babygirl28

RFE: Letter of Intent!!!!!

53 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

All you need to do is use the letter from this site. Sign it in blue ink just to be sure. Then POST IT. Do not photocopy or email it. You do not need to include all the other stuff some people on here are trying to tell you to include. It really is that simple. Good luck

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi fellow VJers! Thank you for all the responses. I hope to shed some light to this. By the way, just want to share with you the exact letter content of the RFE. Here it is.

post-165888-0-69976800-1377779219_thumb.png

Timeline

I don't think the letter date has something to do with it.,i forwarded mine June and we're only able to submit our I129F by August. We got an RFE for both letter of intent, since i forwarded 2 originals to my fiance prior to submission, we just resend the other one and we were approved. There's a possibility that while scanning they misplace or overlook documents on files. Just send another one... Goodluck!

Thank you! My fiance did not receive an RFE for his letter of intent to marry, its just me. His date is closer to the filling date though. So im thinking it could be the date.

Timeline

Most likely they just lost it. Happens often. Sounds like you did everything right. Just send back essentially the same letters and you should be fine.

Thanks pauli! I hope so. Cause my fiance was not asked to submit another letter, its just me the beneficiary. We follow the same sample letter here so im wondering why.

Timeline

All you need to do is use the letter from this site. Sign it in blue ink just to be sure. Then POST IT. Do not photocopy or email it. You do not need to include all the other stuff some people on here are trying to tell you to include. It really is that simple. Good luck

Thanks guys! But my fiance used black ink when he signed his, he was not asked in the RFE to resubmit another letter. Just me, the beneficiary.

Timeline

I don't think the letter date has something to do with it.,i forwarded mine June and we're only able to submit our I129F by August. We got an RFE for both letter of intent, since i forwarded 2 originals to my fiance prior to submission, we just resend the other one and we were approved. There's a possibility that while scanning they misplace or overlook documents on files. Just send another one... Goodluck!

Thanks! My fiance was not ask in the RFE to resubmit another letter. Just me.

Timeline

Are you signed it with blue ink? Some of people here used black ink and they've got RFE because 'might be' the adjucator think it was scanned. Let us know because I also used sample on VJ.

We both signed it in black ink. But my fiance was not asked in the RFE to resubmit another letter. Just me.

We both signed it in black ink. But my fiance was not asked in the RFE to resubmit another letter. Just me.

Maybe, just my thought, the reason why they did not asked the letter from your fiance( signed with black ink) because they 'assumed' he would not scanned the letter intent of marry since he is the one in US that send it out. Why bothers to scanned the letter if he just could signed it? The burden on the beneficiary's side to make sure to send the original one because we have to mailed it across the side of the world. Again, just my 2 cents. But I could be wrong about that.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

They most likely just lost it, misplaced it or didn't see it, don't stress. Just mail out another original just like the first one and if they don't lose or misplace that, you'll be good to go. Don't over think these things, and remember, you're dealing with low level government functionaries, not brain surgeons.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No, they don't. Not for USCIS purposes.

The only time this is advisable is for "front-loading" purposes -- for the benefit of the consulate, which will receive the I-129F petition upon its approval by USCIS. Front-loading is advisable for certain tough or ####### consulates, of which the Manila embassy is certainly not one.

I was going on information that I included in my letter. I briefly discussed my relationship. You are suppose to mention something about your relationship in your letter of intent. It helps in showing that the relationship is real. Keep in mind that in the first phase you want to prove that your relationship is genuine...

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! Its about the letter of intent to marry that i made prior to submitting our 129f. Here is how i did it.

Dear sir/madam,

I, xxxxxx, is legally able and willing to marry xxxxxx (petitioner). I intend to do so within 90days of my

arrival in the US using the K-1 visa.

Yours truly,

Signature

Xxxxxxx(my name)

Is this correct? And there are asking again for a new

letter as our RFE. How should i write it then?

Dear Sir or Madam:

I, (applicant’s or beneficiary’s name), do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry (petitioner’s or beneficiary’s name), and intend to do so within 90 days of my arrival into the US using the K-1 visa.

(from the guide)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Maybe, just my thought, the reason why they did not asked the letter from your fiance( signed with black

ink) because they 'assumed' he would not scanned the letter intent of marry since he is the one in US that

send it out. Why bothers to scanned the letter if he just could signed it? The burden on the beneficiary's side to make sure to send the original one because we have to mailed it across the side of the world. Again, just my 2 cents. But I could be wrong about that.

Thanks! You have a point. Never thought about that.

They most likely just lost it, misplaced it or didn't see it, don't stress. Just mail out another original just like the first one and if they don't lose or misplace that, you'll be good to go. Don't over think these things, and remember, you're dealing with low level government

functionaries, not brain surgeons.

Thanks! I agree. There's a possibility to that.

Timeline

I think they may have thought it was a copy . They asked for an original ? I got the same RFE on July 16th . Mine was an original , but I used a black sharpie fine point pen . When I looked at my copy which is an original you can see that error . It really looks like a copy . I sent in another signing it on a magazine to leave a impression in the paper . 2 weeks later we had our approval . I also added some things to my petition , so your time may be less .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.