kristinebelle

Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case

3,441 posts in this topic

Seems I always come through as the cynical wet blanket, but here goes. Natostan, it took about 5 days after both of our most resent message sent notices online to the time the letter got dropped through the slot by the official purveyor of the mail. Sorry shell, I don't share your optimism that it is a "Wulcum 2 Merka" letter. He would have seen a change in status in his my case page. It will be important as to the actual postal return address and whether it uses a word other than delay in the body of the letter. Natostan, still wanna know who the fairy godmother was who submitted your request in absentia.

I hear ya, I really do! I don't blame you for being cynical either, I blame no one on this forum for that with what has happened, but the one thing that makes me think it may be good news, is that he didn't put in a request and he wasn't the only one, as someone also got the same message the same day. It's either good news or another generic letter. However, I hold out a glimmer of hope, albeit a mere morsel.. I guess we will know more in the next day or so. Here's hoping things turn around for the better.

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I wonder what type of impact this will have on the new immigration reform that was supposed to take place tomorrow...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/17/politics/texas-obama-immigration-injunction/index.html

Maybe it will free up some processors and allow them to get to ours. <_<

I wonder what type of impact this will have on the new immigration reform that was supposed to take place tomorrow...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/17/politics/texas-obama-immigration-injunction/index.html

Interesting article, it temporarily stops the flood of applications, but I am sat here pondering why there is a back log before this even happened? I am not fully versed on DACA, so I don't know if the delays have been a part of the back log or its something else. Wish I could feel more positive, although it does give them chance to play catch up I guess! Thanks for sharing and keeping us updated!

It is what has been expected from this District Court. It will depend greatly upon the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, which has ended to be fairly conservative in its decisions. Whether they will stay the injunction or uphold it is up in the air. At this point, the injunction halts the application process...

AOS

3/20/14 Sent by lashed

3/25/14 NBC acknowledges recept (date always quoted by Tier 1)

4/3/14 NOA1 Recipt

6/9/14 NOA EAD approved

6/27/14 NPIW letter dated same

12/5/14 First service request (Notice did not receive)

12/9/14 Response says the wait can be as long as 9 - 12 months from date of receipt

1/8/15 Second service request on line (out of processing date) - immediate listed unassigned

1/20/15 Talked with Tier 2 - he files General Inquiry to have NYC field offlce request file

1/23/15 My Case states SR from 1/9/15 is complete, response mailed

1/28/15 Written response from NYC office states case "...remains under active examination..."

1/29/15 Written response from NBC from 1/8/15 SR states "...USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case..."

2/4/15 Case arrives at the NYC field office

2/24/15 Third service request on line (out of processing date)

3/5/15 Written response from Imperial, CA states " ...we are not able to give you a timeframe..." for approval

3/27/15 Call from IO in Imperial CA FSO, required marriage certificate, FAX it immediately

3/27/15 GC approved!! One day before predicted date...

4/2/15 Welcome to America arrives

4/18/15 Green Card in hand - AOS journey is complete

ROC

12/28/15 I-751 submitted by lawyer

1/12/16 NOA - receipt of application

1/12/17 Submitted Service Request for out of processing time

1/26/17 Response to Service Request - processing hold awaiting security checks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Oh my! Maybe those 1000+ new employees can process some of our applications to reduce the back log as we wait for the appeal from the Justice Department.

K-1 Timeline

K-1 Interview Result: APPROVED!

Married on 03/12/2014

AOS Timeline

Mailed I-485, I-131, I-765: 04/14/2014

I-485, I-131, I-765 delivered by USPS: 04/15/2014

Check cashed by USCIS: 04/19/2014

I-485, I-131, I-765 NOA: 04/20/2014

I-485 RFE: 05/12/2014

I-485 RFE Received: 5/21/2014

I-131 and I-765 Approved: 06/28/2014

EAD/AP Combo Card Mailed: 07/07/2014

POTENTIAL INTERVIEW WAIVER LETTER DATED 07/29/2014

Card/Document Production: 04/07/2015

Welcome Notice Sent: 04/07/2015

AOS APPROVAL PREDICTION DATE: April 22, 2015 brought to you by good ol' Mountain Dew!

APPROVED!!!! 04/07/2015

Oh my! Maybe those 1000+ new employees can process some of our applications to reduce the back log as we wait for the appeal from the Justice Department.

Maybe I should get a job there and concentrate on all the vjers waiting on here.. Oh that's right I probably can't as they probably wont accept an EAD card and will want a GC. Sorry couldn't resist! lol!

Timeline

Maybe I should get a job there and concentrate on all the vjers waiting on here.. Oh that's right I probably can't as they probably wont accept an EAD card and will want a GC. Sorry couldn't resist! lol!

lol. I don't even know how to feel about this. It might or might not make a difference for us. I just want my wife's green card already!

K-1 Timeline

Married on 03/12/2014

AOS Timeline

AOS APPROVAL PREDICTION DATE: April 22, 2015 brought to you by good ol' Mountain Dew!

APPROVED!!!! 04/07/2015

lol. I don't even know how to feel about this. It might or might not make a difference for us. I just want my wife's green card already!

This is the question though and a million dollar one. If DACA hasn't even started what is causing these delays? Am I missing something. I would expect a slow down when they have additional visas to process, but this has happened before DACA. Any one out there care to enlighten me?

Timeline

This is the question though and a million dollar one. If DACA hasn't even started what is causing these delays? Am I missing something. I would expect a slow down when they have additional visas to process, but this has happened before DACA. Any one out there care to enlighten me?

