aug 19th) and the hard copy being sent.

after that, NOTHING. waiting...

i would suggest you do NOT change anything at this point since it can only delay the process, your case could be separated from the bundle in which it is being processed and put aside for further administrative processing (changing the address) and it could delay everything.

leave it all like it is, wait to get your case number, and then NVC forwards it to the embassy in your fiance's country (address plays no role up to that point)...AND only after that can u email the embassy itself saying Hey please mail it to this new address instead of the old one.

i would highly recommend doing it like this. anyone please correct me if you think you know more about this.

good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I filled out the form to be able to receive e mail updates with the initial filing....I have never received an email after the first one that said dallas lockbox was sending to california. So i have no idea what to expect, whether or not anything will come via email or reg mail or nothing at all. NAO2 8/22/13 and waiting like everyone else. Called last night and guy was super friendly, for once, and he said 3-6 weeks is common. I am concerned though cuz if you watch the timelines, Vermont and Texas are received at NVC within about 10-14 days. I called DOS, only waitied one ring, NICE, but was told a month, california told me 90 days and most NVC operators say 8 weeks.......tic toc.

I do have a question though, I need to change the address of my benificiary, I know that once I have a case number I can simply e mail the consulate with the update. Is there anyway to do it sooner or should I wait for case number?

hi susan

i signed up for email and text message alerts for updates and i received updates via txt and email for my RFE being mailed, for RFE being processed, and finally for my NOA2 being approved (aug 19th) and the hard copy being sent.

after that, NOTHING. waiting...

i would suggest you do NOT change anything at this point since it can only delay the process, your case could be separated from the bundle in which it is being processed and put aside for further administrative processing (changing the address) and it could delay everything.

leave it all like it is, wait to get your case number, and then NVC forwards it to the embassy in your fiance's country (address plays no role up to that point)...AND only after that can u email the embassy itself saying Hey please mail it to this new address instead of the old one.

i would highly recommend doing it like this. anyone please correct me if you think you know more about this.

good luck!

I agree :)

K1 Visa

05/24/2013: I-129F sent

05/30/2013: NOA1

06/07/2013: A# changed

08/07/2013: Case transferred

09/12/2013: NOA2 (105 days)

09/16/2013: sent to NVC

09/17/2013: NOA2 hard copy in mail

09/27/2013: NVC left

09/30/2013: Consulate received

10/05/2013: Packet 3 received

10/07/2013: Medical

10/09/2013: Packet 3 sent

10/19/2013: Packet 4 received

11/06/2013: Interview (160 days - 5 months, 1 week) - APPROVED!!!!

11/08/2013: Visa received09/24/2013: NVC received (12 days)

12/27/2013: POE

03/01/2014: Married my love

AOS/AP/EAD

03/19/2014: AOS, AP, EAD sent

03/24/2014: NOA1 AP / NOA1 EAD

03/26/2014: NOA1 AOS

03/31/2014: NOA1 Email and text for AOS, AP, EAD

04/24/2014: Biometrics appointment

05/28/2014: AP / EAD approved

06/04/2014: Combo Card AP / EAD received

06/24/2014: Letter stating that GC will take 6 more months

12/29/2014: Filed Service Request re. AOS

2/13/2015: Letter stating work load and that AOS will take more time

2/25/2015: Filed AP / EAD Renewal

3/14/2015: AOS approved

3/16/2015: Welcome Notice

3/17/2015: Card ordered to be produced

3/23/2015: Card shipped

3/25/2015: Greencard received in mail

Timeline

Hello,

Any news from anyone? NVC received anyones case yet?

I tried calling NVC today again, and it was taking way too long, so I decided to try the department of state number, and I got a representative on the phone in 15 seconds who checked my case and (unfortuntely) told me that he doesn't see that NVC has received it yet.

He told me it has been taking them around a month lately, and that I am 3 days overdue, but that I should call and check every day this week and that it should be there.

Timeline

aaaand I literally JUST received emails from BOTH nvcResearch and NVCinquiry saying that NVC hasnt received my case yet...

coincidence?...i think not. i think if they do a look up for your case in any system they automatically respond to the emails you sent as well. still doesn't help me in any way tho.

