JAYANN & JAY

BANK STATEMENT

41 posts in this topic

I hope this will help.. hehe.. this paper was given to me at the ticketing booth along with our lucky number during our interview..

Along with the I-134, you would need to provide the ITR(1040) 2012 and W2 - 2012.. that's it.. the rest, you set it aside unless the Filipino officer will ask for it.. it's also good to be prepared but these are the docs USEM wants to look at first..

Prepare all these docs and hand it to the Filipino officer..

2733705_orig_zpsf037b163.jpg

Thanks, many questions lol. :D

It says to hand in the first two to window 39, then the other documents during the interview. Are these separate windows?

Who is the Filipino officer, as opposed to the consular officer that will be interviewing you? Which do you hand to the former, and which do you hand to the latter? Also, what did you hand in for the "proof of relationship with petitioner"? We will be arriving with tons of letters, packages, pictures, boarding passes, passport stamps, Skype/Yahoo/FB logs, etc, etc. Do we hand all those in with those other items listed?

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

Thanks, many questions lol. :D

It says to hand in the first two to window 39, then the other documents during the interview. Are these separate windows?

Who is the Filipino officer, as opposed to the consular officer that will be interviewing you? Which do you hand to the former, and which do you hand to the latter? Also, what did you hand in for the "proof of relationship with petitioner"? We will be arriving with tons of letters, packages, pictures, boarding passes, passport stamps, Skype/Yahoo/FB logs, etc, etc. Do we hand all those in with those other items listed?

Yes, bring all your files to the interview. It's an important day and it's a good idea to be prepared for anything.

The Filipino pre-screener will ask for the things on the list, and sometimes more. They may ask for some of your proof-of-relationship documents. The pre-screener will also ask some basic questions. The pre-screening takes just a couple of minutes or so.

Then you'll sit back down and wait for your interview with the consular officer. The consular officer may or may not ask you to submit something else. If anything, they usually like to look at your photos. The interview will be over with faster than a hungry man can eat his lunch.

There's tons of reviews on the topic: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Philippines

My theory is that the Filipino caseworkers in the IV unit make the decisions and the consular officer rubber stamps them.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Its ok for him to bring like a small backpack to the embassy right? He wants to bring a small backpack just to put the binder and folder he will be bringing for the interview. i had to remind him not to take any electronics.

No issue with a small backpack, my wife bought a shoulder bag that was pretty good sized.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

The words "required" and "must" are used throughout the Manila embassy letter. The words "should" and "may" are used only in some instances, so I interpret these as things that are not required. The employment letter is one of these, as is the tax returns/W-2s and I-134. They are not required, but suggested.

Leon, you might want to listen up to those who have gone before, and to those who have seen many RFEs for various reasons. If you think an I-134 is not required, you are crazy. Not only is it REQUIRED, but it must have an ORIGINAL SIGNATURE by the petitioner. Not a copy. How do I know? We tried to pass a copy, and only when it was asked for, but the CO actually felt the signature for an indentation. My wife did not give anything unless it was asked for, and the I-134 was asked for.

Then again,the consul asked for my ITR and W-2. She asked my wife if I support her and send her money, and when my wife said yes, she was asked to show a bank statement. Was it necessary? No. Would it have gotten her denied if she DIDN'T have it? Prolly not, since it's not required. Another consul nearby did not ask the interviewee for a bank statement, according to my wife. If we had used WU or Xomm, she would probably have asked for proof from them, too.

Another thing asked for was a copy of MY passport, because the CO asked if I had gone to the PI to meet my wife and her family. Yes. Can I see a copy of his passport? Yes. She actually looked for my PI entry visa. Was it required to take? No. Would it have caused an RFE if Roxy didn't have it? I doubt it, but no one can say for sure.

But as Hank said, there is a LOT of paranoid info propagated here. There was back when we did ours. I remember someone telling folks here that ALL docs had to be originals, and original signatures. Hay naku. SO not true. The ONLY original doc required was the I-134. Everything else I sent via email. Accurate info is what should be put out here, for the sake of others.

Another variable, and I think it is huge, is which CO you get, and his/her mood. My wife said she had a nice female CO, very polite, and very simple. But nearby, there was a male CO that was asking a LOT more questions, and 2-3 people had to come back for a second interview to provide more evidence. Can't say what they were missing, whether it was an original I-134 or a bank statement. But she said he looked mad at everyone, and she was thankful not to have gotten him. Maybe he was having a bad day. Maybe he just enjoyed being an ###. Who knows? But it DOES matter.

