Mike&Dang

how get Interview Appt? send packet 3 or post office first.

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi. My fiancee got her letter from BKK dated 8-27. She has a website to get her packet 3 info from.

*Does she need post office appointment to get pin to access website for pak 3. ?

*Does she need to send in packet 3 before requesting interview date?

*About how long does it take to get interview figuring about 2 weeks to fill out forms?

I am almost embarresed about how quickly things have gone after seeing how long it takes for others...

NOA 1 5-28-13

NOA 2 7-31-13

Packet 3 sent 8-27-13

I sent e-mail to NVC requesting info. on about 8-24-13

I called NVC about 8-7-13 to ask if theey recieved yet, (no) say call back 4-5 weeks, No reply yet. (

I guess NVC got it and sent it 555)

We were planning on a DEC or JAN, interview, but this sounds like it is going to work out great.

Thank you for your help. Mike of Mike&Dang

I don't have any answers to your questions I'm afraid.

Did you file abroad through DCF or are you living abroad? It would be useful to many other members to see your timeline.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

You need to complete the packet 3 and mail it back. When they get that with all the requested documentation they will mail you back a Packet 4 with an appointment date.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/thailand/591452/iv/052012_k_appointment_packet_4.pdf

Timeline

Sorry, I didn't answer everything - yes you need to pay the fee at the post office and mail the receipt in with your Packet3 documentation. It says all this in the Packet 3 just FYI ;)

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/thailand/591452/iv/082013_k_instruction_packet_3.pdf

Edited by Sam B

Timeline

Sorry for the reply spam... I really should have got this all into one post... but...

You can find all the forms you will need at: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas/packets.html

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi. My fiancee got her letter from BKK dated 8-27. She has a website to get her packet 3 info from.

*Does she need post office appointment to get pin to access website for pak 3. ?

*About how long does it take to get interview figuring about 2 weeks to fill out forms?

I am almost embarresed about how quickly things have gone after seeing how long it takes for others...

NOA 1 5-28-13

NOA 2 7-31-13

Packet 3 sent 8-27-13

I called NVC about 8-7-13 to ask if theey recieved yet, (no) say call back 4-5 weeks, No reply yet. (

I guess NVC got it and sent it 555)

We were planning on a DEC or JAN, interview, but this sounds like it is going to work out great.

I assume you filed for a K 1. If so who did you send the P 3 to and why?

You sent NVC something on 8\ 24 and then called on 8\ 7 to see if they have it? I don't understand this timing at all.

NVC sent it 555?

There is something wrong here. In K 1 cases the P 3 is sent to the embassy in BKK but not until the case is at the embassy. If it is sent early they will throw it away. They don't maintain case files.

It looks like the NOA 2 was sent to NVC as they all are. From there its a mystery.

The OP should download the P 3 to review it. He should be studying the 134 while preparing to obtain the tax transcript. The 134 with transcript should be sent at the right time to the fiancée in Thailand. The 134 needs a wet signature.

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi Ning.

Thank you for replying to me. I see I turned around some information and omitted some other stuff.

Sam B has answered my question for me ( yes you need to pay the fee at the post office and mail the receipt in with your Packet3 documentation )

Would you have an estamate on the time it takes to get to the interview once BKK embasy recieves the packet 3?

Tahnk you, Mike

Timeline

I actually looked for it but I can't find our packet 4 letter and the date we mailed our packet 3 but if I remember right it wasn't too long... under a month, but that is just from memory. It's probably still in Thailand - I had to file a Waiver and it's just been approved, so my Fiancee isn't here quite yet. Soon!

Timeline

Hi Ning.

Thank you for replying to me. I see I turned around some information and omitted some other stuff.

Sam B has answered my question for me ( yes you need to pay the fee at the post office and mail the receipt in with your Packet3 documentation )

Would you have an estamate on the time it takes to get to the interview once BKK embasy recieves the packet 3?

Tahnk you, Mike

Sam B is giving you general info. If you do as Sam B says you may be making a huge mistake in timing. You cant just mail in the P 3 docs as Sam suggests.

You MUST make sure the case is at the embassy I V section before you send the P 3 docs.

Any estimate about time would be wrong at this point. In general it can take 30 to 90 days but this is totally dependent on when the P 3 is submitted. The embassy sees about 700 cases per month. Many of those aren't immigration based which is why they see immigration types only two days per week.

Timeline

Mike, your getting some conflicting info. Lets see if we can sort this out for you.

No you DO NOT need a pin to access P3. You DO need to pay for the visa at the post office. They will give her two receipts. Send both with the P3.

You will be assigned an interview date after you send the P3 to the IV section. Please note Ning is absolutely correct, DO NOT send the P3 before you confirm your file has arrived at the IV section in Bangkok.

You should get an interview date with a week or two of sending the P3, but the actual interview could be a month or two in the future.

There is more required for the P3 then just filling out forms. You need the medical exam / immunizations, Police report, Birth certificate, free to marry certificate, birth certificate for any minor children immigrating with the beneficiary, and a letter from pappa.

You should get translation done right away. You don;t need it for the Bangkok portion, but you will for the AOS and it is cheaper in Thailand. My GF got at all done for 200 bht.

It is really critical to slow down and get the P3 right. Any screw ups on your part will get you a 221 and a delay I'm sure you don;t want. Feel free to pop back with any questions.

Send copies to the IV section and bring the originals to the interview.

Edited by slowlyman

Timeline

He said he already got packet 3 (a letter from the embassy with a website URL to download the Packet3 Documents) which is why I said what I said.

Not trying to correct you, just trying to put it all in one post with a bit more complete and clear information.

Timeline

He said he already got packet 3 (a letter from the embassy with a website URL to download the Packet3 Documents) which is why I said what I said.

If you read what he said it actually makes no sense at all. He says she got some letter from the embassy. He says he sent in the P 3 already. Then he asks if he should send it. You advise him to send it. This is a total disaster in the making. You are contributing to that with this generalized advise with no thought as to the impact of those actions.

The reality seems to be that he has NOA 2. He doesn't know if NVC has the case therefore he doesn't know the case number. That means he cant ask the embassy for a status report nor send in any P 3 info.

NVC told him to call back in 4 to 5 weeks. What does that indicate? The case may not leave NVC for 60 days or it could be sent sooner. He thinks this will result in a Dec or Jan interview date. Could be but it makes me wonder if he knows anything at all about the problems associated with that concept in those months. The embassy for example is involved in a very busy time of year coupled with the holiday season. Fewer working days extend the schedule.

This is why I say the timing of all of this is critical and making mistakes can become a huge problem. Mike has been somewhat lucky in getting the NOA 2 quickly but to be lured into a false sense of reality could be a mistake.

The OP didn't answer my questions. This could mean anything but it seems to me he just doesn't understand the process so doesn't respond to those things.

Edited by Ning

Timeline

Translations below inside the quote - Mike can confirm :P

NOA 1 5-28-13

NOA 2 7-31-13

Packet 3 sent 8-27-13

==SAM== Since he is asking about what should be included in Packet 3 it is obvious that he means he has not yet sent packet 3. This can only mean the embassy sent him a packet 3

I called NVC about 8-7-13 to ask if theey recieved yet, (no) say call back 4-5 weeks, No reply yet. (I guess NVC got it and sent it 555)

==SAM== 555 means LOL for thai, he said "I called NVC on 8-7 and they said to call back in 4-5 weeks but since we just got a letter from the embassy they must have gotten it and sent it before the 4-5 weeks"

v/r

Sam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.