LIZBETHCAROL01

El Salvador Journey Experience

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Hi All,

I am a U.S citizen whom petitioned my fiance from El Salvador. This was a long and tedious process and I am thankful to God that it is over.

I am writing this to share my experience specially with people from El Salvador whom might be going through what I went.

I think the process was smooth over all until the documents were transferred to the U.S embassy located in El Salvador. Package III stated that my fiance needed to create his profile in the embassy portal and then he needed to print a piece of paper that was going to be requested by Cargo Express in order to deliver his DS-156. Noe (my fiance) followed the instructions included in pacakge III to do so. The problem was that he needed to schedule his interview date to be able to print the Cargo Express' paper. I chatted with a representative from the embassy and she told me that DS-156 needed to be submitted trough any post service but Cargo Express. I told her that the information she was giving me was incorrect since Package III stated the opposite "only use Cargo Express". She said that this procedure was changed during the middle of July 2013. She also stated that we still were going to use Cargo Express to pick up the passport. What a mess!!!

My fiance mailed DS-156 using Cargo Express because by the time I called him to communicate the new changes it was too late. The representative at the embassy told me that the embassy would probably reject the package, but Thanks to Jesus Christ they did not.

We were about three weeks and a half to have the interview at the embassy and we were still waiting for the letter (Package IV) or e-mail indicating that Noe could go to have his medical examination. I contacted the embassy again through live chat and requested to be escalated to the consular section. Two days later I got package IV and the name of my fiance showed up in the doctor's system. My fiance had it done three weeks before the interview date. The documents were going to be sent by the doctor directly to the embassy.

On the day of the interview I flew over there, but I had to wait outside. We had all the documents requested in package three plus the affidavit of support, my original pay stubs and a letter from my employer.

The consul asked few questions like : How we meet?, If Noe have meet my parents before? and also if he has been in the U.S before?

The consul approved the visa and kept the passport. The document given to Noe stated that we could pick up the passport with 4 to 5 business days. However, it took 15 days for the passport to be delivered. We are glad and thankful we finally finished this first part of the process. I cannot wait to see him again. I thank God for His favor upon my case. Hopefully this helps you a little bit in your journey. God bless you all and remember nothing is impossible for God.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Me da mucho gusto que todo salio bien!Mi familia es de El Salvador, I am a US citizen, and my fiance is from Brazil.Reading your success story me da mucha esperanza que todo va estar bien. I am just beginning the process....

Abrazos!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from K-1 Process to Mexico, Latin & South America regional forum- topic specific to interviewing in El Salvador ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Congratulations on your visa journey. I petitioned my husband, who is from El Salvador and he had his interview on May 21. After 3 months, we are still waiting. How lucky.

For those who wishes to see my timeline, I will fix it somewhere in the future.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

I know the feeling, everything is a mess over there at the embassy. I flew for my fiancee's interview only to be told the day of the interview that there had been a mistake and there would be no interview that day. I wasted over $1,000 and had to wait another month for the "real interview." It is basically impossible unless God helps you out, because the embassy will not....

• 2 weeks later...

Really difficult embassy. I had a lot of issues. I don't exactly recall them as I've tried to erase them from my memory but we basically got stuck in a looping "Catch-22" situation and several times I was denied entry into the embassy (as a US citizen). In the end it worked out though, as it hopefully will for everyone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.