Timeline

The words "required" and "must" are used throughout the Manila embassy letter. The words "should" and "may" are used only in some instances, so I interpret these as things that are not required. The employment letter is one of these, as is the tax returns/W-2s and I-134. They are not required, but suggested.

The way I read it is as such:

Required by the Embassy in their instructions letter ("must"):

Evidence of support.

Suggested by the Embassy in their instructions letter as forms of this evidence ("should" and "may"):

I-134

Tax returns and W-2s

Letter from employer

Bank statements

Suggested and practiced by many VJ readers as forms of this evidence, with good results:

I-134

Tax returns and W-2s OR tax returns

Letter from employer

Pay stubs

And, for future reference to avoid any recurrance of this exchange, when I suggest any of that latter list, I am not saying any of it is required, per the above.

Interesting that you consider should and may to mean about the same.... but like said I am not going to play word games... have a good time with that.

I try to give guidance for completing the interview process with the least amount of hassle, using information from government websites not hearsay, or paranoia.

- Robb & Ann posted good info.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Interesting that you consider should and may to mean about the same....

Hank, in my military/governmental sphere of influence, they are used interchangeably along with CAN. As are SHALL and WILL and MUST.

But I'm with ya, no need to play word games with a CO. You may not lose, but you will surely not win. At the end of the day, lots of things happen at the whim of the CO. And trying to explain to him/her that should does not mean shall will probably get you about as far as talking on your cell phone while waiting...

But since words DO mean things, let's review from the USEM instructions:

"A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form with original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be

financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income
tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank
statements may be included to substantiate the I-134. Download Form I-134 at..."
Now, Leon, do you still think the I-134 is optional? If you truly believe that, how about not sending one to the interview? Or better yet, do like I did... send it, make sure it's with original signature, but tell your fiance not to present it unless it is asked for. Withhold it until it's requested, and let's see if it is.
Edited by DavenRoxy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For USEM Appointment/Interview,

Put the following together:

DS forms, appointment letter and passport

=these will be initially presented to the greeters in their booth or tent before going through security screening;they will staple the ds forms and appointment letter together and put a barcode sticker on the back of the passport then they will return these to the applicant

=there are no tables outside the embassy, so if one will bring a lot of things, make sure that it will be easier to get these forms..

=at the waiting area, the greeters (ladies in blue shirt) will collect these.. hand it to them so ur number will flash on the monitors right away for the biometrics (after they submit these forms inside the Annex bldg)

= DO NOT forget to put NONE or N/A in empty boxes/lines on the DS forms

==wait for ur number to flash on the monitors for the biometrics=

- Passport will either be collected during the biometrics or during the interview with the Fil. officer

==after the biometrics, wait for ur number to flash on the monitors for the interview with the Fil officer==

====

For the Filipino Officer/consul:

Put all of these together in one folder/envelop (whichever u prefer.. mine, i just took it from my case file and hold it while waiting for my number to flash on the screen for the interview with the Fil officer. When I was in front of the officer's window, i hand these to him):

-NSO Birth certificate

-CENOMAR

-NBI

-I134 with original signature

-Latest ITR (2012)

-Latest W2 (2012)

and the rest, put in separate folder/envelop/sections(whichever u prefer and makes u easier to get them).. the consul will just ask if they want to see something else.. as for me, i was only asked to present pictures of me and Robb for the proof of relationship with the Petitioner..

the Filipino officer will also look for the BPI Receipt.. I asked if i can give the photocopy (the officer agreed but still wants to see the original copy of the receipt so i showed it to him smile.png

As for the American consul, no documents were asked from me.. but it is also a case to case basis at the embassy so just ready the other docs you have..

Leon...Take no chances. Send your fiancée to her interview and to the CFO seminar loaded for bear.

And, yes, the pre-screener will require an I-134. You can take that to the bank.

