zooxahoy

I 129F Instructions! has anybody else been as stupid?:(

51 posts in this topic

My fiance did the same thing, now he got a intent to deny too.

We have three months with our case.

If somebody has news about this topic .please type here.

But anyway we are lucky with one oportunity to send the miss paper.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Even some of the stuff on VJ is outdated, in fact a lot of it is. What I did is print out the 129f instruction form the uscis.gov website and hi-lighted everything I needed. As I "built" my petition I checked off each thing on the list, at the same time, I was lucky to stumble across VJ, and then checked with some of there recommendations as well as the RFE thread, which is an awesome source of information and I quickly found what a common cause was for errors.

But hindsight is 20/20, look at the good, you have a chance to fix it! Look through all the correct paperwork, read the RFEs and make sure everything is correct so that there are no more errors, and remember, the VJ community is here to help and answer your questions!

Goodluck

~Our K-1 Journey~

7/6/2013 Engaged

9/16/2013 I-129F Mailed

9/23/2013 NOA 1 Received

10/17/2013 NOA 2 Email!!

That's 24 days from NOA1 to NOA2!!!

Even some of the stuff on VJ is outdated, in fact a lot of it is. What I did is print out the 129f instruction form the uscis.gov website and hi-lighted everything I needed. As I "built" my petition I checked off each thing on the list, at the same time, I was lucky to stumble across VJ, and then checked with some of there recommendations as well as the RFE thread, which is an awesome source of information and I quickly found what a common cause was for errors.

But hindsight is 20/20, look at the good, you have a chance to fix it! Look through all the correct paperwork, read the RFEs and make sure everything is correct so that there are no more errors, and remember, the VJ community is here to help and answer your questions!

Goodluck

Thanks for coment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Goodluck

What do you find to be outdated concerning the filing of the I-129F petition? And what are the other 'lot of it' that you find outdated here on VJ? I know that just last week the form requirements for the K-1 visa interview changed, so the guides have most likely not been updated to reflect that news as of yet. I was wondering what else you have found to be outdated. The admin is pretty good about updating and fixing anything that needs to be.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

What do you find to be outdated concerning the filing of the I-129F petition? And what are the other 'lot of it' that you find outdated here on VJ? I know that just last week the form requirements for the K-1 visa interview changed, so the guides have most likely not been updated to reflect that news as of yet. I was wondering what else you have found to be outdated. The admin is pretty good about updating and fixing anything that needs to be.

I shouldn't have used "a lot" I suppose, but I was referring to the example I-129F, which is an older form, the current form has an entirely different layout. And on number 4 of the the k1 guide states to write and attach additional information to question 34 for the form, which is the wrong question. So I guess when I thought about the guide and how the example is almost 8 years out of date, it gave me the impression that everything is probably out of date which isn't true, but it did give me an excuses to approach the entire guide with caution.

Didn't mean to offend anyone Jay-Kay, I am very appreciative of the site and guide and both including yourself have helped me out with this whole process.

~Our K-1 Journey~

7/6/2013 Engaged

9/16/2013 I-129F Mailed

9/23/2013 NOA 1 Received

10/17/2013 NOA 2 Email!!

That's 24 days from NOA1 to NOA2!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I shouldn't have used "a lot" I suppose, but I was referring to the example I-129F, which is an older form, the current form has an entirely different layout. And on number 4 of the the k1 guide states to write and attach additional information to question 34 for the form, which is the wrong question. So I guess when I thought about the guide and how the example is almost 8 years out of date, it gave me the impression that everything is probably out of date which isn't true, but it did give me an excuses to approach the entire guide with caution.

Didn't mean to offend anyone Jay-Kay, I am very appreciative of the site and guide and both including yourself have helped me out with this whole process.

The K-1 guide was updated a couple weeks ago to change that part to read question 34a instead of #18, which corresponded with the old form still. Several forms were updated to the new versions over a month ago. The I-129F example form here is an example of the current form that is being used by the USCIS.

