elgarta

Administrative Processing - I-134 Documents

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello all,

So we are near the end of our journey (I hope), but ran in to a bit of a snag. I had my interview on the 20th of August as the Sydney U.S Embassy. The interview was for my K-1 visa and it went seemingly well. I had all of my documents in order except for an original signed I-134, and had to take a digitally signed copy in it's place. I explained this to the officer during my interview, and at the conclusion of the interview I was advised the only thing preventing an on-the-spot approval was the lack of original I-134, and that once we sent it to them, my passport + visa would be mailed back to me within 5 - 6 days of it being recieved and put on my file.

They recieved the I-134 on the 2nd of September (we had huge problems with the mail), and I recieved an email on the 6th of September confirming that the I-134 was recieved, but they needed further documentation, which I sent them back within an hour of being requested.

They asked for: A copy of my fiancees 2012 tax return, any other evidence of assetts (we listed cash assetts and supplied bank statements during the interview), and proof of any payments my fiancee recieves from her ex-husband (we sent back a child support payment schedule showing frequence and amounts of payments). None of this was requested or mentioned as being an issue during my interview .

So anyway, we are currently under administrative processing and I have not heard anything back about whether the documents we provided were sufficient or if they required more. I did email them 2 days ago to ask for any confirmation on this. In the past I have usually recieved responses to emails within 48 hours, even if it is a form response stating something that doesn't help much. It's hard to not be anxious with the unexpected hold-up with the paperwork after being told things were fine during the interview.

Has anyone else had issues or long delays with further processing on I-134 supporting documentation? Normally, how long does this sort of thing generally take?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

My fiancee went to the embassy, they asked her for the original i 134 and irs transcripts... Its now under administrative processing. We are waiting for irs transcripts to come by mail. Once i get all the originals, i will send them to my fiancee and hopefully things will get better.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.