zooxahoy

I 129F Instructions! has anybody else been as stupid?:(

51 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

I dont think she is lucky, it would have been best if it was rejected at the begining and not even receive the NOA1, If it was rejected at first by now she would have recived her NOA2 instead of having to wait another 60 days for processing, which its 9 months waiting to be approved. I don't know why they did not realize that before sending her NOA1 somebody did not do their job right, they should have sent her this intent to deny letter long time ago not after 7 months of waitng. Just try and make sure you send in everything required and tripple check everything because the last thing you want is an RFE which can prolong the whole process again.

I just meant lucky that she didn't get a flat out denial.. either way, it wont take the 60 days.. that is a scripted answer.. her file is already being adjudicated

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married
1/3/2013 I-129F cancelled
1/29/2013 withdrawal notice received
2/5/2013 I-130 NOA1 with error on wife's name
Case status not available
2/5/2013 Unable to generate service request

3/13/2013 transferred to local office
3/26/2013 Service request generated
4/12/2013 Infopass, file in workflow March 28
4/19/2013 Case status available - APPROVED!

Detour to the NVC via NRC

For information on my detour and the steps I took to free my petition, check
"about me"

NVC

6/7/2013 NVC logs file as received

6/11/2013 Case number and IIN assigned

6/12/2013 DS-3032 emailed

6/13/21013 AOS paid

6/14/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention superuser (stupid me)

6/23/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention supervisor

6/24/2013 DS-3032 accepted

6/25/2013 IV bill generated and paid

07/06/2013 IV & AOS sent; 07/11/2013 NVC logs received

07/30/2013 IV Accepted; AOS Checklist

08/01/2013 AOS Checklist received

08/02/2013 AOS resent; 08/07/2013 NVC logs received

08/28/2013 Case Complete

09/10/2013 Interview date assigned

Embassy

08/14/2013 Medical; 08/19/2013 Medical Ready

08/07/2013 Police cert ordered (Fiji delivers straight to the embassy)

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

xx/xx/2013 POE Los Angeles International Airport

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mistakes are meant to be made so that we learn from them. Don't be so hard on yourself. They should have notified you long ago and should not have given you a NOA1. This goes to show that they half ### things on there behalf, it's unbelievable that they took 7 months to catch this. Get the additional documents in ASAP! Don't waste any time. I suggest that you research whats needed for the second phase after approval so you'll have things ready to go. Feel free to ask for help here on VJ. It's a great website that has many people who have great knowledge in filing for a loved one. It's very helpful. Take advantage of the site as we all do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

We were processed at VSC, got an RFE after waiting for 6 months. Worst part, it was my mistake because I forgot to sign the intention letter. However, we got our approval after 14 days of sending the required evidence. Calm down, this is a hard process, a learning process. Do what the RFE says and you'll be fine because you didn't get a flat denial :)

09/25/2012: Sent I-129F
10/02/2012: NOA1
12/11/2012: Touched - alien registration number changed
04/01/2013: Touched - not sure what happened here, only the date changed
04/05/2013: Touched - petitioner's address was changed

05/26/2013: RFE - letter of intent was not signed by beneficiary

05/14/2013: I-129F Approved

06/03/2013: Case forwarded to Consulate

08/27/2013: Interview - Approved!

09/05/2013: Visa in hands

11/01/2013: Moved to the US (POE Miami)

12/03/2013: We got married!! heart.gif

01/06/2014: AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox

01/17/2014: NOA1

02/13/2014: Biometrics appointment

03/13/2014: EAD and AP approved

04/22/2014: Case touched, change of address

04/30/2014: Notice of potential interview waiver case received

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZTZum5.png

We almost did the same thing. It was before we discovered VJ, and I thought most of the paperwork would be handled by the beneficiary at that time, and the beneficiary in question thought the process started out with just that one form (the I129F). When he realized I needed to complete it, he turned it over to me, and that's when I saw the instructions. They really confused me, so I did some Googling, and that's how I found VJ. It took me about a month or so to gather up everything needed (but that was mostly because I kept second-guessing myself and it was a couple weeks before I was satisfied enough to turn it in).

Most of the waiting time is the package just sitting in a box waiting to be touched. You're past that, at the front of the line now, essentially, so just get all your stuff in, and it probably won't be too long!

Met in person for the first time: April 23, 2011 in Docklands, London, UK
Engaged: October 29th, 2012 at the John Hancock Building in Chicago, US

Filed K-1 visa application: April 4, 2013
Received text/email notification: April 12, 2013
Received NOA1 in mail: April 17, 2013
Received NOA2 text/email: August 6th, 2013 (at 9:45pm!)

