JoshYates13

Interview Scheduling at the London Embassy

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello All,

I've been checking the status of my application at ceac.state.gov/ceac and it states that my application is ready.

I sent in all of the necessary forms, including the declaration form which notifies the embassy that I am ready for an interview, and my medical has been completed and forwarded to the embassy also. My application had been updated on the 30th August when I have sent everything in and they had received the medical results.

Does anyone have any idea as to how long it takes for the Embassy to contact you to give you the interview date at the London Embassy? What is strange is that I didn't receive, nor did my fiancee (the petitioner), any information from the Embassy regarding my instructions to prepare for the interview. I had to look up all of the details myself.

Thank you!

Hello All,

I've been checking the status of my application at ceac.state.gov/ceac and it states that my application is ready.

I sent in all of the necessary forms, including the declaration form which notifies the embassy that I am ready for an interview, and my medical has been completed and forwarded to the embassy also. My application had been updated on the 30th August when I have sent everything in and they had received the medical results.

Does anyone have any idea as to how long it takes for the Embassy to contact you to give you the interview date at the London Embassy? What is strange is that I didn't receive, nor did my fiancee (the petitioner), any information from the Embassy regarding my instructions to prepare for the interview. I had to look up all of the details myself.

Thank you!

Probably four weeks to hear from them.

Are you saying you never got the packet 3 letter saying your instructions are here? http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html

There is more than that one page to read. Click on the links on the left concerning interview, fees, FAQ, etc. On the "visa forms" link find the last form IV-019 and read it for some interview info specific to K1.

Also read the embassy reviews found in the VJ menu bar for a play-by-play of many London interviews.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Hello All,

Thank you!

My forms and medical were all logged in by 15 Aug, I got my letter for appt by 28th (it was dated 23rd) for interview date of 23 sept. Looking on here though it seems to be taking somewhat longer now

Timeline

Probably four weeks to hear from them.

Are you saying you never got the packet 3 letter saying your instructions are here? http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html

There is more than that one page to read. Click on the links on the left concerning interview, fees, FAQ, etc. On the "visa forms" link find the last form IV-019 and read it for some interview info specific to K1.

Also read the embassy reviews found in the VJ menu bar for a play-by-play of many London interviews.

Thank you for the responses!

Nich-Nick I followed your link. I've already filled in and filed DS-230-Part 1. Does this mean that I shouldn't fill in the new online form DS-260?

I have another question. Regarding the visa processing payment, did you wait until you received your appointment date before you paid it? I have tried to make a payment in the past but I don't have an interview date to input into the 'add applicant section'.

If you did the 230 version, then don't do the 260. I don't think they care which form for those who were straddling the line, but want to get it all shifted over to the new version for those just entering the process now.

You don't want to know how I paid. We did London when Packet 3 was a big paper packet. :P I believe it is the general plan of London for you to get your interview letter which tells you about the IV019 interview letter and then pay using the step by step instructions it gives. People have described all their issues in various threads. Some get it done perfectly. Some not so good. I don't really know where they go wrong, but this new system is not intuitive and a wrong turn is not forgiving. You are trapped. Some start over with a new email address as the only solution.

I think one error may be not choosing "apply for a K1 visa" as the first step, before the courier step. Also you need to choose Immigrant over non-immigrant if given the choice. The start link given on the web page is different than the one in the step by step K1 interview letter too.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

I think one error may be not choosing "apply for a K1 visa" as the first step, before the courier step. Also you need to choose Immigrant over non-immigrant if given the choice. The start link given on the web page is different than the one in the step by step K1 interview letter too.

That is *the* error in my experience. You have to start by selecting K1 - if you don't you don't get all the prompts which lead you through the entire process. It was very easy once I'd done that.

Richard

event.png

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Thank you all for this information.

My status has just been updated again, so I assume that it won't be long now until I receive an appointment date from the US Embassy.

Could you tell me how long you had to wait between getting your appointment and waiting to attend, just so that I get an idea. Is it true that the embassy notifies you a month before the date itself or has it been different in your experience?

Thanks!

With our case, we were also notified about a month before the actual interview date. They have given shorter interview dates for people under special circumstances when they could, but the standard that they go by is a month from the interview date is when they send the letter.

FILE FOR K-1 Adjustment of Status Removal of Conditions

January 31.2010 - Met Online April 10, 2014 - Mailed in I-485 + I-765 March 19, 2016 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

February 20, 2011 - Met in Person April 14, 2014 - Forms arrived at Chicago Lockbox March 23, 2016 - I-751 arrived at CSC

July 28, 2012 - Engaged April 17, 2014 - Acceptance email arrived stating case forwarded to NBC March 23, 2016 - NOA1 Date (received March 28)

February 5, 2013 - Mailed I-129F to Lewisville, TX April 27, 2014 - Received letter for Biometrics appointment April 20, 2016 - Biometrics scheduled (incomplete due to dry cracked skin)

February 6, 2013 - USPS Receipt/Delivered I-129F April 28, 2014 - Received Acceptance NOA1 hard copies for AOS and EAD May 13, 2016 - Walk in Biometrics Completed

February 8, 2013 - NOA1 Notice Date May 12, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment Done September 27, 2016 - ROC Approved (Checked status via website w/receipt #)

February 11, 2013 - Bank shows check cashed today May 15, 2014 - Interview Schedule Letter (received May 17, 2014) October 6, 2016 - Card Arrived

February 11, 2013 - E-Mail Notification of Case Acceptance and June 5, 2014 - Interview Scheduled at Local office 8:15 a.m.

