Townso

Approved K1 sent direct to Consulate from Texas Service Centre

56 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yes, you can send them all at once if you've already got all the supporting material. :) That's actually what I did.

Thank you so much for the advice I appreciate the help. Thanks.

05/02/2013 I-129f sent via USPS express

05/03/2013 received by Dallas-lock box

05/07/2013 NOA1 hard copy

05/13/2013 Alien number change a email from USCIS

07/29/2013 NOA2 Approval email from USCIS

08/03/2013 NOA2 Hard Copy Recieved

08/16/2013 file sent to NVC

08/19/2013 Called DOS told NVC received file case number given.

08/21/2013 file in transit to London embassy as stated on CEAC website also spoke to DOS to confirm

08/28/2013 file ready according to CEAC website

08/30/2013 packet 3 sent with DS-2001

O9/05/2015 medical appointment

09/06/2013 packet 3 arrived in the mail.

09/10/2013 CEAC update medical result received by embassy

10/04/2013 CEAC update dos says waiting to give interview date

10/11/2013 packet 4 interview letter arrived

10/22/2013 interview at London embassy

10/22/2013 Approved the visa

10/29/2013 visa delivered

12/02/2013 POE In Atlanta Georgia

AOS

1/25/2014 AOS forms mailed

1/27/2014 arrived at PO Box Chicago lock box waiting to be picked up

1/27/2014 (day1)AOS received by USCIS according to USPS online mail tracker signed for by R MERCADO

2/2/2014. (day7) text message and email from USCIS for acceptance of all forms.

1/31/2014 I-485 accepted receipt number and hard copy has been sent. Processed at National Benefits Centre.

1/28/2014 I-131 application for travel documents in initial review receipt number given and hard copy has been sent

1/28/2014 I-765 application for employment authorization in initial review receipt number given and hard copy has been sent.

2/7/2014 (day11) noa1 hard copy arrived in the mail for I-485 I-131 I-765

2/14/2014 (day18) biometric appt letter arrived in the mail. Appt schedualled for 2/26/2014 11.00am.

2/18/2014 (day 22) biometrics successful walkin.

4/01/2014 faxed expedite supporting documents to number on letter sent to me. Waiting waiting waiting

4/03/2014 (68 days) EAD and AP approved text message sent status post decision. Hooray !!!

4/7/2014 (72 days ) status change to card in production for EAD.

4/10/2014 ( 75 days) status changed after calling uscis regarding urgency of EAD. Also usps tracking number at 20.580pm

Timeline

I would also advise to wait until you know they have your file before sending anything. Once you change to Ready go ahead and send everything including ds-2001. Also attach a cover letter with your LND #. The date of ur medical, an approx wedding date and a little paragraph saying I'm ready for ya!

Thank you . I will do that. Your in the last leg of things. I see not long now till your interview. pls share your experience once you have had it.

05/02/2013 I-129f sent via USPS express

05/03/2013 received by Dallas-lock box

05/07/2013 NOA1 hard copy

05/13/2013 Alien number change a email from USCIS

07/29/2013 NOA2 Approval email from USCIS

08/03/2013 NOA2 Hard Copy Recieved

08/16/2013 file sent to NVC

08/19/2013 Called DOS told NVC received file case number given.

08/21/2013 file in transit to London embassy as stated on CEAC website also spoke to DOS to confirm

08/28/2013 file ready according to CEAC website

08/30/2013 packet 3 sent with DS-2001

O9/05/2015 medical appointment

09/06/2013 packet 3 arrived in the mail.

09/10/2013 CEAC update medical result received by embassy

10/04/2013 CEAC update dos says waiting to give interview date

10/11/2013 packet 4 interview letter arrived

10/22/2013 interview at London embassy

10/22/2013 Approved the visa

10/29/2013 visa delivered

12/02/2013 POE In Atlanta Georgia

AOS

1/25/2014 AOS forms mailed

1/27/2014 arrived at PO Box Chicago lock box waiting to be picked up

1/27/2014 (day1)AOS received by USCIS according to USPS online mail tracker signed for by R MERCADO

2/2/2014. (day7) text message and email from USCIS for acceptance of all forms.

