kristinebelle

Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case

3,441 posts in this topic

Thanks everyone for good news. My wife got the PIWL dated July 10th. Also thank you Natonstan for sending me to this discussion. It truly answered a lot of quesitions!

Edited by Camtor

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks everyone for good news. My wife got the PIWL dated July 10th. Also thank you Natonstan for sending me to this discussion. It truly answered a lot of quesitions!

Welcome to the club Camtor! We look forward to seeing your approval posted here in the next month or so I hope.

K-1 Timeline

K-1 Interview Result: APPROVED!

Married on 03/12/2014

AOS Timeline

Mailed I-485, I-131, I-765: 04/14/2014

I-485, I-131, I-765 delivered by USPS: 04/15/2014

Check cashed by USCIS: 04/19/2014

I-485, I-131, I-765 NOA: 04/20/2014

I-485 RFE: 05/12/2014

I-485 RFE Received: 5/21/2014

I-131 and I-765 Approved: 06/28/2014

EAD/AP Combo Card Mailed: 07/07/2014

POTENTIAL INTERVIEW WAIVER LETTER DATED 07/29/2014

Card/Document Production: 04/07/2015

Welcome Notice Sent: 04/07/2015

AOS APPROVAL PREDICTION DATE: April 22, 2015 brought to you by good ol' Mountain Dew!

APPROVED!!!! 04/07/2015

In everyones flurry with dates and USCIS calls, I call this afternoon to find out where our case is (though I know where it is). Tier 1 assures me that our case is in the NYC office "...because they process all I-485's at local field offices..." If I has a dime for the number of times I've heard that I'd be at least a dollar-fifty-aire. I believe it like I believe in the toothfairy, Easter Bunny and Santa Claus. And I told him so. Unfortunately (according to him) Tier 2 is so backlogged, they aren't taking anymore calls today...Thanks guys, you clogged up the phones today, I really appreciated it :) ....

As my lawyer said today, they lie and they are accountable to no one...

BTW, I'll say it again, I'm not sure why everyone is getting worked up over these new processing dates; they don't mean anything to us. If they did we and many others would already have our GC's by now. We don't because as they decay around the clock in storage at NBC, they are not included in the local field office date statistics. So as those dates march merrily along, we don't...I got off that merry-go-round 3 months ago when Tier 2 told me this scoop...you should too. The disappointment becomes additive as you seem to be "out of processing time", though technically you are not...Think of all those vets waiting for appointment dates to seek medical care; their names were stuffed in a drawer (analogy NPIW cases @ NBC) to make their numbers look good - no appointments were made - people died. If things continue the way they are now, some of us may as well...

Edited by nlhernan

AOS

3/20/14 Sent by lashed

3/25/14 NBC acknowledges recept (date always quoted by Tier 1)

4/3/14 NOA1 Recipt

6/9/14 NOA EAD approved

6/27/14 NPIW letter dated same

12/5/14 First service request (Notice did not receive)

12/9/14 Response says the wait can be as long as 9 - 12 months from date of receipt

1/8/15 Second service request on line (out of processing date) - immediate listed unassigned

1/20/15 Talked with Tier 2 - he files General Inquiry to have NYC field offlce request file

1/23/15 My Case states SR from 1/9/15 is complete, response mailed

1/28/15 Written response from NYC office states case "...remains under active examination..."

1/29/15 Written response from NBC from 1/8/15 SR states "...USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case..."

2/4/15 Case arrives at the NYC field office

2/24/15 Third service request on line (out of processing date)

3/5/15 Written response from Imperial, CA states " ...we are not able to give you a timeframe..." for approval

3/27/15 Call from IO in Imperial CA FSO, required marriage certificate, FAX it immediately

3/27/15 GC approved!! One day before predicted date...

4/2/15 Welcome to America arrives

4/18/15 Green Card in hand - AOS journey is complete

ROC

12/28/15 I-751 submitted by lawyer

1/12/16 NOA - receipt of application

1/12/17 Submitted Service Request for out of processing time

1/26/17 Response to Service Request - processing hold awaiting security checks

Filed: Timeline

In everyones flurry with dates and USCIS calls, I call this afternoon to find out where our case is (though I know where it is). Tier 1 assures me that our case is in the NYC office "...because they process all I-485's at local field offices..." If I has a dime for the number of times I've heard that I'd be at least a dollar-fifty-aire. I believe it like I believe in the toothfairy, Easter Bunny and Santa Claus. And I told him so. Unfortunately (according to him) Tier 2 is so backlogged, they aren't taking anymore calls today...Thanks guys, you clogged up the phones today, I really appreciated it :) ....

BTW, I'll say it again, I'm not sure why everyone is getting worked up over these new processing dates; they don't mean anything to us. If they did we and many others would already have our GC's by now. We don't because as they decay around the clock in storage at NBC, they are not included in the local field office date statistics. So as those dates march merrily along, we don't...I got off that merry-go-round 3 months ago when Tier 2 told me this scoop...you should too. The disappointment becomes additive as you seem to be "out of processing time", though technically you are not...Think of all those vets waiting for appointment dates to seek medical care; their names were stuffed in a drawer (analogy NPIW cases @ NBC) to make their numbers look good - no appointments were made - people died. If things continue the way they are now, some of us may as well...

