bonded23

required income for the I-134

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Sawadee all:

I have seen on the NVC website that the required income/assets for the sponsor is 100% of poverty level for a 2 person household (Annual income of $15510 or assets of 5 times that amount, so $77550) I can meet both of these, but not 125% of poverty level as has been stated is required at the U.S. Consulate in Bangkok by VisaJourney members.

Can anyone here verify what the NVC/U.S. Consulate in Bangkok will find acceptable on an I-134? -Kop khun kop, -David

The following is from: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html#9

Do the Same Income Requirements Apply to Form I-134 as Apply to Form I-864?

No. The 125 percent of the federal poverty guideline minimum income requirement, the most recent year's tax return, and other requirements only apply when Form I-864 is needed. Applicants presenting Form I-134 will need to show that their U.S. sponsor's income is 100 percent of the federal poverty guideline.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Sawadee all:

I have seen on the NVC website that the required income/assets for the sponsor is 100% of poverty level for a 2 person household (Annual income of $15510 or assets of 5 times that amount, so $77550) I can meet both of these, but not 125% of poverty level as has been stated is required at the U.S. Consulate in Bangkok by VisaJourney members.

Can anyone here verify what the NVC/U.S. Consulate in Bangkok will find acceptable on an I-134? -Kop khun kop, -David

The following is from: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html#9

No. The 125 percent of the federal poverty guideline minimum income requirement, the most recent year's tax return, and other requirements only apply when Form I-864 is needed. Applicants presenting Form I-134 will need to show that their U.S. sponsor's income is 100 percent of the federal poverty guideline.

It would help if you put which type of visa you are applying for in your profile. Next to your name it just says "other" NVC doesn't have anything to do with K visas. They just forward the approved petition on to the consulate.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Sawadee all:

You may want to think of a better way to frame these questions. As Karee points out it isn't clear what visa you would seek.

For a K 1 type you would submit the 134 directly to the embassy in BKK. It seems you know from your own statement they want to see 100%. This is done using several documents including a tax transcript and pay stub with YTD info.

If you seeks a C R 1 then you would submit the 864 to NVC where again we see in your statement they require 125%.

Timeline

OK folks. I did update my profile to show that we are applying for a a K1 visa through an I-129F. I am sorry if this Visa Journey website is too lame to show these updates, but it was done. Please bash someone else for these lacks of information, it was not me! We are applying for a K1 visa and have submitted an I-129F to the USCIS. My fiance' is Thai and lives in Thailand, so he will be interviewed by the U.S. Consulate in Bangkok. OK?

Edited by bonded23

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

OK folks. I have updated my profile to show that we are apply for a a K1 visa through a I-129F. I am sorry if this Visa Journey website is too lame to show these updates, but it has been done. Please bash someone else for these lacks of information, it was not me! We are applying for a K1 visa and have submitted an I-129F to the USCIS.

If the web site doesn't function as you think it should don't use it. If you do use it just make sure your questions are clear or you will end up even more frustrated and confused than you are now.

Nobody is " bashing " you. You post the info as you wish. The responses are worthless unless we know what the question is. You leave us to guess what you mean or simply ignore your question if we can even figure out what you want.

Help us help you by helping yourself or simply help yourself.

Timeline

The 125% of poverty is a requirement for AOS, It has nothing to do with the Embassy. If you meet 100% and use the 134 when filing a K-1, great, but when you get married and file for AOS you will need to meet the requirements of the 864 which is 125% or a cash equivalent.

Additionally you will need to produce bank statements and pay stubs showing a flow of income.

Just a bit of advice, you will be in this journey for a long time. It will be stressful and expensive. There are a lot of great people on this site, sniping at them will not get you the help you will need as time goes on.

Edited by slowlyman

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.