kristinebelle

Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case

3,441 posts in this topic

And as GiuseppeG's experience will tells us, getting to the NYC field office doesn't mean quick action. You can rot there just as long...Their "posted" Processing Time for that office as of November 30th was May 6th - over a month past our receipt date. An InfoPass appointment would be more realistic if we know it is there...My lawyer also knows the supervisor there and that may help as well...Maybe he'll finally earn his fee...At this point, I'll use anything to get this nightmare finished. Keep you all posted.

Well, I'm not really that convinced that my case is at the NYC field office. I've had nothing to confirm where exactly it is. My congressman's liaison filed a congressional enquiry yesterday, so I guess I'll find out soon. Not entirely sure how long it takes to hear back on this sort of thing!

2013 7/15 I-129F sent, 7/18 received Dallas lockbox, 7/22 NOA1, 10/22 NOA2, 11/15 NVC Case Created, 11/20 NVC Shipped, 11/25 Consulate received, 11/28 Packet 3 received/returned, 11/29 Medical, 12/9 Packet 4 received

2014 1/9 Interview - Approved, 1/15 CEAC - Issued, 1/17 Visa in hand, 2/5 POE: LAX, 4/4 Married!, 4/8 AOS/EAD/AP filed, 4/14 NOA1, 5/7 Walk-in biometrics, 5/19 EAD/AP approved (expedited), 5/22 EAD/AP mailed, 5/23 EAD/AP received, 7/29 Interview waiver letter

2015 4/13 AOS approved (no interview), 4/22 Green card received

2017 1/17 I-751 ROC filed (VSC), 1/23 NOA, 2/28 Biometrics

2018 1/31 ROC approved

2020 1/14 N400 filed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Exactly what "nlhernan" said is what is going on with me n that's exactly wat I did only thing is I haven't seen any new updates on the case

It's been over 9 month now

Exactly what "nlhernan" said is what is going on with me n that's exactly wat I did only thing is I haven't seen any new updates on the case

It's been over 9 month now

Did you look down you case page. If you have not created an account, you will not see it. At the upper left of the USCIS Case Status page it says log in or sign up. Sign up and when you open, scroll down the page and you'll see actions if any have been taken. Good luck.

AOS

3/20/14 Sent by lashed

3/25/14 NBC acknowledges recept (date always quoted by Tier 1)

4/3/14 NOA1 Recipt

6/9/14 NOA EAD approved

6/27/14 NPIW letter dated same

12/5/14 First service request (Notice did not receive)

12/9/14 Response says the wait can be as long as 9 - 12 months from date of receipt

1/8/15 Second service request on line (out of processing date) - immediate listed unassigned

1/20/15 Talked with Tier 2 - he files General Inquiry to have NYC field offlce request file

1/23/15 My Case states SR from 1/9/15 is complete, response mailed

1/28/15 Written response from NYC office states case "...remains under active examination..."

1/29/15 Written response from NBC from 1/8/15 SR states "...USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case..."

2/4/15 Case arrives at the NYC field office

2/24/15 Third service request on line (out of processing date)

3/5/15 Written response from Imperial, CA states " ...we are not able to give you a timeframe..." for approval

3/27/15 Call from IO in Imperial CA FSO, required marriage certificate, FAX it immediately

3/27/15 GC approved!! One day before predicted date...

4/2/15 Welcome to America arrives

4/18/15 Green Card in hand - AOS journey is complete

ROC

12/28/15 I-751 submitted by lawyer

1/12/16 NOA - receipt of application

1/12/17 Submitted Service Request for out of processing time

1/26/17 Response to Service Request - processing hold awaiting security checks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just made an account and now I can view the history

Thanx a lot

Do you have any idea what it means when it says the request was complete?

Well, I'm not really that convinced that my case is at the NYC field office. I've had nothing to confirm where exactly it is. My congressman's liaison filed a congressional enquiry yesterday, so I guess I'll find out soon. Not entirely sure how long it takes to hear back on this sort of thing!

GiuseppeG - When you call the USCIS number and listen to your case status, the first thing it says is where your file is...mine still says it is "...at our Service Center in Lee's Summit, MO..." just before it says the last action (accepting fingerprint fee). I have been lead to believe that that is where your case is...at this time I know mine still is...Has anyone heard anything different, like maybe at a local field office?

My Congressman was ok in Nov. Her aide who handles immigration issues got information (that I already had) from USCIS in about a week saying that we had to patient until the 6 month time frame for the NPIW to expire -- basically hurry up and wait. I got a letter from the Congresswoman saying the same. When I came back in January, after the six months had expired, he was useless. I got no word for 2 weeks I only talked to him after 6 messages - and I still had to innitate the call. So it is hit or miss with your Congressman as well. Oh that we all had Joe Wilson (maybe not all his politics), maybe he'd move mountains for all of us...Try Kirsten Gillibrand, her office is pretty responsive, but not more useful when it comes to moving USCIS...