Do not be hurry. Be patient! I guess we will hear good news from you in next week! maybe a couple days.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

This is definitely a VERY frustrating situation for all of us, and emotions are running very high. I know field office dates have nothing to do with our cases sitting over and gathering dust at the NBC. We're just looking for any type of movement. In my case ANY type of movement gives me hope that my wife's approval is near. I am now seeing people that I used to see in the K1 forum when I first started with the K1 visa getting their approvals. That gives me hope that the end is in sight. I can't tell you how many times I check this forum on a daily basis for any good news. Just based on recent approvals it looks like people are getting their approvals 10-11 months after receipt date. My wife's receipt date is 04/15/2014, so we have to be hearing news here in the next month or so and you bet I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I know that can change at any time. Your receipt date is before ours, so I am hopeful that you will be hearing good new in the next few weeks or even days.

K-1 Timeline

K-1 Interview Result: APPROVED!

Married on 03/12/2014

AOS Timeline

Mailed I-485, I-131, I-765: 04/14/2014

I-485, I-131, I-765 delivered by USPS: 04/15/2014

Check cashed by USCIS: 04/19/2014

I-485, I-131, I-765 NOA: 04/20/2014

I-485 RFE: 05/12/2014

I-485 RFE Received: 5/21/2014

I-131 and I-765 Approved: 06/28/2014

EAD/AP Combo Card Mailed: 07/07/2014

POTENTIAL INTERVIEW WAIVER LETTER DATED 07/29/2014

Card/Document Production: 04/07/2015

Welcome Notice Sent: 04/07/2015

AOS APPROVAL PREDICTION DATE: April 22, 2015 brought to you by good ol' Mountain Dew!

APPROVED!!!! 04/07/2015

This is definitely a VERY frustrating situation for all of us, and emotions are running very high. I know field office dates have nothing to do with our cases sitting over and gathering dust at the NBC. We're just looking for any type of movement. In my case ANY type of movement gives me hope that my wife's approval is near. I am now seeing people that I used to see in the K1 forum when I first started with the K1 visa getting their approvals. That gives me hope that the end is in sight. I can't tell you how many times I check this forum on a daily basis for any good news. Just based on recent approvals it looks like people are getting their approvals 10-11 months after receipt date. My wife's receipt date is 04/15/2014, so we have to be hearing news here in the next month or so and you bet I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I know that can change at any time. Your receipt date is before ours, so I am hopeful that you will be hearing good new in the next few weeks or even days.

Thanks and yours soon as well...

AOS

3/20/14 Sent by lashed

4/3/14 NOA1 Recipt

6/9/14 NOA EAD approved

12/9/14 Response says the wait can be as long as 9 - 12 months from date of receipt

1/8/15 Second service request on line (out of processing date) - immediate listed unassigned

1/20/15 Talked with Tier 2 - he files General Inquiry to have NYC field offlce request file

1/28/15 Written response from NYC office states case "...remains under active examination..."

1/29/15 Written response from NBC from 1/8/15 SR states "...USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case..."

3/5/15 Written response from Imperial, CA states " ...we are not able to give you a timeframe..." for approval

3/27/15 Call from IO in Imperial CA FSO, required marriage certificate, FAX it immediately

ROC

Just noticed this on my tracking page:

"On February 11, 2015, your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number SR13541400161DAL, was completed."

This is odd because I never actually submitted an inquiry regarding processing times, in fact it wouldn't let me due to the Dallas times showing March right now (I applied April 2014).. I guess I'll just get the stock letter anyways but I'm not sure why I'm getting a response when I never submitted anything?

I got this too! I received a notice in the mail "in response to my inquiry" that they anticipate a delay to my green card. Difference from a lot of recent approvals is that I'm a June applier with an October NPIW letter, so a couple of months behind.

AOS:

NOA: June 16th, 2014

NPIW: September 29th, 2014

Received Green Card: June 13th, 2015.

RoC: 

California Service Center

Submitted: March 22nd, 2017

Completed: October 5th, 2018

N-400:

Submitted: December 11th, 2019

Biometrics: December 31st, 2019

Interview: April 22nd, 2020

Interview descheduled and now waiting for further updates...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Heading to the Pittsburgh field office tomorrow morning with my wife. made an INFOPASS appointment. i sent out my EAD renewal as well. i havent received a confirmatory sms or ,notification yet.

will keep everyone updated :clock:

Heading to the Pittsburgh field office tomorrow morning with my wife. made an INFOPASS appointment. i sent out my EAD renewal as well. i havent received a confirmatory sms or ,notification yet.

will keep everyone updated :clock:

Ask them about mine and tell them its my birthday and I would love a present for it. A GC. Only joking, good luck and please try and find out if cases do or do not go to the field office (although it seems not) and also what are causing the delays perhaps? :)

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

I got this too! I received a notice in the mail "in response to my inquiry" that they anticipate a delay to my green card. Difference from a lot of recent approvals is that I'm a June applier with an October NPIW letter, so a couple of months behind.

