decocker

Dear son, don’t let Robin Thicke be a lesson to you

40 posts in this topic

The sad part is how many misguided people blame the black community, or "black music" for it .. when in reality, it's everywhere.

bitchez and hoez be errywhur

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

I didn't watch it live. I have seen it since then though. IMHO I think the performance would not have been so offensive if it was actually a good looking woman with a nice body doing the dance.

Marvin Gaye, Barry White, Silk, Jodeci, R. Kelly, Marvin Sease(whom I think is excellent), Keith Sweat and countless others they all have sang about getting some in the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's. Lil Kim, Khia, Foxy Brown on the woman side have too.

Otis Redding sang Too Hard to Handle back before he died the Black Crowes redid it later in the 90's.

Tommy James- My baby does the Hanky panky from the 60's.

Even Trace Adkins the country guy sang about the Honky tonk bedonkadonk.

If you don't like it change the station. You don't want to see outrageous DVR it and watch later, so you can skip over.

Anyway I'd rather my kids be doing it like bunnies, than using drugs or killing strangers for sport. It's a more natural act.

Edited by kytwell

Ahh, the old "if you don't like it don't listen to it" argument.

Unfortunately (and I mean that), this was plastered on every news channel, every internet site and every facebook from here to kingdom come. How can you NOT see it/hear it? Silly.

Also, Miley, whether she likes it or not, is a role model for our young female generation. Now you can say that your kids are "above her" and "would never be into someone like her" and that's great for you. The majority of American girls look at Miley and her other overtly sexual/intoxicated counterparts and gather that this sort of behavior is what garners attention from men, and everyone else.

And as for your bit, Miley was clearly intoxicated. Sex, drugs and "rock n roll" BRO.

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Sh*t like this is why I think I'm better off not having kids. But I liked what this lady had to say:

http://ideas.time.com/2013/08/26/miley-cyrus-really-is-the-girl-next-door-predictable-and-boring/
Miley Cyrus Really Is the Girl Next Door: Predictable and Boring

Hannah Montana’s double life? Maybe her real secret is that she has nothing original to say.

By Susan Gregory Thomas Aug. 26, 2013

Several years ago, my daughters and I launched a neighborhood boycott of Miley Cyrus. The teenage star that Disney had marketed as the thoughtful, ethically upright, regular girl with the secret superstar identity had been caught on camera with her friends doing “Chinc-y eyes” to tease a buddy. My daughters, who are Asian-American and subject to almost daily forms of this type of banal racism, weren’t just upset by Cyrus’s thoughtless gesture but that she’d done it, as she later said in an apology, because, essentially, that’s what everyone else was doing.

And, as her “break-out” performance at last night’s MTV’s Video Music Awards at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center revealed, she obviously just can’t stop. Miley Cyrus, at 20, is still a copycat.

Tweet to Miley: Busting out of a racy leotard to flash a flesh-toned get-up is old enough to be your mother. Madonna, Britney, Gaga—not to mention decades of 1980s New York performance artists and 70s Studio 54 acts—have all done it. But this, from the Disney branded girl-next-door?

Actually, it makes sense. After all, the only twist Cyrus brought to Sunday night’s big reveal was a standard fare, learned-it-at-the-gym pole-dance routine, not a provocative, well-choreographed statement. And who is the girl-next-door, if not someone who falls in line with the pack, does what everyone else is doing? That’s her whole appeal. That girl, as she becomes a young woman, is never going to do anything truly dangerous or outrageous—nothing that crosses the lines of her suburban sub-division box. At most, she’ll go to the costume party dressed as a Playboy Bunny. That’s exactly what Cyrus did.

The big question now is, what are the hidden contents of Hannah Montana’s double life? Maybe her real secret identity is that she’s a follower, rather than a leader—that she’s truly the girl next door, morally and creatively banal, as to be expected.

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

true.

thanks obama!

obama-kicking-down-door.gif

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I didn't watch it live. I have seen it since then though. IMHO I think the performance would not have been so offensive if it was actually a good looking woman with a nice body doing the dance.

Marvin Gaye, Barry White, Silk, Jodeci, R. Kelly, Marvin Sease(whom I think is excellent), Keith Sweat and countless others they all have sang about getting some in the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's. Lil Kim, Khia, Foxy Brown on the woman side have too.

Otis Redding sang Too Hard to Handle back before he died the Black Crowes redid it later in the 90's.

Tommy James- My baby does the Hanky panky from the 60's.

Even Trace Adkins the country guy sang about the Honky tonk bedonkadonk.

If you don't like it change the station. You don't want to see outrageous DVR it and watch later, so you can skip over.

Anyway I'd rather my kids be doing it like bunnies, than using drugs or killing strangers for sport. It's a more natural act.

did you know that robin thicke is being sued by marvin gaye's family? tmz ran a couple songs from both of them side by side and honestly, robin thicke should pay up.

i don't care about the music. the op isn't about the music.

Sh*t like this is why I think I'm better off not having kids. But I liked what this lady had to say:

http://ideas.time.com/2013/08/26/miley-cyrus-really-is-the-girl-next-door-predictable-and-boring/

The big question now is, what are the hidden contents of Hannah Montana’s double life? Maybe her real secret identity is that she’s a follower, rather than a leader—that she’s truly the girl next door, morally and creatively banal, as to be expected.

i think that says a lot about the cultural environment that we have our kids in, one where nothing is shocking and offensiveness is boring and yet it's still mass produced, marketed heavily, and quietly consumed with little more than bored internet "outrage".

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Robin Thicke = Poster Child for Current Status of Moral Decay? OK. got it.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !