Julie O

Is it possible to call the Sydney consulate to ask questions about my application?

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I had my visa interview on September 3 at the Sydney consulate and the visa was approved. They told me the documents should be ready within 5 working days but my visa hasn't been issued yet even though it's been more than 5 days since the interview. I am very disappointed as I thought I would be able to move to California this weekend, I haven't seen my husband in almost 7 months now. I looked at my cases status on CEAC, it was updated on September 6 and status is Ready (ready for interview).

On the Sydney consulate's website, they say to email questions if we want to make enquiries about our application. I have emailed them but they haven't replied yet. I tend to find they don't reply to emails. On Visa Journey's website, I saw that they answer immigration visa queries on Fridays. Is that only if you show up in person at the consulate or if you call? And can they discuss specific cases over the phone on Fridays or can they only answer general questions? I really want to know what's going on with my application. Going through the timelines on Visa Journey, I saw that someone who was interviewed the same day as me already has her visa. I don't know why mine hasn't been issued yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Julie,

Unfortunately, as far as I am aware, there is no phone number to be able to speak with someone directly regarding immigration visas. There is a general enquiries line for non-immigrant visas, but if you try to speak with someone there they just open a case on your behalf and you will usually get a general form response.

My case was last updated on the 6th also, and I am awaiting a response after submitting further documents to them. I have emailed them on the 6th, and again 2 days ago and am yet to get a response back. So a part of me suspects that things have slowed down there this week. Course, I could be wrong.

Hopefully you hear back and get something soon! We had some unexpected delays hit us after being told everything was approved. :(

Hi,

My status on CEAC was updated today so someone must have looked at my case because I sent them an email. I am worried because a few days before the interview, they asked me to get a new passport with the name that appears on my birth certificate. On the day of the interview, the first person said I would have to get a new passport and to discuss the issue relating to my name with the case officer. The case officer told me my current passport was fine and approved the visa. I am worried now that they may change their minds again. It will take some time to get a new passport and I want to see my husband as soon as possible.

I hope your visa will be issued soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.