I was not offended and I doubt anyone else would be. I was just honestly curious what you found to be outdated. If you ever come across something in the guides or example forms that is not correct or up to date, you can post about it in the Site-Related Discussion forum here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/14-site-related-discussion-updates-ideas-etc/

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

ive been waiting 7 months for the NOA2, when finally today i received something in the mail from the uscis. it said i was missing a whole list of things! and the form was titled "intent to deny"! i was so scared, at first i thought this must be the RFE ive heard some people mention, but then i saw the intent to deny and i thought they were rejecting my fiances visa! i called the 800 number, i was too hysterical to process anything i read on the form they sent me. she said there was a list of instructions for the i129f form! when i found the instructions it contained everything in the letter the uscis sent me telling me i was missing!! i feel so stupid, so so stupid, when i found the i129f form, i didnt see any list of instructions with it, and didnt send anything else! i am so angry that there wasnt anything mentioned on the form itself, or that they did not notify me of this earlier! im so angry with myself for missing this, and i feel so terribly stupid, words cant describe. you can imagine, the agony of waiting, and then something like this. has anybody else ever made this mistake?? the woman on the phone said that it would take a maximum of 60 days to process once they received my missing information. is this accurate? i feel so awful. i feel so bad for my fiance, he has been waiting so long. i dont think hell be here in time for christmas anymore.

My fiance got a noid too.

He sent the evidence and all the papers on october 10 and today i see on uscis page that thay got papers yestarday, i hope the same for you , and that everything be right

My fiance got a noid too.

He sent the evidence and all the papers on october 10 and today i see on uscis page that thay got papers yestarday, i hope the same for you , and that everything be right

God is powerful

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

thank you everyone for all the support!

@ilovemyman, everything was fine once i sent in the missing items. it took them about 6 days to process everything, and then the i129f was approved! i hope everytihing is going well for you and yours. it was just so scary receiving that intent to deny, i thought my whole world just collapsed!!

event.png
event.png
event.png

event.png

thank you everyone for all the support!

@ilovemyman, everything was fine once i sent in the missing items. it took them about 6 days to process everything, and then the i129f was approved! i hope everytihing is going well for you and yours. it was just so scary receiving that intent to deny, i thought my whole world just collapsed!!

I understand you, did your fiance have the interview?

Where is your fiance from?

Do you have to be with your fiance at the interview?

I am from dominican republic and many people here have made many fraud to go usa so now here is mandatory that for the interview both fiance have to be present for the interview.

Only with a strong reson we can go alone to the interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi everyone!

We are about to send our I-129F, maybe for someone it will be useful to know what kind of docs we will send as supportive to I-129F and G-325A (one mine and one of my fiance).

So our docs are:

1. His passport copy and birth certificate, military ID (as a proof he is american citizen)

2. His divorce decree.

Basically he said he will send them all the IDs and other docs copies he has, for them not to have any doubts he is american content.gif

Proofs of relationship:

1. Boarding passes from his journey to me.

2. Photos where we together. (each photo dated and named place where it was taken)

3. Skype chats (i made in word and print screen where are shown dialogues and calls duration. Total 11 print screens and around 6 pages in word doc.).

4. Copy of package i was sending him to the US (hopefully he has itdry.png )

5. Copy of train tickets (though they are not in english he just marks dates and explains what is that)

6. He shall send receipt from engagement ring.

Hope it will be enough, if someone has other ideas of what to add i will appreciate star_smile.gif and hope my tips help someone!

K-1 timeline:

11-07-2013 - I-129F form sent ---> 11-15-2013 - NOA1 - e-mail received, transferred to California Service Center.

11-20-2013 - Alien registration number changed.