1/31/2014 I-485 accepted receipt number and hard copy has been sent. Processed at National Benefits Centre.

1/28/2014 I-131 application for travel documents in initial review receipt number given and hard copy has been sent

1/28/2014 I-765 application for employment authorization in initial review receipt number given and hard copy has been sent.

2/7/2014 (day11) noa1 hard copy arrived in the mail for I-485 I-131 I-765

2/14/2014 (day18) biometric appt letter arrived in the mail. Appt schedualled for 2/26/2014 11.00am.

2/18/2014 (day 22) biometrics successful walkin.

4/01/2014 faxed expedite supporting documents to number on letter sent to me. Waiting waiting waiting

4/03/2014 (68 days) EAD and AP approved text message sent status post decision. Hooray !!!

4/7/2014 (72 days ) status change to card in production for EAD.

4/10/2014 ( 75 days) status changed after calling uscis regarding urgency of EAD. Also usps tracking number at 20.580pm

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

So, 5 weeks after approval in Texas with regular calls to the NVC to see if our file has been transferred, I rang the USCIS customer service number to be told that they wouldn't discuss the case with the beneficiary, but only the applicant. My fiancee called them and was advised that our file had gone directly to the embassy. I have now paid the courier fee and am awaiting confirmation of an interview date. All this without the magic number we were led to believe was a prerequisite for any activity at the embassy.

I'm delighted (obviously) but frustrated to know that the file has been sitting in London for 3 or 4 weeks without us knowing.

Timeline

Yes that the same what happend we our case and we don't know what to do they directly sent the case to the embassy from Texas center and this the approval notice :

The above petition has been approved, and forwarded the the listed consulate. Please contact the consulate With any questions about visa issuance, or if you world now like them to forward the petition to a diffrent consulate. The petitioner can also file form I-824 application for action on an approved application or petition to request that we notify another consulate of the petition approval for visa processing purposes. This form is not à visa and may not be used in place of à visa.

When the person this petition is for enters the US based on this visa he or she Will be admitted for ninety (90) days in order to marry the petitioner, and based on that marriage file for adjustment to permant resident status on form I-485 the form to Apply for adjustement CAN be obtained at any local uscis office or uscis forms center . Please attach à copy of this notice to the adjustment application when you file it.

If the petitioner and fiance do not marry within these 90 days, status Will expire, and he or she Will be in violation of the immigration and nationality act if he or she does not depart. An extension cannot be granted. It is requested that the petitioner inform his or her local uscis office if he or she determines that the marriage Will not take place within the 90days period . Please attach à copy of this notice to any correspondence about this case.

NOTICE: although this application/petition has been approved, uscis and the US department of homeland sécurity reserve the right to verify the information submitted in this application, petition and/or supporting documentation to ensure conformity With application laws, roules, regulations, and other authorties methods used for verifying information may include, but are not limited to, the reriew of public information and record, contact by correspondence, the internet , or téléphone , and site inspections of business and residences . Information obtained during the course of vérification Will be used to determine whether revocation, rescission , and/ or removal proceedings are appropriate . Applicants, petitioners , and representatives of record Will be proved an opportunity to addresse derogatory information before any formal proceeding is initiated.

Timeline

it does not go to the consulate from USCIS direct. it has to go to the department of state first then they forward it to the consulates.

mine was approved on the 8th of August, shipped to NVC on the 20 then got my case number today fro NVC then it will be forward it sometimes this week to Casablanca

Timeline

this is what i got from USCIS a week ago.

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On August 20, 2013, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

2 posts removed that are repeats of the original. please have some patience for replies rather than reposting the same thing over and over.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

When USCIS approves a petition, they are finished with you until AOS. They hand off your file to the Dept of State (DOS) a totally different US government agency. The NVC is the Dept of State. So is the embassy. Your EAC, WAC case numbers are not used by DOS. The NVC assigns new case numbers based on your embassy. Your application forms will start with DS- for Dept of State.

When that petition approval letter says "Please contact the consulate with any questions about visa issuance..." they don't mean you have to call them. It is the USCIS way of saying " from here on out it is your consulate that knows about your case so don't be calling us anymore about it because we have handed you over to the consulate part of this process".

