TEX_715

Bangkok Embassy accept co-sponsors... and other concerns

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Ok, Just got NOA2 and was starting to prepare for next steps. I noticed several people saying co-sponsors are no good in Bangkok on some older posts, is this still true? If so I may have a problem... just wondering if anyone has any input. I will list a few options that came to mind.

I meet the 100% level and could raise my monthly income by taking on more work to get up to 125% if that would help... It would not reflect on last years tax returns so I don't know if thats any good.

I could transfer the process to a different consulate, but Fiance is from Burma and they are known to be unfriendly to there residents marrying foreigners. I really don't know where else she could go to live...

Another thing I have considered is totally freaking out and hating myself for not catching this detail earlier. j/k

Any help advise is welcome

Thanks

Timeline

Well, a couple thoughts come to mind,

Yes I believe your understanding of sponsorship through the Thai Consulate is correct.

Regardless of what you do at the Consulate, You will need to meet 125% of poverty when you apply for AOS. So, you might as well find that income now and submit tax stubs, employment letters, and bank letters with the Packet 3.

This is just a personal thing, mostly because I've just been through it. Going in I wasn't aware of the total cost of the Visa process. It was a bit of a shock. When someone says they just meet the minimum financial requirements, I get a bit concerned. It would really be a bummer to get half way through this process and realize you don;t have enough money to finish the process. You should budget 4-5k to cover expenses and fees during the first twelve months after you file the 129.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Ok, Just got NOA2 and was starting to prepare for next steps. I noticed several people saying co-sponsors are no good in Bangkok on some older posts, is this still true? If so I may have a problem... just wondering if anyone has any input. I will list a few options that came to mind.

I meet the 100% level and could raise my monthly income by taking on more work to get up to 125% if that would help... It would not reflect on last years tax returns so I don't know if thats any good.

I could transfer the process to a different consulate, but Fiance is from Burma and they are known to be unfriendly to there residents marrying foreigners. I really don't know where else she could go to live...

Another thing I have considered is totally freaking out and hating myself for not catching this detail earlier. j/k

Any help advise is welcome

Thanks

How are you proving your income on the -134 for last year? Are you using tax transcripts? If you don't meet the level for 2013, can you give some sort of indication that you will? Pay stubs etc.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

Thanks for the input. And a little good news I found out is My income was over 125% for last year, but the reason I was concerned was because I am not on track to make as much this year. My work is in landscape supply so I don't work winters, and this last winter went to long into spring. Which brings up another question: How is seasonal work seen in the light of those reviewing I - 134 forms... I make a decent hourly wage, but have lay off time every year (which I have enjoyed up until now!).

Anyone have any experience with seasonal workers and I 134's?

Timeline

I was aware of the cost before (I though I had researched the procces well, missed a few details!), so luckily I have about 10,000$ savings for the process... Thinking of depositing all my paychecks, living cheaply, and selling any excess items I own to boost the amount of $ I can show to add to my finaces to show at 20% value. anyone think thats a good plan?

Timeline

Thanks for the input. And a little good news I found out is My income was over 125% for last year, but the reason I was concerned was because I am not on track to make as much this year. My work is in landscape supply so I don't work winters, and this last winter went to long into spring. Which brings up another question: How is seasonal work seen in the light of those reviewing I - 134 forms... I make a decent hourly wage, but have lay off time every year (which I have enjoyed up until now!).

Anyone have any experience with seasonal workers and I 134's?

I think you'll be fine showing them last years income, as well as what you have so far for 2013. There's still 4+ months left in 2013, so it would be hard for them to predict what you will end making by years end. Hopefully you have something fairly decent for 2013 that will show them that you are generating income.

Timeline

Wow, talk about coincidence! Same state same industry. Now don't tell me you live in 715 area code too.

In regards to showing my income, anyone think it would look suspicious if I got a raise right at the time of NOA2? My boss was saying on this topic he may be willing to increase my base pay if I don't go into overtime hours.

Timeline

You've got a 7 month wait between the NOA 2 and the interview. I would think 7 months at the new rate would be a good thing.

920 area code. The frozen tundra of L-------u Field

7 month wait?

Timeline

well it was actually 6 months for us, but I figure 7 months is a safe number

You had to wait 7 months between your NOA2 and the interview? Your time line shows about 45 days.

Edited by Karee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.