Thats very interesting being a later filer, did you make an inquiry? I am hoping if they sent you that letter they might be working on your case Good luck!!

I hate to say this and I might be totally off the mark, but looking at what Ntherman said about them not going to the field office and then looking at recent posts about longer lengths of waiting periods notices to Natonstan and Zcomuto. .I am wondering if they are sending these notices out generically, like the NPIW letters> As Natonstan is a month ahead of the latest field figures the same with Zcomuto and if we look at field office timelines, perhaps as Ntherman said we might clog up the phone lines, so they are again trying to pacify us? Just a thought, but it wouldn't surprise me!

I hate to say this and I might be totally off the mark, but looking at what Ntherman said about them not going to the field office and then looking at recent posts about longer lengths of waiting periods notices to Natonstan and Zcomuto. .I am wondering if they are sending these notices out generically, like the NPIW letters> As Natonstan is a month ahead of the latest field figures the same with Zcomuto and if we look at field office timelines, perhaps as Ntherman said we might clog up the phone lines, so they are again trying to pacify us? Just a thought, but it wouldn't surprise me!

Honestly Shell that's what I'm excpecting, my actual case status still hasn't changed so obviously it's just bound to be a generic letter, but I just dread to think what duration they're gonna give us now, is it gonna be the "Expect another 6-12 month delay" people got towards the end of last year?

I'll be sharing the information as soon as I get it anyway so don't worry about that

-K-1 Timeline-                                                                                         -ROC Timeline-
Visited girlfriend first time - 07/20/13                                                    Sent - 12/16/16
I-129f Filed - 08/04/13                                                                              NOA 1 - 12/19/16
NOA1 - 08/20/13                                                                                       Biometrics - 01/27/17
Visited girlfriend second time - 09/10/13 - 09/30/13                       Card Production - 6/14/18
RFE - 08/28/13 (parental consent from courthouse)                        Card in hand - 6/21/18
NOA2 - 11/05/13
Visited girlfriend third time - 11/14/13                                           -Citizenship filed Dec 13th 2018-
Case Shipped to NVC - 12/16/13                                                       Biometrics - Jan 3rd, 2018
NVC Case number - 12/26/13                                                            Interview - September 27th 2019 (Approved!)
Sent to London Embassy - 12/27/13                                                Oath - October 31st 2019 (Journey finally OVER!!)
DS - 160 Sent - 05/01/14
Readiness Form Sent - 06/01/14
Medical - 01/09/14
DS Forms & Medical Received By Embassy - 01/14/14
Interview - 02/13/14 APPROVED!!
CEAC Issued - 02/19/14
Visa in hand - 02/24/14
POE: Newark - 02/25/14
Married - 03/22-14

-AOS Timeline-
Filed - 04/16/14
NOA1 Email - 04/24/14

NOA1 Letters - 04/28/14

Biometrics Appointment - 05/19/14

RFE - 04/16/14

EAD Card Production - 07/03/14

EAD In Hand - 07/11/14

Potential Interview Waiver Letter - 07/29/14

Approved! - 03/16/15 (Took Almost 11 months total)

Honestly Shell that's what I'm excpecting, my actual case status still hasn't changed so obviously it's just bound to be a generic letter, but I just dread to think what duration they're gonna give us now, is it gonna be the "Expect another 6-12 month delay" people got towards the end of last year?

I'll be sharing the information as soon as I get it anyway so don't worry about that

#######, I didn't hear about that letter. But if you look at your dates you filed in April and they are a month behind you as of December 31st, same with the person who filed in June, they were working on May, a month behind. So of course you are going to ring up and say hey when is my case going to be dealt with? It says on the current timelines that you were working on March, a month or so ago! So they manipulate the figures, like Ntherman says and send out a generic letter to stop us ringing up and saying your processing times say blah... perhaps? Keep u from clogging the phone lines..... perhaps?

Instead of actually just sending a letter and saying this is now the expected time and this is because of what is going with blah. They even could say new computers, new staff training I think the frustration I hear from everyone here is that they havent got a clue what is going on, for how long etc! If we all knew, we could perhaps deal with it. At this rate we will be here for two years and hopefully be allowed to just go straight for ROC!

It's our first wedding anniversary today. With this limbo and other problems, this won't be the joyous day it should be...

AOS

3/20/14 Sent by lashed

4/3/14 NOA1 Recipt

6/9/14 NOA EAD approved

ROC

All those dimes then the drinks are on you!! I hear what you are saying and now with this new batch of letters coming out, well I have to say I think you're right! I didn't want to believe it, but its looking more and more like it might be true! :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.