Mike&Dang

how get Interview Appt? send packet 3 or post office first.

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

wow !! I don't have time now, but I will strighten this out pretty soon. Just don't harm each other. It is not that big of a deal. We have not sent packet 3 to the embassy yet,,,,,,, I will be back soon. Mike

I understand now why you are embarrassed. Harm each other? You mean by trying to get to the facts?

A big deal? Keep in mind others may read these posts. I hope no one would think what you have said has anything to do with what should be done in one of these cases if they expect to understand or succeed. Most people will see the humor in this I think. It has to be a joke.

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

I am back to try to explain better my post from a few days ago;

********************************************************************************************

Hi. My fiancee ( WE FILED FOR A 129F VISA) got her letter ( FOR A 129F VISA THAT BANGKOK RECIEVED FROM THE NATIONAL VISA CENTER (NVC) ) from BKK dated 8-27. She ( GOT IN HER LETTER FROM EMBASSY) has a website to get her packet 3 info ( INFORMATION )from.

*Does she need ( TO GO TO THE ) post office ( FOR ACCESS TO PACKET 3 INFORMATION )appointment to get pin to access website for pak 3. ?

*Does she need to send in packet 3 ( TO BANGKOK EMBASSY) before requesting ( RECIEVING )interview date?

*About how long does it take to get interview ( AFTER SENDING IN COMPLETE PACKET 3 INFORMATION TO EMBASSY ) figuring about 2 weeks to fill out forms?

I am almost embarresed ( I SHOULD HAVE SAID FEEL SORRY FOR THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE TO WAIT A LONG TIME FOR THERE VISA PROCESSING ) about how quickly things have gone after seeing how long it takes for others...( I APPRECIATE THE FAST SERVICE WE GOT FROM USCIS CSC )

NOA 1 5-28-13

NOA 2 7-31-13

Packet 3 sent 8-27-13

I sent e-mail to NVC ( BECAUSE I WAS IMPATIENT TO WAIT 4-5 WEEKS TO CALL THEM BACK ) requesting info. on about 8-24-13 ( THIS SENTANCE WAS ORIGONALY AFTER THE NEXT SENTANCE )

I called NVC about 8-7-13 to ask if theey recieved ( 129F APPLICATION FROM USCIS CSC ) yet, (no) say call back 4-5 weeks, No reply yet. (

I guess NVC got it and sent it ( BEFORE THEY COULD ANSWER MY EMAIL, BECAUSE MY FIANCEE GOT A LETTER FROM BKK EMBASSY SAYING THEY RECIEVED HER 129F FROM NVC )(555) ( HAHAHA)

We were planning on a DEC or JAN, interview,( BECAUSE OF THE NORMAL PROCESSING TIME ESTIMATES ) but this sounds like it is going to work out great.( BECAUSE THE SOONER WE GET INTERVIEW DATE AND VISA THE HAPPIER WE WILL BE )

I hope this helps, let me know if i can explain myself further, English composition, grammer and spelling was not my best subject in school.

Thank you, Mike

Timeline

I am back to try to explain better my post from a few days ago;

********************************************************************************************

Hi. My fiancee ( WE FILED FOR A 129F VISA) got her letter ( FOR A 129F VISA THAT BANGKOK RECIEVED FROM THE NATIONAL VISA CENTER (NVC) ) from BKK dated 8-27. She ( GOT IN HER LETTER FROM EMBASSY) has a website to get her packet 3 info ( INFORMATION )from.

*Does she need ( TO GO TO THE ) post office ( FOR ACCESS TO PACKET 3 INFORMATION )appointment to get pin to access website for pak 3. ?

*Does she need to send in packet 3 ( TO BANGKOK EMBASSY) before requesting ( RECIEVING )interview date?

*About how long does it take to get interview ( AFTER SENDING IN COMPLETE PACKET 3 INFORMATION TO EMBASSY ) figuring about 2 weeks to fill out forms?