NVC received packet: August 30th, 2013

Beneficiary rcvd "Packet 3" instructions: September 13, 2013

Embassy rcvd completed "Packet 3": September 24, 2013

Police certificate rcvd: September 27, 2013

Medical Appointment: October 2, 2013

Medical Received at Embassy: October 17, 2013 (delay due to request for further info)

Embassy appointment/Visa Approved!!!: November 21st, 2013

VISA RECEIVED!!!: November 28th, 2013

Beneficiary Arrived!!!: December 5th, 2013

Married December 22nd, 2013

Filing to POE: 8 months, 1 day

Filed AoS application: April 5th, 2014

Received NOA1 in mail: April 11th, 2014 (no text/email)

Received NOA2 in mail: September 2nd, 2014 (still no text/email)

Separated: September 2015

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

ive been waiting 7 months for the NOA2, when finally today i received something in the mail from the uscis. it said i was missing a whole list of things! and the form was titled "intent to deny"! i was so scared, at first i thought this must be the RFE ive heard some people mention, but then i saw the intent to deny and i thought they were rejecting my fiances visa! i called the 800 number, i was too hysterical to process anything i read on the form they sent me. she said there was a list of instructions for the i129f form! when i found the instructions it contained everything in the letter the uscis sent me telling me i was missing!! i feel so stupid, so so stupid, when i found the i129f form, i didnt see any list of instructions with it, and didnt send anything else! i am so angry that there wasnt anything mentioned on the form itself, or that they did not notify me of this earlier! im so angry with myself for missing this, and i feel so terribly stupid, words cant describe. you can imagine, the agony of waiting, and then something like this. has anybody else ever made this mistake?? the woman on the phone said that it would take a maximum of 60 days to process once they received my missing information. is this accurate? i feel so awful. i feel so bad for my fiance, he has been waiting so long. i dont think hell be here in time for christmas anymore.

Don't be scared. Just get to the list they provided as quickly and completely as you can. Write a cover letter explaining and then send it to them. Don't beat yourself too much. Sh*t happens so just keep it going! luv.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

youve all been so wonderful, i feel so much calmer now, its almost a relief having this notice, even though it isnt good, the neverending wait was so awful... and i havent left the VJ site since i got the notice!! im reading EVERYTHING. about 20 times each.

thanks again guys!

event.png
event.png
event.png

event.png

i dont consider myself lucky. i consider myself stupid. i feel like a great puddle of shame.

You are being too hard on yourself. You made a mistake but as others have said it looks like you have a chance to move forward. I might have done the same if a good friend did not suggest this site to me. This is what we submitted last October and we are now married and just filed for our AOS. I hope it helps you get the documents you need. Good luck!

Payment in the amount of $340.00

A—Form G-1145

B—I-129F Cover Letter

C—Form I-129F

D—G-325A (Petitioner)

E—Petitioner’s Birth Certificate (Front and Back)

F—Passport style photo (Petitioner)

G—G-325A (Beneficiary)

H—Passport style photo (Beneficiary)

I—I-129F Supplement: Part B, Question 18, explanation of meeting in person

J—Record of over 7,000 emails with sample correspondences

K—Passport copies showing entrance to Philippines and Oct. 2012 Boarding

Pass to Manila from Honolulu

L—Photos of my fiancée and I together in the Philippines in June, 2012

M—Evidence of in-person meeting with my fiancée in June 2012 including:

Boarding Passes, Airline Itineraries, Car Service, Hotel Receipts, Miscellaneous Receipts.

N—Photos of my fiancée and I together in the Philippines in June, 2012

O—Evidence of in-person meeting with my fiancée in June 2012 including:

Boarding Passes, Airline Itineraries, Car Service, Hotel Receipts, Miscellaneous Receipts.

P—Proposal plans with the hotel, Ring Receipt, Photos of the ring and my fiancée’s acceptance

Q—My letter to my fiancée’s parents asking them for permission to marry their daughter

R—My fiancée’s parents’ response to me in Tagalog and translated into English by my fiancée

S—Letters of Intent to Marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

For "intent to deny" I think you have a very short period for sending in a reply - like 30 days.

Go to VJ's list of documents to send - http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Gather missing documents asap, double/triple check and send with USPS with confirmation of delivery.

You still have a chance for approval, but you need to act fast. It's certainly the time to gather yourself together and not beat yourself up. It won't do you or your fiance any good.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You also have the opportunity to front-load evidence!! That's a great thing!!!

