DavenRoxy

Returning to PI... is CFO needed

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, I just got curious about the confusion that you have mention. So what are really the necessary documents should I bring to interview as proof of bona fide relationship? Not many? Like how many pages of chat logs for example? Do you mind if you share me those documents? I have been spending couple of nights just to finish copy and pasting our chat logs on MS Word since me and my fiance are more into chatting than calling. Do I need to start the chat logs from when we first met online or do I need to start after we met in person? I would really appreciate all the help a lot.. Thank you!

As for copies of the chat logs, just a sampling will do, a page or two from each month since you met in person, the CO is not going to have time to "read a book", pictures together (of course) and truly knowing about your fiancé; where he works, address where he (you soon) lives, how you met, how many times he was in the Phils, wedding plans. Questions vary some but they are along that line. Be self-assured, confident, smile and look the CO in the eyes when speaking.

All the best.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Also, I believe Hank is one who had the CO keep a pic. Ours were in an album, and they took none. They also asked if she had an engagement ring, which she showed to the CO. When she did her interview, I remember a lot of people stressing about the interview at the time. Don't. If you are in a bona fide relationship, you will know all the correct answers about family and such. And if you happen to get one wrong, don't get hung up over it, just move on to the next question. There are hundreds of questions they CAN ask, but they try to keep you at the window for about 3 minutes, so it's not like they need a life history from you.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yup the CO actually kept two pictures, ours were simply printed on bond paper (two to a sheet)..

Ya there is way too much stressing about the interview, how the Filipina presents herself and answers the questions + the I-134, and supporting evidence 97% of the interview.

And the rest is generic.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Returning to the original topic, no it's not needed if she has advanced parole or her green card. While there is tons of very useful information on this sight there's at least an equal amount of chaff.

Hence when Michel was going through the K1 process I told her to do exactly what I told her and nothing more. Sure enough she found this website recommended by a friend while I didn't even know it existed. And sure enough 5 or 6 times during the process she said yes but I read that etc... And only once in the 5 or 6 times she mentioned it was the information correct.

Now that's easy for me to say since english is my first language and I can read, so I had no need for this site and didn't consult anything but what was on the forms. It was also very useful that income wasn't an issue and she was from Makati. We also had great records.

My point being that as well intentioned as it may be it doesn't help posting information that is not verified and sewing seeds of doubt.

Also, I believe Hank is one who had the CO keep a pic. Ours were in an album, and they took none. They also asked if she had an engagement ring, which she showed to the CO. When she did her interview, I remember a lot of people stressing about the interview at the time. Don't. If you are in a bona fide relationship, you will know all the correct answers about family and such. And if you happen to get one wrong, don't get hung up over it, just move on to the next question. There are hundreds of questions they CAN ask, but they try to keep you at the window for about 3 minutes, so it's not like they need a life history from you.

wait a minute I am in a bonafide relationship,,but my fiancee doesnt know anything about my family,,,i dont see a need for her to know

BUT I had to write everything down and send it to her for her to study,,we didnt have an official engagement date either,,we had to make one up,,

as I simply tossed her a ring in the morning while she was getting dressed,,and said heres your ring,,,

romantic? probably not,,but I dont care what the rest of the world thinks

"Never Argue with an idiot, he will only bring you down to his level"

K1 Visa Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-03-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-07-28

Interview Date : 19 AUG 2013 cancelled due to flooding Sept 11 2013

Interview Result : Approved!

Visa Received : 18 Sept

US Entry : 26 Sept 2013

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 130 days from your NOA1 date.

Married 12-15-2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS- When I get the cash for it

A guy shouldnt have to go through all this hassle to bring a girl over

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hank and Daven thank you very much for the help, answer and for the info. I really appreciate it. My interview appointment is Sept 17, I am nervous and excited. But I am positive I will get the approval. :)

AOS

02/28/2014 I-485 & I-765 Package sent

03/04/2014 Package received at the USCIS (NOA I-797C)

03/07/2014 Notice date (NOA I-797)

03/09/2014 Text and Email received from USCIS

03/11/2014 NOA for I-485 and I-765 hard copy received<p>

03/17/2014 Biometrics Appointment for 04/04/2014

04/04/2014 Biometrics

06/04/2014 EAD card on hand

06/05/2014 NPIWC

11/24/2014 WELCOME Notice

11/28/2014 Green Card Received! :dancing::)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.