11-22-2013 - NOA1 hardcopy (I-797C)

12-13-2013 - NOA2 approval notification ---> 12-20-2013 - NOA2 hardcopy

01-08-2014 - NVC recieved ---->01-09-2014 - NVC left

01-13-2014 - Consulate recieved ----> 01-14-2014 - E-mail from the Consulate

01-16-2014 - NVC letter hardcopy ----> 01-23-2014- Medical done

02-18-2014- Interview (Approved) ----> 02-20-2014- Visa issued ----> 02-24-2014- Visa in hand

03-02-2014- US entry --->03-20-2014 - Social Security Number recieved --->04-24-2014 - Wedding

AOS timeline:

05-13-2014 - AOS package sent ---> 05-21-2014- NOA1 - e-mail received

05-24-2014 - NOA1 hardcopy (I-797C)

06-03-2014 - Biometrics appointment letter (for June 13)

06-12-2014 - USCIS web status for RFE

06-13-2014 - Biometrics done

06-16-2014 - RFE hardcopy in mail ---> 06-18-2014 - RFE answer sent by mail ---> 06-20-2014 - RFE delivered

08-05-2014 - EAD/ AP - APPROVED!!!! ---> 08-13-2014 - EAD/AP card delivered

09-05-2014 - InfoPass due to RFE and SSN (RFE delievered June 23 to NBC).

10-17-2014 - SSN recieved on married name ---> 12-12-2014 - update on USCIS web (RFE received on June 23), the case could not be tracked

02-17-2015 - GC approved (no interview) ---> 02-26-2015 - GC RECEIVED

08-13-2016 - address change via web --->09-13-2016 - Address change via mail (web failed to change correctly) --->10-06-2016 - Address change of sponsor

ROC:

11-21-2016 - package sent to CSC ---> 11-22-2016 - package delivered to CSC ---> 11-25-2016 - check cashed--->11-28-2016- NOA1 (dated 11/22/16) --->12-20-2016 -Biometrics appointment

07-18-2017-address change-> 05-10-2018 - GC Approved

N-400:

02-15-18 - Applied -> 03-09-18 - Bio app-> 04-04-18-interview notice-> 05-09-18-interview->05-10-18 - approved -> 06-07-18 - Oath appt notice -> 06-27-18 - Oath ceremony

Hi everyone!

We are about to send our I-129F, maybe for someone it will be useful to know what kind of docs we will send as supportive to I-129F and G-325A (one mine and one of my fiance).

So our docs are:

1. His passport copy and birth certificate, military ID (as a proof he is american citizen)

2. His divorce decree.

Basically he said he will send them all the IDs and other docs copies he has, for them not to have any doubts he is american content.gif

Proofs of relationship:

1. Boarding passes from his journey to me.

2. Photos where we together. (each photo dated and named place where it was taken)

3. Skype chats (i made in word and print screen where are shown dialogues and calls duration. Total 11 print screens and around 6 pages in word doc.).

4. Copy of package i was sending him to the US (hopefully he has itdry.png )

5. Copy of train tickets (though they are not in english he just marks dates and explains what is that)

6. He shall send receipt from engagement ring.

Hope it will be enough, if someone has other ideas of what to add i will appreciate star_smile.gif and hope my tips help someone!

I think you are complete.

My fiance only sent the check and the form , and we ware lucky that they didnt deny. They asked him for the missing papers and forms. You havevevery thing, good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I think you are complete.

My fiance only sent the check and the form , and we ware lucky that they didnt deny. They asked him for the missing papers and forms. You havevevery thing, good luck

Hope it is so!!!! Fingers crossed cos tomorrow my fiance starts to gether all in one package and hopefully we send it next week!! If someone has any other ideas of what we can add, please let me know! thank you!

K-1 timeline:

11-07-2013 - I-129F form sent ---> 11-15-2013 - NOA1 - e-mail received, transferred to California Service Center.

11-20-2013 - Alien registration number changed.