01/28/2013 I-130 package sent

01/31/2013 Notice of Action Date After POE
02/01/2013 Received e-mail and text notification of acceptance
11/26/2013 Applied for SS#
02/04/2013 Received hard copy NOA1 (case not found in on-line system) 12/02/2013 ELIS site still states "accepted"
03/12/2013 Transferred to the local office 12/27/2013 received green card
04/10/2013 Case still not found in on-line system
04/15/2013 INFO-PASS appointment

05/01/2013 NOA2 sent petition approved

NVC Stage...of course it has to be complicatedreading.gifrolleyes.gif

05/09/2013 Case received by NVC

05/23/2013 Received case #'s from NVC

05/23/2013 DS-3032 sent from husband's e-mail

06/03/2013 First day I can not access payment portal

06/04/2013 AOS Fee invoiced and payment made

06/04/2013 DS-3032 resent with Supervisor Review

06/05/2013 DS-3032 acceptance e-mail

06/05/2013 AOS Fee shows "PAID"

06/06/2013 AOS package express mailed

06/07/2013 IV bill invoiced and payment made (still waiting on documents from Hubby)

06/08/2013 IV package express mailed

06/25/2013 IV reviewed - Checklist (2 errors, Birth document & date on DS-230)

06/26/2013 Requested supervisor review by e-mail & verbal request for birth document (fingers crossed)

06/27/2013 AOS accepted

06/28/2013 Checklist response sent for corrected DS-230 (I had my husband sign extra's just in-case)

08/02/2013 NVC requested a supervisor review on the checklist item over 20 business day window

08/05/2013 Case Complete!!! kicking.gif

08/27/2013 Interview Assigned

10/30/2013 Interview

11/04/2013 Pick up Passport

11/12/2013 POE @ JFK

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I dont think she is lucky, it would have been best if it was rejected at the begining and not even receive the NOA1, If it was rejected at first by now she would have recived her NOA2 instead of having to wait another 60 days for processing, which its 9 months waiting to be approved. I don't know why they did not realize that before sending her NOA1 somebody did not do their job right, they should have sent her this intent to deny letter long time ago not after 7 months of waitng. Just try and make sure you send in everything required and tripple check everything because the last thing you want is an RFE which can prolong the whole process again.

For the I-129F, and most documents, the drones that check the mail simply check the form is there and properly completed/signed, they check for the money, then they send out the NOA1. They DO NOT check whether the evidence is there, that's the officers job.

In MOST cases like the OP's they waited 6 months and got a flat-out denial, not an RFE or a NOID. So the OP is EXTREMELY lucky to have got an NOID instead of a denial. Yes it would have been awesome to get the NOID earlier, but at least they're still in the queue and not right back at the start and reapplying!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Mistakes are meant to be made so that we learn from them. Don't be so hard on yourself. They should have notified you long ago and should not have given you a NOA1. This goes to show that they half #### things on there behalf, it's unbelievable that they took 7 months to catch this. Get the additional documents in ASAP! Don't waste any time. I suggest that you research whats needed for the second phase after approval so you'll have things ready to go. Feel free to ask for help here on VJ. It's a great website that has many people who have great knowledge in filing for a loved one. It's very helpful. Take advantage of the site as we all do.

The intake facility does not adjudicate the file. They see that the form is there and the check in the right amount is there and they cash the check and send the file off to the appropriate service center. It is not their job to ensure that you have sent in all the required documentation with your petition. Once it gets to the service center it sits and waits until an adjudicator picks it up to process it. It is at that time that it will be either denied, approved or an RFE sent out for missing information. If it takes months until an adjudicator looks at it, then that is what it takes. Many people get RFEs after months of waiting. That is why. If an RFE was not needed, then that would have been their approval notice instead.

The OP is indeed quite lucky to not have received a denial. The adjudicator could have simply denied them outright, and would have been justified in doing so. You can search here on VJ and see that others were not that lucky, got denied and had to refile and pay the fee again. So, them having to wait a little longer in order to comply and send in all the missing documentation is actually a good thing for them. I personally would rather wait a month or 2 longer than have to refile, pay out another $340 and then wait all those months again until an adjudicator gets around to the file, to once again either deny, approve or send an RFE.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I did the same thing, I had also done much reading on the USCIS website. I was unaware of VisaJourney or other help sites. I sent in the info it asked for on the I-129f form. I never saw any instructions and didn't look for any...........seemed pretty straight forward to me. If they want all this information it should be mentioned on the form. I did call them up after acceptance to ask if I should send in more paperwork and they replied that I should not. According to the USCIS website when the application is received it is checked for completeness and accuracy. ???? My fiance had to send some passport photos and other signed papers, another mistake we made was using the SLOW standard mail. So you are not stupid. We just wait longer. God's blessings to you.

dont worry we all make stupid mistakes here and there, let me tell you when i got rfe for only sending in the entry and exit stamp on the passport without the passport id page my fiance gave me a big lecture for no reason and i have to hear his blabbing about it but a week later after replying we got approve. So dont make urself feel bad.. GOod luck hun..

Oops,

We did not include passport's ID page either. I hope my fiance and I don't get an RFE for that. shocked.gif

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We have same situation. We have been waiting 7 months and my fiance (the petitioner) got a letter which is the letter of intent to deny. By the way when did u get ur letter? Ours was August 28. We are gathering all the documents we need and send it by next week. I hope everything will be good soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.