Timeline

So I have been a busy lady this morning calling everyone from NVC, DOS, and California Service Center. Wow.....no one seems to know anything about whether or not my application has even left California. The tier 2 agent said he was only able to message the agent who originally approved my application and that he could guarantee me a response via regular mail by Oct 9. Um, excuse me, another 2 weeks just to find out if its been mailed, this is crazy....why cant they just mail them out every Friday or something. There doesn't seem to be any extra processing that California needs to do once approved either, just ship it to NVC. I am will be 5 weeks on Thursday since NAO2. Should have been scheduling the interview around this time not sitting here still waiting for a case number. HMPF

One piece of advice for fellow waiters....call DOS, i waited only one ring before someone answered (once you get through all the prompts lol) 1-202-485-7600

Timeline

So I have been a busy lady this morning calling everyone from NVC, DOS, and California Service Center. Wow.....no one seems to know anything about whether or not my application has even left California. The tier 2 agent said he was only able to message the agent who originally approved my application and that he could guarantee me a response via regular mail by Oct 9. Um, excuse me, another 2 weeks just to find out if its been mailed, this is crazy....why cant they just mail them out every Friday or something. There doesn't seem to be any extra processing that California needs to do once approved either, just ship it to NVC. I am will be 5 weeks on Thursday since NAO2. Should have been scheduling the interview around this time not sitting here still waiting for a case number. HMPF

One piece of advice for fellow waiters....call DOS, i waited only one ring before someone answered (once you get through all the prompts lol) 1-202-485-7600

Hi susan

yes i totally agree, people should call DOS , they pick up asap, its amazing how easy it is. I just called today and the lady told me that NVC still doesn't have my case but that I should give it "a few more days". (NOA2 Aug 19th)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Short update... my fiancé called the DOS and got our case no. today.

They told him to call NVC for more information (if they sent it to the embassy and when they received it). But the case no. says they entered our case in their system on Sept. 24th.

So it took NVC 12 days after NOA2....

K1 Visa

05/24/2013: I-129F sent

05/30/2013: NOA1

06/07/2013: A# changed

08/07/2013: Case transferred

09/12/2013: NOA2 (105 days)

09/16/2013: sent to NVC

09/17/2013: NOA2 hard copy in mail

09/27/2013: NVC left

09/30/2013: Consulate received

10/05/2013: Packet 3 received

10/07/2013: Medical

10/09/2013: Packet 3 sent

10/19/2013: Packet 4 received

11/06/2013: Interview (160 days - 5 months, 1 week) - APPROVED!!!!

11/08/2013: Visa received09/24/2013: NVC received (12 days)

12/27/2013: POE

03/01/2014: Married my love

AOS/AP/EAD

03/19/2014: AOS, AP, EAD sent

03/24/2014: NOA1 AP / NOA1 EAD

03/26/2014: NOA1 AOS

03/31/2014: NOA1 Email and text for AOS, AP, EAD

04/24/2014: Biometrics appointment

05/28/2014: AP / EAD approved

06/04/2014: Combo Card AP / EAD received

06/24/2014: Letter stating that GC will take 6 more months

12/29/2014: Filed Service Request re. AOS

2/13/2015: Letter stating work load and that AOS will take more time

2/25/2015: Filed AP / EAD Renewal

3/14/2015: AOS approved

3/16/2015: Welcome Notice

3/17/2015: Card ordered to be produced

3/23/2015: Card shipped

3/25/2015: Greencard received in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

So it seems that Vermont and Texas are sending their approved cases to NVC but California isn't? #######?

K1 Visa in 2013

AOS in 2014

N-400 in 2015 {based on Section 319(b) INA}

:time:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I agree, all we can do is wait.... they are in control !!!!!! headbonk.gif

It took 5 weeks for NVC to proocess our packet and now it is in AP and we are waiting for it to be sent to the embassy. 15 days and still counting.......... What in the world could be taking them so long!!!!!!!! I read that it takes about 20 days in AP, lets hope it won't be any longer then that. unsure.png

July 2011 - Met Online Playing Backgammon
March 2012 - Falling In Love luv.gif
September 2012 - Asked Me If I Would Marry Himrose.gif
December 2012 - Met In Personheart.gif
April 9, 2013 - Mailed I-129F
April 10, 2013 - USPS Receipt I-129F Delivered

April 17, 2013 - E-Mail / Text Recieved From USCIS

April 17, 2013 - Check Cashed

April 22, 2013 - NOA 1 Hard Copy Recieved

August 9, 2013 - NOA 2 Text and E-Mail Recieved

August 14, 2013 - NOA 2 Hard Copy Recieved

September 11, 2013 - NOA 2 Recieved at NVC

October 1, 2013 - "In Transit" to Embassybiggrin.png

October 5, 2013 - Letter Recieved From NVC

October 9, 2013 - E-Mail Recieved from Embassy smile.png

Oceober 21, 2013 - Submitted DS-160 (No Interview Appointments Available)

October 25, 2013 - Interview Appointment Scheduled (January 7, 2014) dancin5hr.gif

December 10, 2013 - Medical Appointment

ClockWatch2.gif Now The Hardest Part whistling.gif

Timeline

yup i totally agree, california centar has been the slowest by far..i can tell by filtering california timelines that the latest NVC received were the Aug16th NOA2

Timeline

It seems vj members that processed through CSC haven't had someone receive an NVC case number since Sept 20. Unless they just havent updated their timelines and as usual, texas and vermont keep cruising

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.