JamesandJamie

Form changes for London Embassy

7 posts in this topic

Just FYI for UK-filers (From London Embassy website):

From September 1, 2013 the DS-230I & II is replaced by the form DS-260. If you received your instruction letter after September 1 2013, you should complete forms DS-156, DS-156K, DS-157, DS-2001 and DS-260. The DS-260 form is completed online via the Department of State's website - https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

We noticed that our Packet 3 letter was taking a long time to get to my fiance, and now we know why. At least, I hope this is the reason. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

yaaaaa my fiancee saw that and I kept telling him no just do what the instructions say. and he was reading it as if u havent sent the packet3 (after sept1) then u need to do the 260 instead of the 230 but nooooo he cant read right lol its if u receive it on of after sept 1st. so we are good and dont have to do that one. its all so confusing tho. like why change one paper?? whatevs. he is sending packet 3 out tomorrow and hopefully getting his medical done next week :)

The first sentence has been up a couple of weeks, and we have discussed it a bit in the UK forum because there was no link to the new form or explanation. It was just today (eleven days late) that they added the rest of it explaining the letter receipt is the deciding date. And they added the link to the form.

It has been taking London a long time to dish out packet 3 and interciews and visas before this change. London was a big mess well before the Sept new online form.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

The first sentence has been up a couple of weeks, and we have discussed it a bit in the UK forum because there was no link to the new form or explanation. It was just today (eleven days late) that they added the rest of it explaining the letter receipt is the deciding date. And they added the link to the form.

It has been taking London a long time to dish out packet 3 and interciews and visas before this change. London was a big mess well before the Sept new online form.

Glad to know it's not just me worrying alone! I guess after it got shipped from NVC, I thought we were on the way down and didn't have to stress as much, hence why I didn't worry about checking the forums and the site much. My fiance in London was the one that caught the change. We were about to send off everything anyway before we even got Packet 3 so that we could be ahead of the game. Glad we didn't!

Do you think this will help speed up London' processes a little or are they still experiencing growing pains?

Do you think this will help speed up London' processes a little or are they still experiencing growing pains?

They changed the visa payment method around Aug 1. They provide instructions, but it's hidden in a document the interview letter explains where to find (on the website). Seems people don't read that or get eager and pay before they have an interview date assigned. So because the online payment is not very intuitive, they do it wrong, then are stuck with no way to pay.

The courier system is tied to the online pay. And that was a bit of confusion too. Then you have all these people stuck in the middle with payment and courier issues. Add to that, they disabled their help line for info. People call all kinds of numbers to try to sort their problems out. They get departments doi g student, visitor, etc visas who give wrong info or can't help.

There is a new online contact form, I guess to replace calling the IV unit. They don't reply for many days, if at all.

So with all that chaos still not settled, the DS-260 goes live with 9 days before the website changes to give a little info and provide a link. Those trying to use it can't get to the form because it asks for two things

1) case number (LNDXXXXXXXXX)

2) invoice ID number (what???)

Ok, better call the embassy and find out how this works. Oh wait, I can't call the embassy because the help line was disabled.

And that is the state of London right now.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Wait, so you fill in the DS260 if you RECEIVED your letter on or after 1 September. How do they know when you received it? Mine is dated 30 August but I received it on 4 September so...??

1/11/18  N-400 Filed online

Wait, so you fill in the DS260 if you RECEIVED your letter on or after 1 September. How do they know when you received it? Mine is dated 30 August but I received it on 4 September so...??

They don't it's just a cut off date to switch people over. Pick one.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.