Barich

Waiting for NVC case number

419 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

New experience calling NVC last night and they answered with no wait - was shocked. It was about 8:00pm PST when I called to check if they received my case which was approved on Aug 8th but they have not received it yet. So I'll call this is the best time to call NVC after dinner or may be it was Friday night and maybe not many people call this day !!!!!

waahh... its more than a month already... nvm, just be patient... maybe this coming week you will get your case no. also:)

case completed via phonecall: 17 april 2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

waahh... its more than a month already... nvm, just be patient... maybe this coming week you will get your case no. also:)

Thanks happywife_08 - well there is nothing we can do other than share VJ members issues which are way worse than ours.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

my noa2 is 15 aug 2013 ... yesterday i called nvcm. got my case no. and Iin...

congratulations....

..i have also received my case number on 20th this month . my nao2 was 15 aug too....

my noa2 is 15 aug 2013 ... yesterday i called nvcm. got my case no. and Iin...

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Anyone who got NOA2 on or around 13 Aug,2013 & waiting for case number from NVC? Let us update each other. Thank u!

Noa2 8/27/13.nvc still waits for my case to arrive.f2a

USCIS Petition(s) Filed

Form I-130: Petition for Alien Relative (mother)

Date I-130 Sent : (2012-02-14)

Date I-130 NOA1 (Receipt)via email : (2012-02-21)

Date I-130 NOA1 (hard copy Receipt)via mail : (2012-02-28)

Date I-130 NOA2 (Receipt)via email : (2012-06-11)

Date I-130 NOA2 (hard copy Receipt)via mail : (2012-06-14)

Date Package Received By NVC : (2012-07-02)

ds3032(Choice of Address and Agent for Immigrant Visa Applicants): sent from mother's email address on 8/3/12. Approved on 8/10/12

AOS paid 8/5/12, IV paid 8/23/12.

ds230,i864ez,aos and iv receipt,documents(6 last pay stubs,job letter,beneficiary's birth certificate(certified and legalized),2 2x2 photos,police report(certified),w2 and transcripts from 2009-2011,copy of beneficiary passport.8/23/12

checklist received from NVC on 8/30/12- missing petioner's documents(marriage certificate,birth certificate,2011 transcript).

checklist sent to NVC by air on 9/1/12 to arrive on 9/4/12.

check list recieved on email 9/13/12 ( petioner INEXTENSA birth certificate and 2011 taxes transcript directly from IRS).

2011 taxes transcript (directly from IRS) sent on 9/12/12.Arrived 9/14/12

petioner birth certificate (INEXTENSA)sent on 9/13/12. Arrived 9/14/12

CASE COMPLETE 09/25/12

10/03/12 INTERVIEW assigned for 11/19/12 received letter via email later on in the day.

Medical done 11/06/12

Visa approved 11/19/12

VISA ON HAND 11/29/12 ( DELIVERED HOME)

POE 12/08/12- SAN JUAN,PUERTO RICO

F2A LPR petitioning for minor children

PD 8/5/13 , NOA2 8/27/13, CASE COMPLETE 3/5/14

Timeline

congratulations....

..i have also received my case number on 20th this month . my nao2 was 15 aug too....

yey!!! congrats to you... this is the start of our nvc processing!!! patience is a virtue:)

Filed: Timeline

Got the NVC Receipt and Invoice number for both my wife and daughter. They will be processed separately since they are currently in different countries. Otherwise we need to prove that our daughter is living where my wife is to have them in the same case (wife).

NOA2 approval is August 12, 2013.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Got the NVC Receipt and Invoice number for both my wife and daughter. They will be processed separately since they are currently in different countries. Otherwise we need to prove that our daughter is living where my wife is to have them in the same case (wife).

NOA2 approval is August 12, 2013.

Congrats! Did u called NVC or they emailed to you? Mine was approved on August 13 but they did not have our case yet.

F2A visa

Sent I-130 on Feb.8/2013

NOA1-Feb.11/2013

NOA2-Aug.13/2013

Petition arrived at NVC-

Case number assigned -

Filed: Timeline

Congrats! Did u called NVC or they emailed to you? Mine was approved on August 13 but they did not have our case yet.

I called them. Actually I am calling everyday :)NVC acknowledged my case on Sep 18 and today I got the NVC Case Number and IIN. I believe NVC will receive your case this week.

Don't forget to give the email addresses once you got the case number.

Timeline

I called them. Actually I am calling everyday :)NVC acknowledged my case on Sep 18 and today I got the NVC Case Number and IIN. I believe NVC will receive your case this week.

Don't forget to give the email addresses once you got the case number.

Thanks! I believe they will!

F2A visa

Sent I-130 on Feb.8/2013

NOA1-Feb.11/2013

NOA2-Aug.13/2013

Petition arrived at NVC-

Case number assigned -

Timeline

It's been 6 weeks since our petition was approved. Approval day August 13, we called nvc, emailed to nvc & even we called to uscis, but nvc did not received our petition yet. Anyone with the same situation pls update.

F2A visa

Sent I-130 on Feb.8/2013

NOA1-Feb.11/2013

NOA2-Aug.13/2013

Petition arrived at NVC-

Case number assigned -

Timeline

It's been 6 weeks since our petition was approved. Approval day August 13, we called nvc, emailed to nvc & even we called to uscis, but nvc did not received our petition yet. Anyone with the same situation pls update.

why so late? i know someone (noa2 29/8) nvc received her case already

Timeline

why so late? i know someone (noa2 29/8) nvc received her case already

I don't know. We have been calling everyday but they kept telling us to wait at least 8 weeks. Sad!

F2A visa

Sent I-130 on Feb.8/2013

NOA1-Feb.11/2013

NOA2-Aug.13/2013

Petition arrived at NVC-

Case number assigned -

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hang in there Barich - I am with you. The way I get the response from NVC seems to me that they are just fed up with our question and sometimes they make you read the first line of the approval notice like we don't know why we are calling? Approval dates does not mean anything as far we experienced of this thread now the matter is when they will get our petition? Can not do anything before 8 weeks like it is the verdict and can not ask why it is?

As far we know NVC is an contractor and they don't need to delay if they are getting paid on time. Now I think USCIS needs a new contractor for shipping petitions in timely, routinely and completely to the NVC. Hope we won't face any hardship if the government shuts down next month. If you discuss this issue in general with colleagues they don't believe this can happen. People bring this issue to the Senators and congressmen but why don't they see it is an issue and need a fix in the system not just a personal response which they probably experience on daily basis.

Timeline

You are right Billyk. We'll see! Ii hope they will give us our case number before it gets eight weeks. Btw when was ur NOA2?

F2A visa

Sent I-130 on Feb.8/2013

NOA1-Feb.11/2013

NOA2-Aug.13/2013

Petition arrived at NVC-

Case number assigned -

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Barich,

This happened to the cases of my siblings. They got approved last June 26. I patiently waited for their files to arrived at NVC. The people whom I was following, their approvals are before and after ours, had already been at NVC and that was within a week or two after their approval. At 6th week of waiting I tried asking help from our congressman but our caseworker told us to wait for 8 week after the approval and to just contact her again next month. I was about to listen but I tried contacting our senator the next week. She called uscis and she informed me that our files are still there and told them to send them immediately because it's been more than 30 days since our approval date. Our case finally arrived at NVC on August 22. We waited again for the case number and in which it took about two weeks. Now even in the acceptance of ds261 and the generating of iv fee it's taking so long... For your case it's best to ask for your congressman and/or your senator....hope yours will arrive at NVC soon.

Edited by ivyvid

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.