NicholasNissel

Please enlighten me!

49 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

^ What he said. They even ask your parents to come to the CFO Seminar XD

seriously?I would still need my parents to attend the seminar with me?do they really require that?Is one parent alone okay?either my mom or dad as they are both busy ...hmmm.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

City Hall. It is the same place you would apply for a marriage license. In your case you only need the advice letter.

I see..Okay Dale Thank you so much . Anyway what is the appropriate way to tell the people who works there when i come?Should I say, "I am here to get an advice letter for me?for my parents?or is it better to say a consent letter of parents for me to be able to marry my man?sorry I don't know how to say it..I ask cause I'm sure they would ask what exactly I needed from them.

Since your over 21 and under 25, you need to ask for a parents advice letter to marry. If your under 21 then you need the consent letter to marry. They are different.

Love forever,

Dale & Trisha

Married: 9/29/2008

K3 Visa

POE-MSP: 3/13/2009

AOS/EAD

Greencard received: 08/29/2009

Removal of Conditions:

Approved: 10/20/2011

Citizenship

9/19/2012

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to Phil. Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is Phil.-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

I see okay now I know.Is it easy to get?Will they require me to bring something when I go there?is there gonna be a long line so I would need to be there early?Is there any fee?

When Trisha got her's there was a minimal fee if any. Notary is just the standard notary fee.

The lines were not to long.

Love forever,

Dale & Trisha

K3 Visa

AOS/EAD

Removal of Conditions:

Citizenship

9/19/2012

When we applied for marriage license in early Sep 2008. The family law has not changed in this area so it is still required.

Love forever,

Dale & Trisha

K3 Visa

AOS/EAD

Removal of Conditions:

Citizenship

9/19/2012

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to Phil. Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is Phil.-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

seriously?I would still need my parents to attend the seminar with me?do they really require that?Is one parent alone okay?either my mom or dad as they are both busy ...hmmm.

I am in this group where I meet a lot of couples awaiting visa (the beneficiaries are filipinas). Most, if not all, that was below 25 was asked to bring a parent with them to the CFO seminar. Best to let your parents know ahead of time so they can clear their schedules in case they get asked to come too. Just 1 parent is enough I believe.

Edited by iammrsregi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

duplicate topics merged

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I see I'll try to find him.Thanks girl.

Click the link below, then click the CFO section, you will find info on parental consent/advice for CFO there. Parental consent is not needed for the embassy.....

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thank you all for the reply and infos , it's a big help.I'm gonna follow your link Hank.Special thanks to @Dale,iammrsregi and Hank_.

you're welcome! keep us posted so that other people who has the same question can find answers here too ^_^

Timeline

Click the link below, then click the CFO section, you will find info on parental consent/advice for CFO there. Parental consent is not needed for the embassy.....

Yes I will..Oh I have one last questions.I have a 2 years old k2.Do I need to take hhim with me for CFO seminar?Or if it's okay not to, what requirements should I bring for him?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.