Domitila

DS 260

49 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ugh. I just called and the lady told no need to fill up ds260 since my ds230 is already approved. They are saying different things all the time

USCIS:

July 16 2012: I-130 sent

July 18 2012: Priority date

July 3 2013: NOA 2

NVC

July 17 2013: NVC received my case file

July 19 2013: case number and IIN received, ds-3032 sent

July 26 2013: ds 3032 and AOS invoice fee received. AOS fee Paid

July 29 2013: AOS package sent

July 31 2013: AOS package received at NVC

Aug 01 2013: AOS entered for review

Aug 02 2013: ds 3032 accepted

Aug 03 2013: IV invoice fee received via email and paid; Sent IV package to NVC

Aug 07 2013: IV package received at NVC

Aug 09 2013: IV entered for review

Aug 26 2013: CHECKLIST for AOS

Aug 28 2013: AOS checklist sent

Aug 29 2013: AOS checklist received at NVC

Aug 30 2013: AOS entered for review again

Sept 03 2013: IV package accepted

Sept 05 2013: ds260 sent

Sept 23 2013: CASE COMPLETE

Sept. 30 2013: case complete confirmation email

Oct. 28 2013: Interview letter received (december 17 2013)

Nov. 12 2013: medical done ( 1 day only)

Nov. 13 2013: case status ready

Nov. 15 2013: rescheduled my interview online

Nov. 27 2013: done with INTERVIEW (no additional papers asked)

Dec. 09 2013: CFO

DEc. 12 2013: POE: LAX :)

sleepy.gif sleepy.gif VISA on HAND!rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

CEAC status

11.27.13: ready for interview

12.02.13: ready

12.03.13: ISSUED

12.05.13: visa in transit

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI we went to usem today for my daughter's interview....

i had my interview last sept 3 and used ds-230 and got approved under ir1 visa

now, i had my daughter's ds 230 ready and when we were there they asked me to register online for the ds260

after completing her ds260...the lady told me that i need to put the middle name of my daughter in the given names...

then the lady ask me to reschedule my daughter's appointment since i need to put the middle name only...

just because of the middle name....i had to reschedule her appointment!!!! wow, they aren't that considerate enough!

Sheesh, that's ridiculous. Was it in the instructions? I hope they don't start surprising K-1 interviewees with that. Ours is next month, and I spent a grand just to fly to Manila next month to be with her at the interview.

barata-gif-3.gif

Sheesh, that's ridiculous. Was it in the instructions? I hope they don't start surprising K-1 interviewees with that. Ours is next month, and I spent a grand just to fly to Manila next month to be with her at the interview.

I wasn't able to read the new announcement under immigrant visa section about the new form since I just had my interview...so I just prepared the documents of my daughter the way I prepared mine....

I guess ds260 applies to immigrant visa...not to k1 as of the moment....just read the us embassy Manila announcement from time to time....

Ugh. I just called and the lady told no need to fill up ds260 since my ds230 is already approved. They are saying different things all the time

hi when is your interview? Did you fill up your ds260 form?

hi when is your interview? Did you fill up your ds260 form?

Why would she fill out a DS-260, when it's been said time and again that DS-260 is NOT for K visas?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Why would she fill out a DS-260, when it's been said time and again that DS-260 is NOT for K visas?

Mostly because they are IR/CR-1.... ;)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

My daughter got approved today after a long wait in the embassy!

Hahahahaha..i thought we will be going to have an another delay since we used I-864 affidavit of support to our daughter...instead of I-864w..

the Filipina Initial interviewer was so nice and accomodating, she let me sign the new form i-864w (should be signed by the petitioner).

She just told me " goodluck if the consul will accept it....."

And thank God...the Consul was so cool that he let me read the oath by myself...(i can hear other applicants laughting at the back)...

and interchange my name to my daughter's....and call me by my husband's name....hahahaha..that was the most stressfree interview....

that the Consul took into consideration our AOS...

thank you to all of u...

Timeline

My daughter got approved today after a long wait in the embassy!

Hahahahaha..i thought we will be going to have an another delay since we used I-864 affidavit of support to our daughter...instead of I-864w..

the Filipina Initial interviewer was so nice and accomodating, she let me sign the new form i-864w (should be signed by the petitioner).

She just told me " goodluck if the consul will accept it....."

And thank God...the Consul was so cool that he let me read the oath by myself...(i can hear other applicants laughting at the back)...

and interchange my name to my daughter's....and call me by my husband's name....hahahaha..that was the most stressfree interview....

that the Consul took into consideration our AOS...

thank you to all of u...

Yey! Congrats!

USCIS:

July 16 2012: I-130 sent

July 18 2012: Priority date

July 3 2013: NOA 2

NVC

July 17 2013: NVC received my case file

July 19 2013: case number and IIN received, ds-3032 sent

July 26 2013: ds 3032 and AOS invoice fee received. AOS fee Paid

July 29 2013: AOS package sent

July 31 2013: AOS package received at NVC

Aug 01 2013: AOS entered for review

Aug 02 2013: ds 3032 accepted

Aug 03 2013: IV invoice fee received via email and paid; Sent IV package to NVC

Aug 07 2013: IV package received at NVC

Aug 09 2013: IV entered for review

Aug 26 2013: CHECKLIST for AOS

Aug 28 2013: AOS checklist sent

Aug 29 2013: AOS checklist received at NVC

Aug 30 2013: AOS entered for review again

Sept 03 2013: IV package accepted

Sept 05 2013: ds260 sent

Sept 23 2013: CASE COMPLETE

Sept. 30 2013: case complete confirmation email

Oct. 28 2013: Interview letter received (december 17 2013)

Nov. 12 2013: medical done ( 1 day only)

Nov. 13 2013: case status ready

Nov. 15 2013: rescheduled my interview online

Nov. 27 2013: done with INTERVIEW (no additional papers asked)

Dec. 09 2013: CFO

DEc. 12 2013: POE: LAX :)

sleepy.gif sleepy.gif VISA on HAND!rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

CEAC status

11.27.13: ready for interview

12.02.13: ready

12.03.13: ISSUED

12.05.13: visa in transit

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

any suggestions, i put my middle name in SURNAMES, i already submitted my ds 260, why should i do? T_T

Did you already complete your case at NVC?

If not, NVC will probably send you a checklist for it, to have it corrected. Once submitted, you cannot edit it anymore, unless NVC gives you access.

Did you already complete your case at NVC?

If not, NVC will probably send you a checklist for it, to have it corrected. Once submitted, you cannot edit it anymore, unless NVC gives you access.

naka receive na ako ng checklist nung oct. 3 pa, pero na submit ko yung ds260 ko nung oct 16, pero di pa na send yung mga missing documents sa NVC, mag se2nd ulit sa akin ng checklist ang nvc para i pa correct yung ds260 ko?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.