Ryan H

NVC Filers - September 2013

412 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Just posted the October thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/457530-nvc-filers-october-2013/

Please head on over there now folks smile.png

Here's the November Interview thread. Goodness This last month NVC really slowed us down. Here's to the new service center and lots of case completes.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/457541-november-2013-interviews/?p=6547769

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Here's the November Interview thread. Goodness This last month NVC really slowed us down. Here's to the new service center and lots of case completes.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/457541-november-2013-interviews/?p=6547769

Thanks again :) Adding to the October thread!

hello Guys Good day to you all!

i have a question, after sending the ds-260, do i send the civil document tru postal mail or scan and attach to email. if tru email how do i go about it? looking forward on you guys reply. thank you a whole lot in advance.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

hello Guys Good day to you all!

i have a question, after sending the ds-260, do i send the civil document tru postal mail or scan and attach to email. if tru email how do i go about it? looking forward on you guys reply. thank you a whole lot in advance.

Documents go to the NVC by postal mail. You can also send by UPS or FedEx.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline

The DS-260 only becomes available after the IV bill has been invoiced, so yes, you need to wait. The DS-261 becomes available a few days after the case number is assigned. Plus, you need a case number to even log into the forms portal, so yes, you need to wait. Otherwise, how would NVC know who's filling out the forms? Everything requires a case number,

No, NVC only requires the most recent year, so if you don't want to submit all three, that's fine. Keep in mind though, the consulate/embassy may require all three years, so I highly suggest you bring all three years to the interview if you decide not to submit them all at NVC. Whether you choose 1 year or all 3, you still need to write in all three year's information on the form. Why don't you just request the tax transcripts from IRS for the three past years? It's completely free and NVC actually prefers tax transcripts over the tax forms.

Part 2 is about the immigrant, so yes, it's the beneficiary's address.

If it applies to you, but there's no answer, then put 'none'. If it doesn't apply, then put 'N/A'. Make sure no field is left blank, otherwise the officer can think you forgot to fill it out and issue a checklist.

Looking at your signature, your IV package was accepted before September began (and when DS-260 was required by everyone), not to mention your case is completed, so it should be fine. I'm assuming NVC just made the DS-260 available to everyone, whether they need to complete it or not.

Thank you Saylin! I had ordered my tax transcripts a few weeks ago and only received the 2012 transcripts. As long as my parents get their stuff to me this week for the joint sponsor, I am hoping to mail it out this weekend instead of waiting for the 2010/2011 ones which could take who knows how long.

Thank you! See you in the October thread!

12/30/2012 Got married!

02/01/2013 Sent I-130 via Priority Mail USPS

02/05/2013 NOA1 Priority Date

04/09/2013 Called USCIS-informed by Tier 2 officer that my case was transferred to Washington D.C. on March 13

09/05/2013 NOA2

09/27/2013 NVC received case

Submitted DS-261

Paid AOS bill

10/16/2013 Paid IV bill

10/19/2013 Submitted DS-260
10/21/2013 Mailed AOS and IV packages overnight

11/15/2013 IV package accepted/Checklist for AOS

11/26/2013 New AOS documents received at NVC

12/19/2013 Case Complete

12/27/2013-Received Interview letter

01/26/2014-Husband's Medical Exam

02/13/2014-Interview- Approved, but the consular officer did not see I-864 joint sponsor documents, and sent my husband home with the packet of all the original documents, and told him to mail it in when he gets it. My husband realized that the "missing" documents had been there all along. Husband immediately mailed it back.

02/26/2014-Consular office received "missing" documents and gave it to CO for review

03/17/2014-Visa Issued!

03/20/2014- Received Visa

03/21/2014- POE!

Saylin said: "If it applies to you, but there's no answer, then put 'none'. If it doesn't apply, then put 'N/A'. Make sure no field is left blank, otherwise the officer can think you forgot to fill it out and issue a checklist."

Is this really correct ?

It says the following in the instructions that accompany the I-864 : "Answer all questions fully and accurately. If an item is not applicable or the answer is “none,” leave the space blank."

I was sure that you leave the spaces blank for anything that is not applicable because the large barcode across the bottom of the I-864 changes depending on what information you enter in each field!
Edited by fcat

Saylin said: "If it applies to you, but there's no answer, then put 'none'. If it doesn't apply, then put 'N/A'. Make sure no field is left blank, otherwise the officer can think you forgot to fill it out and issue a checklist."

Is this correct ?

It says the following in the instructions that accompany the I-864 : "Answer all questions fully and accurately. If an item is not applicable or the answer is “none,” leave the space blank."

I was sure that you leave the spaces blank for anything that is not applicable because the large barcode across the bottom of the I-864 changes depending on what information you enter in each filed!

Oh, shoot, you're right. I forgot that the new forms want you to leave things blank instead. My bad! blush.png My advice used to apply with the old forms though :P

Oh, shoot, you're right. I forgot that the new forms want you to leave things blank instead. My bad! blush.png My advice used to apply with the old forms though tongue.png

No worries, i was just checking to make sure myself:)

Guys, I just paid the AOS fee, and printed the receipt. Also, my I received an e mail from NVC that my wife is supposed to submit the DS-261 form online. Once my wife submits that form, what can or should I do? Do I collect all the paperwork that is needed for AOS package and submit it or wait till the IV invoice is paid?

The AOS is seperate from the IV track. If you have the AOS paid, by all means send it in. After the Ds-261 is accepted in a few weeks they will invoice the IV bill. Then you wife completes the ds-260 online and one of you sends in her IV information

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Soooo, that's why...

I was surprised. We were sent the DS3032 and sent it out to them right after.

Then on the payment portal the DS261 was activated upon payment of AOS fees--

I was apprehensive in filling the online form out, but I did it anyway.

So far, i did not receive any notice that I did wrong not was I apprehended. hehehe

Good thing I did the online DS261 anyhow!

Guys, I just paid the AOS fee, and printed the receipt. Also, my I received an e mail from NVC that my wife is supposed to submit the DS-261 form online. Once my wife submits that form, what can or should I do? Do I collect all the paperwork that is needed for AOS package and submit it or wait till the IV invoice is paid?

hi

after submiting DS 261 when you were able to pay IV on ceac page, ok i mean how long does it take from NVC to accept your DS 261?

I've called the NVC everyday since i got my NOA2 on the 16th September, They ust told me this morning that they have received my paperwork from the Washington DC local office and to call back Monday and it should be on their system.

Have to say that every time Ive called them (with the exception of once) they have been very polite, friendly and I've always been put through to an operator within 30 minutes. One guy was very stern and little arrogant when he told me i had to wait 8 weeks before calling, apart from that they've been excellent.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.