The next thing you need to know is every consulate has their own way of doing things. The DOS has some general information of what it takes to get a visa but not every consulate follows that exact blueprint. Telephone people at NVC or DOS or Visa Journey guidelines are generic for the whole world. You all wait to be contacted by your consulate for their further instructions when they have your file set up and are ready for you to apply for a visa.

Examples of differences:

LONDON sends a letter (old term is packet 3) giving a web address for finding the K1 instructions. London wants three things at the embassy before they will assign an interview. 1) four DS-xxx application forms, 2) medical results, 3) DS-2001 readiness for interview form with cover letter. You don't pick your interview. They mail out an appointment (old term Packet 4). Everybody does a DS-157, not just males of a certain age.

ALMATY Kazakhstan (looked this up for somebody yesterday) doesn't do a packet 3. The first correspondence from the embassy is an appointment as well as the instructions of what to do before that date.

MANILA lets you call or book an appointment online. They have additional documents required that other embassy's don't have.

JUAREZ sends out a letter of invitation. You schedule online. Nothing at all is mailed to the embassy, not even the DS- application forms. . You go to a different place to present your forms and get fingerprinted separate from the interview.

PARIS. Is similar to London. They send instructions. Forms are mailed in. They use DS-2001. They assign the interview and notify by letter.

It's all different, so after NOA2 petition approval, follow what people from your embassy say or find your regional forum. The UK has a very active and helpful forum. Don't think you will do exactly what somebody in another country does or exactly what the generic Dept of State website says.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

it does not go to the consulate from USCIS direct. it has to go to the department of state first then they forward it to the consulates.

mine was approved on the 8th of August, shipped to NVC on the 20 then got my case number today fro NVC then it will be forward it sometimes this week to Casablanca

Apparently not:

There are THREE steps involved in applying for an immigrant visa:

Step 1: Filing an immigrant visa petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Step 2: The processing of the immigrant visa either by the National Visa Center in New Hampshire or the Immigrant Visa Unit at the Embassy in London.

Step 3: The immigrant visa interview and medical examination.

Timeline

I will buy and then eat a hat if you get an interview date without having first sent in some DS forms and booked a medical.

I just spoke with the embassy and was advised that now I have made payment they will email me shortly with an interview date. It does appear from the website that processes changed last month (see below)

Step 1: Filing an immigrant visa petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Step 2: The processing of the immigrant visa either by the National Visa Center in New Hampshire or the Immigrant Visa Unit at the Embassy in London.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I just spoke with the embassy and was advised that now I have made payment they will email me shortly with an interview date. It does appear from the website that processes changed last month (see below)

I had my interview just under two weeks ago and believe me, they will not schedule an interview just because you paid the fee. The people on the phone line barely even know what a K1 visa is. All their information is based around Tourist and Student visas.

Direct quote from my Packet 3 letter from the embassy:

An appointment for your visa interview will not be scheduled unless we are in receipt of forms, DS-230 Part 1, 2 x DS-156, DS-156k, 2 x DS-157, checklist DS-2001, and received the results of your medical examination.

K1 Timeline

02-22-2013: I-129F to VSC

02-28-2013: NOA1

06-10-2013: NOA2 (102 days)

08-16-2013: Interview - Approved!

08-22-2013: Visa in hand

09-14-2013: POE Houston

10-30-2013: Married!

AOS Timeline

12-10-2013: Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

12-16-2013: NOA1 x 3

01-02-2014: Biometrics

02-24-2014: EAD/AP Approved

03-04-2014: Received EAD/AP

03-10-2014: Interview - Approved!

03-18-2014: Received GC

ROC Timeline

12-12-2015: I-751 to CSC

12-17-2015: NOA1

01-14-2016: Biometrics

05-19-2016: Approved!

N-400 Timeline

03-14-2017: N-400 to Texas Lockbox

03-22-2017: NOA1

04-11-2017: Biometrics

04-20-2017: In Line For Interview

07-02-2018: Interview - Approved!

08-22-2018: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.