Zentastic

I-129F Approved...ummm...what next?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was notified last night that my I-129F was approved via email/text. Which is strange as it seemed to skip steps. But anyhow... Have no idea what to do next. I already sent her a copy of the file, proof of employment, financial information, etc. She is in the Philippines. I do know that I need an embassy interview as well as medical. How do I go about getting those setup? Asking because the approval email I received did not say anything concerning those. I know they are mailing the approval as well, but had heard that everything could be done with a copy of the email. Just not sure how to go about it. Or all what is involved.

I seemed to be a bit confused as well as to the process. I had thought that California Processing center was going to do the interview/medical setup THEN approve the I-129F afterward.

So guess what I am asking is what do I need to do to get the interview/medical ball rolling? Do I contact the embassy? Can I do it online? I heard the medical takes up to 3 days, should I schedule the interview first, then squeeze the medical in ahead? Will she need a bazillion pesos/dollars on hand to pay for either?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. unsure.png

First congratulations on your approval!!

Here's a link to Hank's "NOA 2 now what" website. He does a great job explaining the process after your petition is approved. Kind of like the now what bible! :)

http://visaconnection-philippines.com/

Also, more websites courtesy of Rob and Ann:

http://philippinefiancevisa.weebly.com/

http://ourk1visajourney.weebly.com/

Good luck!!

Timeline

Hi, I am working here in Thailand and i applied for K1 visa, my interview will be next week and if US embassy here grant my k1 for fiance visa i want to visit my family in the Philippines i want to ask ( if someone can help me ) can be the Philippines is my port of departure even my k1 visa issued in Thailand? or do i have to go back here? thnks much in advance!!

Hi, I am working here in Thailand and i applied for K1 visa, my interview will be next week and if US embassy here grant my k1 for fiance visa i want to visit my family in the Philippines i want to ask ( if someone can help me ) can be the Philippines is my port of departure even my k1 visa issued in Thailand? or do i have to go back here? thnks much in advance!!

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you make a port of entry into the US before your visa expires.

Timeline

First congratulations on your approval!!

Here's a link to Hank's "NOA 2 now what" website. He does a great job explaining the process after your petition is approved. Kind of like the now what bible! smile.png

http://visaconnection-philippines.com/

Also, more websites courtesy of Rob and Ann:

http://philippinefiancevisa.weebly.com/

http://ourk1visajourney.weebly.com/

Good luck!!

Thanks. And thanks for the links and the help!

I was looking for a checklist for the actual I-129F process earlier, and found an outdated one. So took awhile to figure all that out, and truth be told was a bit surprised it was approved. Let alone so fast. Hopefully the rest will go as smoothly.

I have a bit of a timeline as far as the interview process goes. But once that is done, how long usually does it take until you know everything is good to go? i.e. Until she can come here?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You only have one issue if you go back to the Philippines after receiving your visa (in Thailand) and that is CFO. Once you leave the terminal at NAIA you will be required to complete CFO before exiting the country again, and of course pay the travel tax along with the normal terminal fee.

click the link in my signature and read the CFO information.

There is no need to go back to Thailand before traveling to the USA.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I was notified last night that my I-129F was approved via email/text. Which is strange as it seemed to skip steps. But anyhow... Have no idea what to do next. I already sent her a copy of the file, proof of employment, financial information, etc. She is in the Philippines. I do know that I need an embassy interview as well as medical. How do I go about getting those setup? Asking because the approval email I received did not say anything concerning those. I know they are mailing the approval as well, but had heard that everything could be done with a copy of the email. Just not sure how to go about it. Or all what is involved.

I seemed to be a bit confused as well as to the process. I had thought that California Processing center was going to do the interview/medical setup THEN approve the I-129F afterward.

So guess what I am asking is what do I need to do to get the interview/medical ball rolling? Do I contact the embassy? Can I do it online? I heard the medical takes up to 3 days, should I schedule the interview first, then squeeze the medical in ahead? Will she need a bazillion pesos/dollars on hand to pay for either?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. unsure.png

Your next wait will be NVC, that can take a few weeks, or more likely close to a month before you receive the MNL # - which is the key to doing everything in the Philippines for completing the visa process.

Click the link in my signature for info that will hopefully be of help.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi guys I just want to know about the supporting document about CENOMAR ? I have a my CENOMAR But the purpose only is for employment abroad can I used that as my supporting documents included on can u give a advice or I need to get new one of CENOMAR thanks,,,

Timeline

Do I have to wait for that in order to pay for the Visa? I know that is needed for the interview/medical.

Thanks for the info.

Your next wait will be NVC, that can take a few weeks, or more likely close to a month before you receive the MNL # - which is the key to doing everything in the Philippines for completing the visa process.

Click the link in my signature for info that will hopefully be of help.

Timeline

Do I have to wait for that in order to pay for the Visa? I know that is needed for the interview/medical.

Thanks for the info.

You should wait until you have your MNL # before paying the visa fee. You can't schedule the interview without the MNL # so not much value in rushing the payment.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.