Sarah12

Passport taken, where's visa?

10 posts in this topic

So they took passport but we have to wait for visa. do anyone know how long we will have to wait. does anyone share experience in this: embassy called to bring in passport. we took in passport a few minutes ago but they say they call again to pick up visa. does anyone know how long this might take?

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So they took passport but we have to wait for visa. do anyone know how long we will have to wait. does anyone share experience in this: embassy called to bring in passport. we took in passport a few minutes ago but they say they call again to pick up visa. does anyone know how long this might take?

When was your interview ?

I know im in Ap. They called us to drop passport. I am trying to explain this. I have been in AP for months. They called for passport. I am trying to figure out how long it takes for someone to get visa after the embassy calls them for passport. I already know we are in AP.

I know im in Ap. They called us to drop passport. I am trying to explain this. I have been in AP for months. They called for passport. I am trying to figure out how long it takes for someone to get visa after the embassy calls them for passport. I already know we are in AP.

Why would anyone answer your question when someone is trying to help and you give a nasty response? I won't be trying to offer support to you after seeing this type of answer.

Why would anyone answer your question when someone is trying to help and you give a nasty response? I won't be trying to offer support to you after seeing this type of answer.

O, I sorry if I was rude. I didn't know my statement would be sound rude to you. I am trying to give enough information to get some ansers.

looks like you been in AP we are in same boat. we have been in AP too for past four months

O, I sorry if I was rude. I didn't know my statement would be sound rude to you. I am trying to give enough information to get some ansers.

looks like you been in AP we are in same boat. we have been in AP too for past four months

Thanks! It can be hard to read things on postings. I apologize too. I know this can be a frustrating process.

If I were you, I would contact your Senator and ask them to look into this for you. My Senator sent me a Request for Information form which I completed and sent back. They contacted the embassy and then sent me a letter stating that my case is in AP. This happened before our interview but we were scheduled about a month later. Maybe you could try this. At least it would bring attention to your case especially after such a long wait!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

have you checked the statues on your visa on the state dept. web site? https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw== to see what it says... sometimes it will show you if the visa is ready or Issued.

Our K1 Process

USCIS – Approved in 218 days

Sept. 05,12: Sent I-129F Petition
Sept. 10,12: Notice of Receipt (NOA1)
April 16,13: I-129F Petition Approved (NOA2)

NVC - 2 Days
April 22,13: NVC Received
April 24,13: Case left NVC: Destination Kabul, Afghanistan

Consulate - 251 days
April 29,13: Case Received by Embassy of Kabul, Afghanistan
May 13,13: Received Packet 3 (Interview date and Medical letter)
May 21,13: Medical
May 29,13: Interview and Placed on AP

Dec. 12,13: Embassy asked for Passport and a New Medical

Dec. 30,13: Submitted Passport and New Medical to Embassy

Jan. 02,14: Visa Status changed to ISSUED

Jan. 05,14: Picked up VISA

Feb. 19,14: POE (LAX)

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

In your first post you did not say that you're in AP after interview. You sounded like you don't know that there's such a thing as AP hence my response.

As other posters said you have to be polite in forums because we are here to help each other.

Glad for your apologies.

To answer your question : if they are ready to issue your visa you should receive your passport between 3-7 business days. However there are many cases where visa is still not issued despite the request for passport. So just keep checking the CEAC website for status: ISSUED. Good luck to us all who are in AP.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.