godlove

Irrelevant and stupid interview questions

42 posts in this topic

My fiance had his interview today and was approved , dancin5hr.gif I am so happy. The CO did not look at any of the docs he had like pictures, phone records, emails, skype and charts. We were really prepared for this and printed out over 80 pictures, phone calls for over a year,emails, charts and none of them was looked at. However he asked him a lot of questions and most of them was stupid and irrelevant. The most stupidest question was when he asked my finace " does she fart".(really? lol). My finace replied back by asking him "Is there anyone who does not fart"?. He replied ok so tell me what is her favorite soup? He replied Edikaikon and he said Edi what? lol

He asked him "who filed for her"? my finace replied her dad and he asked him "who filed for her dad"? lol and he told him he does not know, he asked "has she gained or lost weight since you saw her last?" and my fiance replied that I still look thesame to him from pictures and video charts. My fiance said that he was worried that with the kind of questions he was asking he might deny him until he siad congratulations . Overall this journey has been so smooth from the day I sent in the application uptil today. God answered our prayers and we can't thank him enough. It took almost four months from our NOA1 to interview date, now I just can't wait for my love and bestfriend to come home so we can begin our wonderful lives together.crying.gif (tears of joy).

It could be the case that the whole thing was stupid; but, never understimate USCIS/DOS when it comes to questioning. For all you know, he/she was just trying to throw your fiance off as it is obvious with 80 pictures etc that you were well prepared. Well prepared can mean legit bonafide or well trained to answer the questions in a fraud situation. Not saying your is fraud, only that their job is to be suspicious. And not defending them either. I just have a lot of experience with USCIS and DOS as I do a lot of volunteer work and it often has an immigration related component.

In any case, congrats

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It could be the case that the whole thing was stupid; but, never understimate USCIS/DOS when it comes to questioning. For all you know, he/she was just trying to throw your fiance off as it is obvious with 80 pictures etc that you were well prepared. Well prepared can mean legit bonafide or well trained to answer the questions in a fraud situation. Not saying your is fraud, only that their job is to be suspicious. And not defending them either. I just have a lot of experience with USCIS and DOS as I do a lot of volunteer work and it often has an immigration related component.

In any case, congrats

Thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You got to kiddy me; I do not believe that he ask you Fiancée if you fart !!!! I can believe it. This Consul have issues with his A**

I do not give a S**** I can believe that he ask that ………… At the same time awesome question;

if that is the question who give her the ticket for USA ... You should fart every day with pleasure and happiness. ENJOY IT

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations!!! Funny tho rofl.gif LOL

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Our K1 Visa Journey
California Service Center
07/13/12 - I-129F Sent
07/18/12 - NOA1
10/29/12 - NOA2
11/02/12 - NOA2 hard copy
11/05/12 - NVC Received
11/06/12 - MNL Case Number Assigned
12/17-18/12 - Medical Exam
12/27/12 - Interview Day
12/27/12 - CFO done

01/13/13 - Visa On Hand

02/28/13 - POE

04/19/13 - Wedding Day

Till I Found You

My Interview Experience

AOS

National Benefits Center

05/28/13 - I-485/ I-765 Sent

06/04/13 - NOA

06/27/13 - Biometrics Appointment

07/16/13 - AOS status: Ready for Testing and Interview
07/25/13 - AOS status: Scheduled Interview on August 26, 2013
07/29/13 - EAD status: Card Production
08/02/13 - EAD Card Mailed
08/05/13 - EAD Card Delivered
08/26/13 - AOS Interview (Approved)
08/26/13 - AOS status: Permanent Resident Status Registered
08/29/13 - AOS status: Card Production
08/30/13 - AOS Card Mailed

I never thought it would be mandatory to fart in front of your fiance before the interview. I was hoping to save that until after the wedding.

congrats by the way! wish you and your fiance a happy life together

I agree! LOL!!!! rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

and congrats ...other couple that is gonna be together soon, it always make me happy

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

congratulations to both of you

yes.gif

Feb.2011: Met online
Nov.2011: Meet in person
Aug.2012: Got engaged
Jan29,2013: Sent I-129F petition
Feb 4: NOA1:
Jul24,2013: email notification stating our approved application was sent to Department of State for visa processing
July 6: NOA2 approval date
Aug 21: NOA2 hardcopy sent out by USCIS
Aug 5: NVC received our case
Aug 8: Montreal Consulate received..
Aug 19: Packet 3 sent to USEM ( no packet 3 received)
Aug 27: Packet 4 received thru email.
Aug 12: Medical exam date
Nov 18: Interview date / Passed

Nov 19: Visa issued

Nov 25: Picked up visa and POE

Nov 30: Wedding day

Filed: Other Timeline

So what...could be CO how wanted to test the true nature of a person to

be forthright in answers with no schism, to us it may seem unprofessional

but these ppl are trained in questions to ask applicants, some may just

be shy in putting stuff to an applicant, but ppl have reported being asked

about sex, and even have panel doctors ask them to totally strip...that's

uscis...congratulations the visa is approved you never have to see this

individual again.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations.. !

Don’t think the questions were stupid, it seems he was trying to check how confident ur fiancé was.

He was just asking questions like google or Microsoft ask their candidate like what was the lic plate number of the taxi which u took to the interview.

He was asking questions for which most couples would have not prepared ahead of the time like what was ur fav soup.

Maybe he was bored asking every individual same questions, but thts their JOB, they have to be more professionals cuz the kind of job they are doing.but wait dont they recored the conversation.. it seems like he was taking test of GED :P lol

Anyways!

Congrats! Wish you the best! :)

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I would've chuckled and said "ALL the time!" Haha

August 5, 2013: 1-129F mailed
August 7, 2013: Received at Lockbox
August 13, 2013: NOA1
September 4, 2013: Alien Reg. # change
October 16, 2013: NOA2
October 29, 2013: Sent to DOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

LOL Cute. I think many times since they have already approved you they like to see the beneficiaries demeanor and how comfortable they are. Do they get flush or panic. So good answer from your man.

Mine would have said he don't know hehe. But all we care about is the end result. Approved that is awesome.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.