joans0421

Approved Visa at US Embassy Abu Dhabi... yehey! but DS-230 part II was returned

16 posts in this topic

Hi VJ's

I just had my interview this morning and everything went well and VISA is APPROVED!!!!... Thanks God! :)

I'm just confused why the DS-230 part II was returned to me... they said they don't need it... I even asked the CO who interviewed me if they really don't need it... he also returned it to me..... Is this the same with you(to others out there who had interview in Abu Dhabi)? I'm just worried it might cause delay later when they realized that the second part is missing...

Thanks! hope to hear from you...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I do not know about that consulate in particular, but part 2 is usually not filled out by a K-1 applicant, just part 1.

~ Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress Reports ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

I do not know about that consulate in particular, but part 2 is usually not filled out by a K-1 applicant, just part 1.

~ Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress Reports ~

A ok... thanks! :)

Part II is for an immigrant visa (IR1/CR1) application. Technically a K visa is a non-immigrant visa. Congrats on your approval.

I see... thanks for the info! I'm at peace now :)

Thanks again! :)

They didn't take my DS230 too when i had my interview and had no problems.... Chill! smile.png

thanks Freelibrary! now I can chill ;)

I'm really glad I found this website...Thanks Visa Journey!!!

you should be fine, we fill out part 2 as we didnt know we dont need too they never return it back to us so even if you fill it out or not it wont be a problem

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

dancin5hr.gifwow.gif Congrats good.gif

soon you will be with your loved....Wish you both all the best smile.png excited dancin5hr.gif

Please share with us how was it.... thanks dancin5hr.gif

hope soon we will hear from NVC too good.gif

Edited by noboundaries

I-129F Sent: 2013-06-20
I-129F NOA1: 2013-06-26
I-129F RFE(s): none
I-129F NOA2: 2013-08-16
NVC Received: 2013-09-16
NVC Left: 2013-09-19

Embassy Received: 2013-09-22

Interview: 2013-12-09

POE: 2014-24-01

Married: 2014-30-03

you should be fine, we fill out part 2 as we didnt know we dont need too they never return it back to us so even if you fill it out or not it wont be a problem

thanks thanks!!! :)

dancin5hr.gifwow.gif Congrats good.gif

soon you will be with your loved....Wish you both all the best smile.png excited dancin5hr.gif

Please share with us how was it.... thanks dancin5hr.gif

hope soon we will hear from NVC too good.gif

hi no boundaries!

thanks!

about my interview experience.... here it is:

6:30 - arrived at the Embassy, there are 11 people who came before me

7:45 - they let us in... went through a scanner, mobile phone should be turned off... left our bags in the counter & a number was given

8:00 - they started calling our numbers (I was no. 006). I was called for requirements checking 10-15mins after... the lady at the counter took all the original copies (photo copy was not asked, just bring it to make sure) only the DS-230 part II was returned to me... the rest were taken. after collecting the docs, she asked me to pay at the first counter(you can pay dollars or Dirhams). After the payment, I was asked for finger printing then I was asked to sit down & wait for my turn for interview...

9:30 - my number was called for interview... asked the following questions:

- how long have you been living in Dubai?

- Where did you meet ur fiance?

- When did u start communicating? When did you first meet? When did you last meet?

- Have u ever been to the US? when? where in US? after meeting his parents, what did they say about you?

- What does your fiance do?

- then he asked for our photo... then that's it... VISA APPROVED! smile.png

all the questions can be answered as long as we tell the truth, there would be no problem wink.png

all the best! good luck & God bless you too!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

Congrats on your approval joans0421....

Can i ask for some help?! Since my interview will be conducted here in doha qatar, i thought it would be the same procedure since we're both in the middle east.. Can i ask after your case number had been ready for interview, how did you got your appointment letter from the NVC as it says there that we have to prepare required docs as instructed to that appointment letter. And what are the next step you guys do after that? On our case it was ready last aug. 25,2013 but until now i have not received any response yet from the embassy or email regarding that appointment letter. Hope you could help me out since im really confused and stress now with all the processing...thanks in advance! ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

first off congrats!!!!! we are in the process of all the stuff after getting approved and got our NOA2......soooo what exactly is my fiance to send to the embassy first??!!! DS 230 part1, DS 156, DS 156K, DS 157 and DS 2001????? so he sends all 5 of those? and then do we receive somethin from them saying he can schedule a medical????? thanks for ur help and ONE LOVE :)

Congrats on your approval joans0421....

Can i ask for some help?! Since my interview will be conducted here in doha qatar, i thought it would be the same procedure since we're both in the middle east.. Can i ask after your case number had been ready for interview, how did you got your appointment letter from the NVC as it says there that we have to prepare required docs as instructed to that appointment letter. And what are the next step you guys do after that? On our case it was ready last aug. 25,2013 but until now i have not received any response yet from the embassy or email regarding that appointment letter. Hope you could help me out since im really confused and stress now with all the processing...thanks in advance! wink.png

Here you can read Qatar/doha embassy interview reviews http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Qatar&cty=&dfilter=5&topic=K1+Visa

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Qatar

and you can email embassy requesting them to send you packet 3

or you can visit this website doha usembassy http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=fcf75b836ea73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=3d7fa6c515083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

first off congrats!!!!! we are in the process of all the stuff after getting approved and got our NOA2......soooo what exactly is my fiance to send to the embassy first??!!! DS 230 part1, DS 156, DS 156K, DS 157 and DS 2001????? so he sends all 5 of those? and then do we receive somethin from them saying he can schedule a medical????? thanks for ur help and ONE LOVE smile.png

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/164203/cons-visa/iv018a_medical.pdf

http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_1342.html

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/K1instructionTag%20rtf3%20_2__rtf2_014.pdf

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.