Case Number (Routed to California Service Center) June 11, 2014 - USCIS Status updated to show Greencard in the mail

February 12, 2013 - E Mail Notification of Alien Registration Number Change w/USPS tracking showing it scheduled to arrive

February 15, 2013 - Hard Copy NOA1 received June 14, 2014

June 5, 2013 - Email notice of RFE June 13, 2014 - GreenCard arrived

June 6, 2013 - RFE postmarked

June 10, 2013 - RFE arrived in the mail

June 11, 2013 - RFE mailed back Express USPS

June 12, 2013 - RFE received @ CSC / USCIS website updated to reflect this

June 20, 2013 - I-129F Approved

June 24, 2013 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received

June 28, 2013 - NVC Assigned Case Number

July 2, 2013 - NVC shipped case to London

July 9, 2013 - London Received Case File

July 13, 2013 - Packet 3 Instructions Received

July 17, 2013 - Packet 3 Forms Mailed (Except DS-2001)

July 30, 2013 - DS-2001 sent (arrived July 31)

July 30, 2013 - Medical Scheduled (and completed w/no issues)

August 5th - Medical Results Logged in

August 8th - DS-2001 Logged in

August 20, 2013 - Interview Date Set

September 17, 2013 - Interview at 8:00 a.m. (APPROVED)

Waiting for VISA...

September 25, 2013 - Visa Delivered

October 8, 2013 - POE Las Vegas, NV

October 11, 2013 - Married

October 13th - HOME

My interview letter was dated 27 Aug for a 24 Sept interview.

In response to a enquiry I made via their Contact Form to add my Fiance to attend with me, they did offer to move it forward to Sept 13 but it turned out to be more convenient to leave it as originally offered.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hello everyone !

I'm new here, however I'm in DESPERATE need of some advice. Ok so my k1 visa was approved on August 30th and as I was in the states I then returned to the UK and received my letter on September 24th, my letter from the embassy was short and said to follow the link to a website and complete the stages.

I filled in the online DS160 and I have the confirmation page.

I then filed and had my medical on october 7th the embassy received it on october 24th.

I have only just now seen the form on the right hand side to complete (the form of readiness) so I've only just completed this now.

I also have paid the visa fee online and the courier service it states on the online page that my next stage is 'interview'

I'm in a bit of a rush though as I have my wedding booked for February 2014 and have my family flying in from the uk. I also have to have my dress altered and they told me I had to bring it in (the usa) by December so I was looking to leave by early December 2013. Does anyone know how long there taking for interviews?? Also if because I have only sent the form if readiness tonight have I delayed it even though I have done everything else possible to speed it up?

Someone please help me.

Thanks so much,

Reanne.

Timeline

To answer how long it takes, once the embassy received all the forms in, and once they receive your Medical results, it's currently taking about 6 weeks to schedule an interview date, which may be a month after they give it to you.

My personal stats were 5 weeks from the date of them receiving the medical results, with a date for a little bit over a week after they scheduled it.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

• 4 months later...
Timeline

Hello!

I am hoping someone can help us... here is our timeline:

Petitioned for Fiance: November 30, 2013

Homeland security recieved petitiion: December 3, 2013

Petition Approved: January 3, 2014

My approval notice says it's valid from 1/3 to 5/2.....

He filled out the DS-160 K-1 Application on January 21, 2014

He had his medical on February 7, 2014.

Now here's the catch... he has all of his paperwork and the Doctor at the medical said to allow 4-6 weeks to receive his appointment letter from the London Embassy.... But we had no idea we needed to fill out the Readiness application until we were reading through one of the visa journey forums and it mentioned when they filled that out... With all of the days and weeks of extensive research we have done, we had never heard of that until yesterday. There was no mention of it in the letters we've received from the Embassy, there was never a mention of it in the K visa info on the DoS website, the London Embassy website, or the travel.state.gov website and all the others in between. We didn't actually find that form until I typed the title in to the search bar on the Embassy's website. He just filled it out yesterday. It told us to allow 6 weeks for our application to now be processed... So does this mean even though he's already had the medical we need to tack on 6 more weeks? We've already been waiting 6 weeks after the medical. I tried the call the DoS this morning as soon as they opened but they're closed due to inclimate weather. I am at a loss I have no idea what to do next. We have already been waiting a long time and I don't know how much longer we can take being apart. Is there anything you can tell us to help us? When we go on the ceac website to check our status it says No Status and to contact the Embassy responsible for processing the application. When we try to contact them they say they can't give us any information. We don't know what to do any more...

Create your own topic. Do not post in one that is several months old.

Also, before you go any further: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/

As to the "No Status" issue, that seems to be happening more and more recently. You will just have to wait until the NVC is open again.

"What's yours is mine!"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.