I am almost embarresed ( I SHOULD HAVE SAID FEEL SORRY FOR THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE TO WAIT A LONG TIME FOR THERE VISA PROCESSING ) about how quickly things have gone after seeing how long it takes for others...( I APPRECIATE THE FAST SERVICE WE GOT FROM USCIS CSC )

NOA 1 5-28-13

NOA 2 7-31-13

Packet 3 sent 8-27-13

I sent e-mail to NVC ( BECAUSE I WAS IMPATIENT TO WAIT 4-5 WEEKS TO CALL THEM BACK ) requesting info. on about 8-24-13 ( THIS SENTANCE WAS ORIGONALY AFTER THE NEXT SENTANCE )

I called NVC about 8-7-13 to ask if theey recieved ( 129F APPLICATION FROM USCIS CSC ) yet, (no) say call back 4-5 weeks, No reply yet. (

I guess NVC got it and sent it ( BEFORE THEY COULD ANSWER MY EMAIL, BECAUSE MY FIANCEE GOT A LETTER FROM BKK EMBASSY SAYING THEY RECIEVED HER 129F FROM NVC )(555) ( HAHAHA)

We were planning on a DEC or JAN, interview,( BECAUSE OF THE NORMAL PROCESSING TIME ESTIMATES ) but this sounds like it is going to work out great.( BECAUSE THE SOONER WE GET INTERVIEW DATE AND VISA THE HAPPIER WE WILL BE )

I hope this helps, let me know if i can explain myself further, English composition, grammer and spelling was not my best subject in school.

Thank you, Mike

This actually helps make some sense of the situation so we can be of help. The facts must be clear to allow anyone to give you useable advise. Its critical that you go forward following the correct procedures coupled with the right timing to have what you want.

Since the embassy already has the case you can have her send in the P 3 docs now if she has her police clearance and medical. If not she could send in the P 3 docs along with a note indicating she will bring the others in when she interviews. She can also pay the visa fee at the post office to send in or bring the receipt to the interview.

Make sure you send her a signed 134 form with at least one years tax transcript. Obtain that from the IRS free by contacting them on line or by phone. They will mail or fax it to you within a few days to a week. Or you can get it at any IRS office in person. Again this could be hand carried to the interview if she tells them she will bring it.

Sending in the initial P 3 docs will allow them to set the interview date. If you get this done soon you have a good chance of having the interview in the time frame you want.

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline
  1. Thank you for your help Ning.

We have a couple other questions that maybe you can help with.

My fiancee Dang, worked at an electronics compny in Tiawan for 2 years in 2007 and 2008. In some of the packet 3 forms they are requesting a police backgroung check from Tiawan. How does she obtain this police check?

Also she is bringing 2 Daughters age 14 and 16 at a later date. They are listed on forms 129F and will have there own forms DS 230 submitted.

Do they need;

Police background checks now ?

Medical exams now?

Go to the embassy interview with my fiancee now?

How long do they have to travel to the USA before they would need to re apply ?

Thank you so much for your help. Mike and Dang

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I can;t help you with the Tiawan police report, but for the daughters, if they are not traveling with your fiance you just need to list them on the 129. Nothing else is required at this time. You are not applying for anything for them, so need to re-apply. They can enter the US as dependent children until they turn 18 or get married. So that doesn't leave you much time for the 16 year old.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

For Taiwan Police Cert: http://english.tcpd.taipei.gov.tw/lp.asp?ctNode=15874&CtUnit=5608&BaseDSD=7&mp=108002

Also - don't definitely don't wait for that before Packet 3 or 4. If you don't have it before the interview they won't issue the Visa but they will let you submit it within a year if that is the only issue and give you the visa then.

Timeline
  1. Thank you for your help Ning.

We have a couple other questions that maybe you can help with.

My fiancee Dang, worked at an electronics compny in Tiawan for 2 years in 2007 and 2008. In some of the packet 3 forms they are requesting a police backgroung check from Tiawan. How does she obtain this police check?

Also she is bringing 2 Daughters age 14 and 16 at a later date. They are listed on forms 129F and will have there own forms DS 230 submitted.

Do they need;

Police background checks now ?

Medical exams now?

Go to the embassy interview with my fiancee now?

How long do they have to travel to the USA before they would need to re apply ?

Thank you so much for your help. Mike and Dang

Others have given you the correct answers so I will not repeat that info.

I think what Sam is saying is correct but it critical that its clear to you what this means. Your fiancée can submit whatever she has with the P 3 docs to get the interview date set. Its important to notify the embassy that whatever isn't included will be hand carried to the interview. She must acknowledge the info as needed for the process.

Slowlyman is correct as well. However she will need a Thai court order or special letters from the bio father allowing them to emigrate to the USA in addition to the things you know they need. Interviews for children are very easy if the docs are all correctly submitted.

The children will need the mother to take them into the embassy whenever they are at that point in the process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.