11-22-2013 - NOA1 hardcopy (I-797C)

12-13-2013 - NOA2 approval notification ---> 12-20-2013 - NOA2 hardcopy

01-08-2014 - NVC recieved ---->01-09-2014 - NVC left

01-13-2014 - Consulate recieved ----> 01-14-2014 - E-mail from the Consulate

01-16-2014 - NVC letter hardcopy ----> 01-23-2014- Medical done

02-18-2014- Interview (Approved) ----> 02-20-2014- Visa issued ----> 02-24-2014- Visa in hand

03-02-2014- US entry --->03-20-2014 - Social Security Number recieved --->04-24-2014 - Wedding

AOS timeline:

05-13-2014 - AOS package sent ---> 05-21-2014- NOA1 - e-mail received

05-24-2014 - NOA1 hardcopy (I-797C)

06-03-2014 - Biometrics appointment letter (for June 13)

06-12-2014 - USCIS web status for RFE

06-13-2014 - Biometrics done

06-16-2014 - RFE hardcopy in mail ---> 06-18-2014 - RFE answer sent by mail ---> 06-20-2014 - RFE delivered

08-05-2014 - EAD/ AP - APPROVED!!!! ---> 08-13-2014 - EAD/AP card delivered

09-05-2014 - InfoPass due to RFE and SSN (RFE delievered June 23 to NBC).

10-17-2014 - SSN recieved on married name ---> 12-12-2014 - update on USCIS web (RFE received on June 23), the case could not be tracked

02-17-2015 - GC approved (no interview) ---> 02-26-2015 - GC RECEIVED

08-13-2016 - address change via web --->09-13-2016 - Address change via mail (web failed to change correctly) --->10-06-2016 - Address change of sponsor

ROC:

11-21-2016 - package sent to CSC ---> 11-22-2016 - package delivered to CSC ---> 11-25-2016 - check cashed--->11-28-2016- NOA1 (dated 11/22/16) --->12-20-2016 -Biometrics appointment

07-18-2017-address change-> 05-10-2018 - GC Approved

N-400:

02-15-18 - Applied -> 03-09-18 - Bio app-> 04-04-18-interview notice-> 05-09-18-interview->05-10-18 - approved -> 06-07-18 - Oath appt notice -> 06-27-18 - Oath ceremony

I dont think she is lucky, it would have been best if it was rejected at the begining and not even receive the NOA1, If it was rejected at first by now she would have recived her NOA2 instead of having to wait another 60 days for processing, which its 9 months waiting to be approved. I don't know why they did not realize that before sending her NOA1 somebody did not do their job right, they should have sent her this intent to deny letter long time ago not after 7 months of waitng. Just try and make sure you send in everything required and tripple check everything because the last thing you want is an RFE which can prolong the whole process again.

I think it is better that they got the "intent to deny" instead because if it was rejected, they will need to refile and pay the $340 filing fee (again). Since it was already adjudicated, 60 days isn't bad compared to waiting 5 months* again to be adjudicated on a new petition. Adjudicators grab a stack of petitions and work on them one at a time, of course he/she won't notice if 1 petition in the pile is incomplete. I understand that there should be a better (quicker) process to notifying a petitioner if their files are incomplete, but its not their fault it was. That's why its our job to make sure everything is in order before sending it in.

Anyway, OP is lucky, and I hope you overcome this hurdle quick. You are not stupid, it's just a mistake that can be corrected. Important thing is that you learned from it. You can also include passport stamps and receipts of purchases made while you were together. Other than that, seems like docs you need to send are in order.

Best wishes & keep us updated! smile.png

Edited by iammrsregi

• 1 month later...

i dont consider myself lucky. i consider myself stupid. i feel like a great puddle of shame.

zooxahoy, if it makes you feel better i did the EXACT same thing and got the EXACT same response and also felt VERY stupid and ashamed of myself.

i also almost crapped my pants when I got the "Intent to Deny" letter and I'm currently scrambling to put together the evidence packet. I also don't remember exactly what happened that I didn't realize the evidence went with the I-129F, but looking back on the official government instruction sheet now, I can see how it's an easy mistake to make, and I wasn't aware of VJ yet...

how'd it all turn out? any tips for someone in the same place you were at 2 months ago?

Thanks and good luck!

Emma

Edited by emmaandcarlos

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.