csayers1982

Following the K-1 interview in London, how long will it take to receive my passport/visa

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello All,

Firstly, please let me apologise if this question has been asked before in other posts. I am a first time poster and a long time sufferer of this whole visa process!

I recently had my K1 interview on Friday 30th August 2013 at the US Embassy in London. At the end of the interview the officer advised me that the application had been successful and that I would simply need to pay the DX secure fee for delivery of the passport.

As it stands, if I check the case status on the CEAC portal, it simply says "Administrative Processing". I was not advised that any additional processing would be required. Can anyone please tell me roughly how long it should take for me to receive my passport back. I am getting a little anxious as our wedding plans are for the beginning of October as this allowed for family members from both sides to be present.

I know this is probably a piece of string type question, but any advice / comments would be gratefully received.

Many Thanks,

Chris

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

There has been a lot of discussion about this in here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

AP is normal before the visa is Issued. If your case doesn't need any additional checks, your visa should be issued soon. From then, it could be anything from around 4 - 10 business days before the visa is delivered. If you didn't pay the courier fee prior to your interview, you should get a call from DX when they have your passport to pay for and arrange delivery.

K1 Timeline

02-22-2013: I-129F to VSC

02-28-2013: NOA1

06-10-2013: NOA2 (102 days)

08-16-2013: Interview - Approved!

08-22-2013: Visa in hand

09-14-2013: POE Houston

10-30-2013: Married!

AOS Timeline

12-10-2013: Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

12-16-2013: NOA1 x 3

01-02-2014: Biometrics

02-24-2014: EAD/AP Approved

03-04-2014: Received EAD/AP

03-10-2014: Interview - Approved!

03-18-2014: Received GC

ROC Timeline

12-12-2015: I-751 to CSC

12-17-2015: NOA1

01-14-2016: Biometrics

05-19-2016: Approved!

N-400 Timeline

03-14-2017: N-400 to Texas Lockbox

03-22-2017: NOA1

04-11-2017: Biometrics

04-20-2017: In Line For Interview

07-02-2018: Interview - Approved!

08-22-2018: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Thank you both for your replies.

I will try to remain patient (and optimistic). I think the fact that my interview was on a Friday and that the Embassy was shut on Monday 2nd September are conspiring against me!

We shall see.......

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Thank you both for your replies.

I will try to remain patient (and optimistic). I think the fact that my interview was on a Friday and that the Embassy was shut on Monday 2nd September are conspiring against me!

We shall see.......

Hey - I too had a US public holiday right after I had my interview and it delayed things by about a day. That said, I got my passport back in exactly 8 days so it didn't take too long. Although I was at my total wits end by the time I got it back!

Hang on in there - I love your description "sufferer of this visa process" - I'm with ya on that one!! Never known anything like it I really haven't....!

Good luck!

Timeline

Hey - I too had a US public holiday right after I had my interview and it delayed things by about a day. That said, I got my passport back in exactly 8 days so it didn't take too long. Although I was at my total wits end by the time I got it back!

Hang on in there - I love your description "sufferer of this visa process" - I'm with ya on that one!! Never known anything like it I really haven't....!

Good luck!

Hey, Thank you for your input. It is good to know how you found having the US public holiday after your interview. I had the interview on a Friday and the holiday was on the Monday so I think both days were against me.

I am really hoping that I will hear something definite next week. I am reaching the end of my tether, that is for sure!!

it really has been a painful process. Cannot wait until it is behind me(us)!!

Thanks again :)

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Oh my gosh I feel like I'm going insane.

Can anybody tell me or give me any advice?i feel like I've done all the wrong things.

Ok so we filed for our fiancé visa at the end of january and received the receipt in February.

We were approved in August on the 30th, I received the instructions letter on September 24th, booked my medical on october 7th, results were sent to the embassy october 24th.

We phoned the DOS in September and they told me to fill in the DS260 so I done this.

Paid the visa fee and courier service on october 15th.

I've been emailing the embassy with no response then received the response saying I had filled in the wrong forms and I had to fill in the DS160 instead.

I've posted nothing to the embassy in the post as it says you take the forms to the interview.

My main concern now is that does my time for my interview start all over again now?

So I filled in the DS form 160 on November 8th. So does my interview wait time start from that point now??

I'm so confused, and my fiancé leaves soon as he's currently in England with me, he wanted to come to interview.

Does anyone know what else I can do? I have emailed the embassy asking for a fast interview date because of the wedding plans and I'm trying to be there before Christmas.

Please help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.