~Jess~

part of my travel....

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

just got here from the airport about an hr ago.........................heres part of the lowdown on my day....

entering canada know problem, headed back to usa, go to the port in niagra gave them my passport and my family's documents......officer asks me my purpose for visit to Lebanon, i told him my husband is lebanese and ive been back and forth........they search one of my suitcases.......then take our id's back and tell us to pull over into the lot....................we have to go into immigration..............they ask me about my situation, ask about George's situation and then start asking me all sorts of questions pressuring me to tell them that our marriage was a fraud and that he never told me about his prior case blah blah blah..........he asked me the same questions over and over...........omg George isnt even in the flippin country, he is in Lebanon where he has been since Jan!!! lmao what did i do put him in my fricken pocket................so the border patrol says 'you know ur husband will never be allowed back in the usa right, will u move to lebanon permantley' i told him i will travel back and forth because i have a child here.........and he said so u will enter and exit often? and i said ill enter as long as i dont have to go thru this every time he said to me 'well u can expect it since u are traveling from that part of the world with a situation like you are in and WE WILL GET THE TRUTH OUT SOMETIME' ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm hello dikwad! im tellin you my marriage is real and you are tryin to scare me into telling u otherwise. azzholes! so finallllllllllllllly after they held me they couldnt detire me and i was solid and held my own with them thru all the questions they gave us our stuff and told us to go. im telling u its fricken bullcrap, i am an american, why would i want to come back into my country of birth to be interrogated like that??????? i get better treatment when i enter and exit Lebanon for God's sake! alright enuf ranting, i am tired and need sleep.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:( i'm sorry to hear you were treated that way, jess. i do hope you report them for their nazi strongarm tactics.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm sorry that they didn't put out the red carpet for you.

I hope you know that they were just looking out for you.

Welcome home!

Welcome home Jess! (F)

07-13-06 - K1/K2 AOS/EAD sent

11-04-06 - 2 NOA's transfer to CSC

11-17-06 - "K1 APPROVED AOS" no interview

11-27-06 - "K1 - GREENCARD" rcvd.

01-23-07 - K2 GREENCARD rcvd.

08-20-08 - I-751 sent to Texas Service Center, transfer to VSC

08-26-08 - I-751 NOA1 & 1yr. Extension letter

09-18-08 - I-751 NOA2 - Biometrics Appointment Notice

03-11-09 - I-751 transfer from VSC to CSC!

05-13-09 - I-751 APPROVED

06-24-09 - card production ordered

08-20-09 - N400 - Citizenship Application

08-24-09 - NOA notice date

08-28-09 - NOA in mailbox

09-10-09 - email asking for more evidence

09-14-09 - Biometrics NOA date

09-18-09 - Biometrics Letter arrived in mailbox

10-09-09 - Biometrics Schedule

10-14-09 - Notice date of the yellow letter

10-30-09 - touched online for "testing & interview"

11-03-09 - IL received in mailbox

12-07-09 - "PASSED" Interview & it's my Hubby Bday too!

04-17-10 - Oath letter received in mailbox

05-14-10 - Judicial Oath atlast! in Atl

110 days - Application to Interview

158 days - Interview to Judicial Oath

268 days - Total processing days for my N400

welcome home Jess... I hate it that they interrogated you like that. They did the same thing to me when I came back from Jordan. I hope you have a happy holiday season with your family!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It seems once you marry a foreigner you lose your status as a US citizen, doesn't it. Sorry you had such a bad experience, and welcome home.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Interesting...

I haven't been in CBP since a lot of security stuff in regards to the ME/NA, but from my conversations with old colleagues that are still there, it appears that due to your frequent visits to Lebanon, you have become a person of interest. Their questioning was used to determine the nature of your visits... the reason that it was unpleasant was to determine if you were telling the truth about the nature of your visits. They were seeing how your reacted to the accusations and questions... this is a common interrogation tactic.

Sorry it was unpleasant, but on the flip side, you may not have to go through this again if the CBP was satisifed and they made a note of this on their records...

You should know that as a USC, you have the unequivocal right to be admitted to the US at any time. The only time that CBP can hold you for any length of time is if you are committing an immigration, customs, or other related violation...

Edited by zyggy

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Welcome back. :) Glad to hear you're back safe, even if the airport was a pain. Insha'Allah you won't have so much trouble next time.

I bet you're so excited about spending some time with your son. Will you get to see him soon?

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Welcome back! I'm sorry that you had such a hard time going through customs. Hopefully, it won't happen again. Enjoy your time with your family!

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

Filed: Timeline
Interesting...

I haven't been in CBP since a lot of security stuff in regards to the ME/NA, but from my conversations with old colleagues that are still there, it appears that due to your frequent visits to Lebanon, you have become a person of interest. Their questioning was used to determine the nature of your visits... the reason that it was unpleasant was to determine if you were telling the truth about the nature of your visits. They were seeing how your reacted to the accusations and questions... this is a common interrogation tactic.

Sorry it was unpleasant, but on the flip side, you may not have to go through this again if the CBP was satisifed and they made a note of this on their records...

You should know that as a USC, you have the unequivocal right to be admitted to the US at any time. The only time that CBP can hold you for any length of time is if you are committing an immigration, customs, or other related violation...

Very useful information. Thank you so much for sharing this.

it appears that due to your frequent visits to Lebanon, you have become a person of interest.

Hey Jess- looks like you are a person of interest! Welcome to the club! :innocent:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

welcome home jess - sorry for all the trouble w/ you getting in. hope your holiday is a little nicer.

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.