The first DACA initiative took place in 2012, if I am not mistaken. It has not been confirmed that this is the reason why there are longer delays, but it is suspected. The last time I spoke with Tier 2 I asked about what was going to happen come Feb 18th with a new wave for applications for the President's Executive Order. I was told everything was going to be the same and that the first DACA initiative had nothing to do with delays. She went on to tell me that they still had pending applications from the first DACA initiative, so they were in no way giving those application priority over others. I think I'm going to make another call to USCIS today after work.

Edited by espared12

K-1 Timeline

Married on 03/12/2014

AOS Timeline

APPROVED!!!! 04/07/2015

The first DACA initiative took place in 2012, if I am not mistaken. It has not been confirmed that this is the reason why there are longer delays, but it is suspected. The last time I spoke with Tier 2 I asked about what was going to happen come Feb 18th with a new wave for applications for the President's Executive Order. I was told everything was going to be the same and that the first DACA initiative had nothing to do with delays. She went on to tell me that they still had pending applications from the first DACA initiative, so they were in no way giving those application priority over others. I think I'm going to make another call to USCIS today after work.

Thanks for reaffirming what I had already read. I read figures about a month ago from newspaper reports regarding the DACA in 2012 and then a recent article regarding it a week ago. Unfortunately, it showed DACA figures were partly to blame well to be honest probably 90 percent to blame plus an unexpected surge in other applications.. I doubt any one not even a Tier 2 is going to tell us the bare facts in case we cause a ripple! Hopefully this delay with all the new employees might make a dent on the ever increasing back log, that's if they arent just trained in one specific area.

As the NYT article said : "But although the agency is financed by fees and does not depend on congressional appropriations, no new employees were brought on at that center, because of “unanticipated hiring difficulties,” officials said, without elaborating."

If this flood of GC applications is the result of "dreamers" or other cause and or both makes no difference. This agency has made a choice to not react to the increased numbers by increasing the number of officers with approval power. Those 1000 new hires and the countless number of contract employees are there to push papers for EAD's; they are of no benefit to us other than they are chewing up money waiting to work...which at this moment is on hold.

So why the "...unanticipated hiring difficulties..."? Maybe some of our Congressmen should be asking this as well...

AOS

3/20/14 Sent by lashed

3/25/14 NBC acknowledges recept (date always quoted by Tier 1)

4/3/14 NOA1 Recipt

6/9/14 NOA EAD approved

6/27/14 NPIW letter dated same

12/5/14 First service request (Notice did not receive)

12/9/14 Response says the wait can be as long as 9 - 12 months from date of receipt

1/8/15 Second service request on line (out of processing date) - immediate listed unassigned

1/20/15 Talked with Tier 2 - he files General Inquiry to have NYC field offlce request file

1/23/15 My Case states SR from 1/9/15 is complete, response mailed

1/28/15 Written response from NYC office states case "...remains under active examination..."

1/29/15 Written response from NBC from 1/8/15 SR states "...USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case..."

2/4/15 Case arrives at the NYC field office

2/24/15 Third service request on line (out of processing date)

3/5/15 Written response from Imperial, CA states " ...we are not able to give you a timeframe..." for approval

3/27/15 Call from IO in Imperial CA FSO, required marriage certificate, FAX it immediately

3/27/15 GC approved!! One day before predicted date...

4/2/15 Welcome to America arrives

4/18/15 Green Card in hand - AOS journey is complete

ROC

12/28/15 I-751 submitted by lawyer

1/12/16 NOA - receipt of application

1/12/17 Submitted Service Request for out of processing time

1/26/17 Response to Service Request - processing hold awaiting security checks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Tomorrow is 11 months since our NOA1 and nothing. Looks like these guys are really backlogged, I send the docs for my EAD renewal on Feb 2 and haven't heard anything yet, my EAD expires in 3 months, I hope they will give me at least something, don't want to lose my job.

AOS Timeline

NOA - March 18, 2014

EAD - May 21, 2014

NPIW - June 27th

GC approved - March 20, 2015

EAD renewal

NOA - February 9, 2015

Biometrics - March 5, 2015

Terminated - March 25, 2015 (Case was terminated due to GC approval)

Tomorrow is 11 months since our NOA1 and nothing. Looks like these guys are really backlogged, I send the docs for my EAD renewal on Feb 2 and haven't heard anything yet, my EAD expires in 3 months, I hope they will give me at least something, don't want to lose my job.

There wont be a problem with EAD, so don't worry about that. Have you made a service request or anything regarding your application or an info pass?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

There wont be a problem with EAD, so don't worry about that. Have you made a service request or anything regarding your application or an info pass?

I did a month ago or so. I will do another one today, and let you know how it goes. Last time they told me my case was till in Lee Sumit, so hoping for a progress :):rolleyes:

AOS Timeline

NOA - March 18, 2014

EAD - May 21, 2014

NPIW - June 27th

GC approved - March 20, 2015

EAD renewal

NOA - February 9, 2015

Biometrics - March 5, 2015

Terminated - March 25, 2015 (Case was terminated due to GC approval)

I did a month ago or so. I will do another one today, and let you know how it goes. Last time they told me my case was till in Lee Sumit, so hoping for a progress :):rolleyes:

Someone on here did an info pass, much the same as you. I think he posted what happened around 13th Feb. Trying to remember their visa journey name Plato I think. Any way he had received correspondence with letters ending FL, which meant his case wasnt at Lee summit, wasn't at his local field office Pittsburgh but was in Florida, so perhaps an info pass? Or if you have old correspondence look at their reference number to give you an idea. I don't know it all really sucks for everyone right now, although they do seem to be approving March filers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.