linakajt

September 2013 I-130 Filers

4,184 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Zenor, just curious does your online case status show that it was transfered or you came to know that only once you called USCIS? I have a PD of 09/20 and my online case status still shows the initial reciept date of Sep 20th. Looking at everyone getting transfered is making me anxious about what is going on with my case!

Cheers

Hi cbordu_111,

My status was changed online and plus I got SMS and emails with the info. I have been waiting for more than a week to get the letter in mail and did not receive it till now. Thought to give them a call and ask them. I called yesterday evening around 6 pm EST and talked with Tier 1 people. They said I need to talk with Tier 2 people who can give more info. They asked me if I would want to be called back and I agreed and got the info. Hope all the people who has not been transferred yet gets transferred and approvals soon.

God Bless.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Hello everyone, many are getting wonderful news and that gives hope for the rest of us. Can I be added to the spreadsheet pls

PD 09-09-13

Transferred 02-25-14

Almost sure NSC

ARN 03-03-14 even though I read was just a system mistake but who knows for sure ......

Good luck to all of September filers !!! our turn is soon to come ;) (fingers crossed)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

I haven't been transferred either. My PD is 9/30. My thought is Monday.

I really hope we hear something on Monday! Good to see a fellow New Yorker, did you get an interview date?

Cheers

I really hope we hear something on Monday! Good to see a fellow New Yorker, did you get an interview date?

Cheers

I haven't received anything except the receipt from mailing the I-130.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

I haven't received anything except the receipt from mailing the I-130.

I meant interview for I-485. With I-130 I haven't recieved anything except the reciept from mailing the I-130.

Cheers

I meant interview for I-485. With I-130 I haven't recieved anything except the reciept from mailing the I-130.

Cheers

We are not doing AOS. My husband is living abroad and I am a US Citizen living in NY. We did not file an I-485.

No...we got transferred to NSC.

Someone posted a letter they wrote to their senator a little while ago, would that person be able to post it again so I can copy it and send it to mine?

Thank you!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : National Benefits Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

Marriage (if applicable): 2013-08-25

I-130 Sent : 2013-09-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-09-27

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys, I am very much impressed by the rate of CA approvals. On March 06 at 8:00 PM changed to ARN notice then it is approved at 10:15 PM. I can't explain enough how happy I am. Thank you all for sharing me everything here. It helps me to stay strong. Good luck for all and the VJ will end soon.

Edited by Ethi2014

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So we hav got a total of four emails n messages since our transfer.3 notifying abt transfer n one today saying our alien registration number has changed!! What is this deal now ?? Any one has any idea.N still no info where we hav been transferred.

Transferred to csc ! Pd 9/16 ... trans 3/3

Married: July 2, 2012

USCIS:
I-130 sent: September 1, 2013
NOA1: September 16, 2013
Transferred to CSC: March 4, 2014
NOA2: March 11, 2014

NVC:
NVC received case: March 19, 2014
NVC case number assigned: April 18, 2014
Ds-261 available and submitted online: April 26, 2014
AOS fee invoiced & paid: April 26, 2014
IV fee invoiced & paid: April 26, 2014

Ds-260 completed: June 9, 2014

Sent AOS & IV packets: June 19, 2014

AOS & IV scanned: June 23, 2014

NVC EXPEDITE:

Sent expedite request email: July 10, 2014

Expedite Approved: July 21, 2014

Kabul embassy received case: July 23, 2014 (not the actual documents, just electronically transferred)

Interview email: July 27, 2014

EMBASSY

Medical: August 7, 2014

Interview: August 10, 2014

Visa Issued: August 12, 2014

Visa Picked up: August 17, 2014

USA

Port of Entry: ????

Filed: Timeline

cALi-FORn-IA baby!!! Received my notice(s) today in the mail :) I130 and I129F. Would you kindly update the sheet. Feeling so giddy right now!

P.S. congrats to all the recent approvals and transfers!!!

*** it shall be done in Gods time, not mans time ***

A thousand years to you are like one day; they are like yesterday, already gone, like a short hour in the night. Psalms 90:4

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

No...we got transferred to NSC.

Someone posted a letter they wrote to their senator a little while ago, would that person be able to post it again so I can copy it and send it to mine?

Thank you!

The letter i sent to my senator is below.. Good if you can sent a similar letter.

Senator X,

I am a US citizen applying for permanent residency for my spouse who is residing in XXX. I need your help in following up with USCIS in adjudicating our I-130 visa petition (US Citizen Immediate Relative) without further delays. I filed my I-130 petition on September XX, 2013 and it has been more than 5 months waiting for this petition to be adjudicated. Please note that even after USCIS approval, we need to wait another 4 months for the state department’s processing.

To give you some background, USICS has a stated goal of adjudicating I-130 petitions within 5 months. However, they are severely backlogged and I am afraid USCIS is not trying hard enough or don’t have the resources to meet their own goal.

Today, I learned that our case was transferred to Nebraska Service Center. Unfortunately, this service center is known for its huge backlog. Specifically, I-130 CR-1 petitions transferred to Nebraska center in December 2013 still haven’t been adjudicated whereas petitions transferred to California service center during the final week of February, 2014 are swiftly being approved.

I am extremely frustrated with USCIS for transferring our petition to a backlogged service center while service centers with minimal backlog were available. Due to this, I am looking at the realistic prospect of another 2 months+ delay for my case to be adjudicated. All in all, at the current slow speed, it will take a year or more for our family to be together. This is not humane and can be avoidable if the government agencies are more proactive and accountable to citizens.

I request you to contact USCIS on my behalf to speed up the process. Please question them about the cause of the backlog in Nebraska service center and steps USCIS management taken to increase efficiency there and timeliness of their corrective actions. It will be tremendously helpful to us and thousands of families in my situation if better efficiency can be achieved. Layman like me has little influence over USCIS bureaucracy. I will be extremely grateful to you for any help in this matter.

For your reference, here is a recent NY Times article published on February 8, 2014 outlining delays in US Citizens’ Immediate Relative visa processing. < http://www.nytimes.c...rs.html?hp&_r=2>

I am afraid if timely action does not take place by people in authority, we will be also left waiting 15 months for approval as mentioned in the article. Please help.

Sincerely yours

NOA1 - Sep 26,2013

NOA2 - March 27,2014

Case not reached NVC.Runaround between USCIS and NVC :ranting: .

Case finally located at USCIS with help from NY senator's office, SCOPSSCATA at USCIS.DHS.GOV,NVCRESEARCH and one very helpful tier 2 uscis rep.

NVC received - 5/20/2014

NVC case # assigned - June 11

AOS paid - June 26

AOS sent - June 28

AOS scanned in - July 7

IV fee paid - July 15

IV scan date - July 21

Unknown package scanned in - August 13!

AOS Reviewed - August 18

Case Completed!! - September 10

Interview Date : November 26th -Approved!! :dancing::dancing:

Visa Received : December 1st

POE : December 14th @ JFK

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.