Edited by nlhernan

AOS

3/20/14 Sent by lashed

4/3/14 NOA1 Recipt

6/9/14 NOA EAD approved

12/9/14 Response says the wait can be as long as 9 - 12 months from date of receipt

1/8/15 Second service request on line (out of processing date) - immediate listed unassigned

1/20/15 Talked with Tier 2 - he files General Inquiry to have NYC field offlce request file

1/28/15 Written response from NYC office states case "...remains under active examination..."

1/29/15 Written response from NBC from 1/8/15 SR states "...USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case..."

3/5/15 Written response from Imperial, CA states " ...we are not able to give you a timeframe..." for approval

3/27/15 Call from IO in Imperial CA FSO, required marriage certificate, FAX it immediately

ROC

Just made an account and now I can view the history

Thanx a lot

Do you have any idea what it means when it says the request was complete?

It means that there should be a reponse by mail to your address. HOWEVER, some people have had to wait 30 days before they are allowed to submit a service request to find out where their last service request is...Its a game where the rules change all the time and you will never win -- only survive; hopefully...

AOS

3/20/14 Sent by lashed

4/3/14 NOA1 Recipt

6/9/14 NOA EAD approved

ROC

GiuseppeG - When you call the USCIS number and listen to your case status, the first thing it says is where your file is...mine still says it is "...at our Service Center in Lee's Summit, MO..." just before it says the last action (accepting fingerprint fee). I have been lead to believe that that is where your case is...at this time I know mine still is...Has anyone heard anything different, like maybe at a local field office?

My Congressman was ok in Nov. Her aide who handles immigration issues got information (that I already had) from USCIS in about a week saying that we had to patient until the 6 month time frame for the NPIW to expire -- basically hurry up and wait. I got a letter from the Congresswoman saying the same. When I came back in January, after the six months had expired, he was useless. I got no word for 2 weeks I only talked to him after 6 messages - and I still had to innitate the call. So it is hit or miss with your Congressman as well. Oh that we all had Joe Wilson (maybe not all his politics), maybe he'd move mountains for all of us...Try Kirsten Gillibrand, her office is pretty responsive, but not more useful when it comes to moving USCIS...

Yeah mine still says Lee's Summit, MO.

Thanks, this is good info. My congressman is Hakeem Jeffries and I'm dealing with a staffer of his who was extremely helpful and on the ball when I needed to expedite my EAD. In that case, I received an approval from USCIS within about 2 hours after I spoke with her, which I 100% was not expecting. This time around I emailed the same staffer and she immediately responded that she was contacting USCIS, and that she'll update me when she hears back.

2013 7/15 I-129F sent, 7/18 received Dallas lockbox, 7/22 NOA1, 10/22 NOA2, 11/15 NVC Case Created, 11/20 NVC Shipped, 11/25 Consulate received, 11/28 Packet 3 received/returned, 11/29 Medical, 12/9 Packet 4 received

2014 1/9 Interview - Approved, 1/15 CEAC - Issued, 1/17 Visa in hand, 2/5 POE: LAX, 4/4 Married!, 4/8 AOS/EAD/AP filed, 4/14 NOA1, 5/7 Walk-in biometrics, 5/19 EAD/AP approved (expedited), 5/22 EAD/AP mailed, 5/23 EAD/AP received, 7/29 Interview waiver letter

2018 1/31 ROC approved

2020 1/14 N400 filed

I don't see what it is as it's currently not assigned for processing. Tier 2 person filed the request for me, she said it's going to NBC office. The inquiry no. begins with WKD and End with MSC. She said that if I don't get any respond or approval by Feb 10, just call her back.

Pat80 - When you go to your My Case page, what action is listed for your call today? What I'm asking is is it a SR for out of processing date or something else? It seems weird to me that your SR # does not end with the Boston field office suffix...probably because they're embarrased because the processing date for I-485's in Boston as of NOVEMBER 30TH WAS JUNE 2ND!!! But unless you believe in the toothfairy or the Easter Bunny, you know those dates mean nothing to Interview Waiver cases...ABSOLUTELY NOTHING...

AOS

3/20/14 Sent by lashed

4/3/14 NOA1 Recipt

6/9/14 NOA EAD approved

ROC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Pat80 - When you go to your My Case page, what action is listed for your call today? What I'm asking is is it a SR for out of processing date or something else? It seems weird to me that your SR # does not end with the Boston field office suffix...probably because they're embarrased because the processing date for I-485's in Boston as of NOVEMBER 30TH WAS JUNE 2ND!!! But unless you believe in the toothfairy or the Easter Bunny, you know those dates mean nothing to Interview Waiver cases...ABSOLUTELY NOTHING...

nlhernan,

This is what I have;

As of January 21, 2015, your inquiry about a notice that you did not receive, referral number WKDxxxxxxx343MSC, is currently not assigned for processing.

I don't know what they mean for notice not receive? Despite I asked why it is out of processing time. I understood that the ending "MSC" is like sending request to National Benefit Center (instead of BOS office).

As I know, many I485 applicants filing in Oct 2014 already got GC at Boston Office, so frustrated!

Edited by Pat80

AOS from K1

04/04/14 - USCIS received date

04/08/14 - Fingerprint fee accepted

04/09/14 - USCIS Noa1 notice date and check cashed next day

04/11/14 - Got text/e-mail notification for I-485, I-131 and I-765 at 1:09 a.m. & check cleared in the morning

05/06/14 - Fingerprint done

06/12/14 - EAD card production date & AP approval date

06/20/14 - Received EAD/AP Combo card in hand + text/email notice for delivery status :lol:

07/14/14 - Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver case dated 07/10/14

02/24/15 - Renewal EAD/AP Noa Date

03/18/15 - Requested help from Ombudsman

03/19/15 - One fingerprint done for EAD renewal

03/25/15 - Requested help from Senator

04/01/15 - Case has been transferred to field office in Columbus, Ohio

04/09/15 - Card was ordered

04/16/15 - Card mailed

04/18/15 - Received GC in hands finally! (no welcome notice)

ROC

02/21/17 - Sent package to VSC

02/23/17 - Package delivered 

03/30/17 - Finger print done

N 400

01/10/18 - Online application sent

01/11/18 - NOA Receipt PDF posted online

01/13/18 - Biometrics appointment scheduled status (wait for PDF)

01/13/18 - NOA Receipt delivered

01/16/18 - Biometrics appointment scheduled PDF uploaded

02/01/18 - Fingerprint done (get text & email alert but no update + estimated time changed to 4 months)

02/02/18 - Case status changed to We review your biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based main forum to Progress Reports sub-forum - topic is case status ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

nlhernan,

This is what I have;

As of January 21, 2015, your inquiry about a notice that you did not receive, referral number WKDxxxxxxx343MSC, is currently not assigned for processing.

I don't know what they mean for notice not receive? Despite I asked why it is out of processing time. I understood that the ending "MSC" is like sending request to National Benefit Center (instead of BOS office).

As I know, many I485 applicants filing in Oct 2014 already got GC at Boston Office, so frustrated!

"A notice you did not receive..." seems to mean that you think you shoulda got an approval by now but you just haven't received it yet; it must be lost in the mail versus "...a notice that you are out of processing time..." means you know you haven't been approved yet but you're outside processing time at your local office. That's just my read. It seems like an administrative difference only...only they know...

I was told by Tier 2 that the 3 letter suffix was your geographical location only and had nothing to do with where it was to be directed...Another lie unveiled...

Unfortunately you have either know someone or heard of someone getting what I call a "miracle" interview and rapid GC in 2 - 3 months...They make me sick to my stomach. What makes them so special? As I said in an earlier post. A woman my wife met at the embassy in Tashkent while they were getting their initlal paperwork for consular processing for their K1 visa filed 2 weeks later in April, got a request for interview 3 days before our NPIW letter on June 27th, was interviewed the last week of July and had her GC Aug 8th. It has been so upsetting as time progresses that my wife can no longer even talk with her. It's too upestting...This process is a dehumanizing, no matter what anyone else says and the longer it takes the more dehumanizing it gets...

AOS

3/20/14 Sent by lashed

4/3/14 NOA1 Recipt

6/9/14 NOA EAD approved

ROC

Filed: Timeline

Did you look down you case page. If you have not created an account, you will not see it. At the upper left of the USCIS Case Status page it says log in or sign up. Sign up and when you open, scroll down the page and you'll see actions if any have been taken. Good luck.

I cannot put in anything in the User Name when I sign in on the USCIS Case Status. Why?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Does anyone know which office CLT is? I'm guessing Charlotte, as we recently moved to NC. My Service Request is ending with CLT. Should that also mean that's where our case file is located?

Response to congressional inquiry confirms my suspicions! My case is not at the New York City field office, and is not necessarily being scheduled for an interview (as I've been told twice).

A review of our systems shows Case MSC149092xxxx, Form I-485, A# Axxxxxxxxx, DOB xxxxxx filed by Mr. xxxxxx was received on 4/14/14. We received Mr. xxxxxx's biometrics on 5/7/14 and his case is currently pending at the NBC. Mr. xxxxxx’s case has been identified as a possible interview waiver case and is currently being held at the NBC pending a field office review. The interview waiver cases are being shipped to the local USCIS field offices for adjudication based on field office capacity and not necessarily office of jurisdiction. At this time the processing time is approximately 9-12 months from the receipt date. Once further action is taken on this case notice will be sent to the address of record.

My congressman's liaison asked me to contact her again if I haven't had any movement within 6 weeks. I'm just happy for now to get a clear answer.

2018 1/31 ROC approved

2020 1/14 N400 filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.