Timeline

On the embassy website it states the I-134 is required as is the most recent tax return and W-2... yup the word required is used. It may not use the word required in the instructions letter but it is on the embassy website information.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

TBone stated it better than I can:

Your success and your comfort level throughout your visa journey depends on your ability to read accurately and to interpret that information literally

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Jayann!! My fiance earns 30-35K yours is higher. I still brought his 3-month bank statement (e-statement) but the two CO interviewers didn't ask for it ;-) I know we applicants tend to exaggerate bringing documents just in case HAHAH but what's written in the instruction letter is nothing more, nothing less. :-D

// OUR K1 VISA JOURNEY //

12/29/2012 - I-129F Packet Sent
01/09/2013 - NOA 1
06/19/2013 - NOA 2
07/12/2013 - Our Case Was Shipped to NVC
07/19/2013 - Called NVC And Got A MNL Case Number
07/22/2013 - Scheduled Interview Online (August 12th)
07/29-30/2013 - SLEC Read my Medical Exam Review
08/12/2013 - Interview Read My Review | Documents I prepared | Tracking my Visa status
08/16/2013 - Visa On Hand Pick up via 2GO MOA
08/27/2013 - CFO seminar and sticker Read my CFO experience
09/01/2013 – POE To U.S.
09/14/2013 - Got married

// AOS Journey //

10/03/2013 - Sent AOS Packet via USPS Priority | My AOS Packet

10/10/2013 - NOA 1 received via text and email (AOS, AP, and EAD) AOS Acceptance 10/09, AP and EAD Initial Review 10/07

10/14/2013 - NOA received via mail (AOS, AP, and EAD)

10/21/2013 - Letter for Biomettrics appointment received

11/04/2013 - RFE from checking online

11/07/2013 - Biometrics

11/08/2013 - Received the RFE letter in the mail & sent RFE on the same day!!

11/14/2013 - RFE respond received

12/04/2013 - I-485 Family-based Card in production (a.m.) then went to Decision (p.m.) - NO interview

12/09/2013 - Green Card was mailed!

12/11/2013 - GC received! 2 months and 1 day from the NOA1

Read how we expedite our case

// EAD/AP //

Terminated as Green Card was approved first.

You can also view my Timeline

Let's use the word appropriately.
From Merriam - Webster -
Definition of Paranoia;
1 : a psychosis characterized by systematized delusions of persecution or grandeur usually without hallucinations
2 : a tendency on the part of an individual or group toward excessive or irrational suspiciousness and distrustfulness of others.
When my wife & I were going through the Visa application process....2008-2009....We read multiple VJ threads (current & past) of beneficiaries being delayed with RFEs, AP'd, sent to the fraud unit and or denied. The primary reason for the delays, extra scrutiny & denial = Incomplete paperwork, lack of evidence or all out cheating the system. Additionally - Seemed COs were more in the Biz of qualifying the quality of a relationship. (I downloaded & read the entire CO field manual in 2009 = used to include 3 red flags requiring automatic fraud unit review. 2011 was last time I reviewed the manual - 3 flag requirement was not there anymore)
Based on VJ status reports starting 2010 - IMO - Manila COs are handing out approvals with less delay / scrutiny. 221g for income is the most frequent delay. Agreed?
We came up in the same school of thought as Tahoma = Be loaded for Bear = I prefer to do the job one time knowing it's right versus several times due to an RFE coz I went in with a maybe or probably or let's just hope.
The old cliché - "ifs and buts were candy and nuts - we'd all be set for Xmas".
Irrational Suspiciousness is often subjectively qualified. In the visa game - meticulous is a good thing.
Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

We came up in the same school of thought as Tahoma = Be loaded for Bear = I prefer to do the job one time knowing it's right versus several times due to an RFE coz I went in with a maybe or probably or let's just hope.
The old cliché - "ifs and buts were candy and nuts - we'd all be set for Xmas".
Irrational Suspiciousness is often subjectively qualified. In the visa game - meticulous is a good thing.

Ditto.

Being "loaded" is never a bad thing but apparently, some people are trying to "outsmart" the CO with a "minimalist" attitude.

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Interview with the Filipino officer is like an HR interview, they will get the documents from you then be used later on by the CO (mine was a nice American lady) for your final interview. I felt like I was applying for a job literally that's what I felt!!!

When I handed the "proof of relationship" the Filipino officer didn't take it and said just give it to the next interviewer (American CO). But the American CO didn't look for it, instead she only asked for our photos. The other applicant who I became instant friends with, she was asked to show their photo album and some screenshot of chats and call logs. COs are really random!! It really depends on interviewer if he/she will be asking for ALL proofs.

// OUR K1 VISA JOURNEY //

12/29/2012 - I-129F Packet Sent
01/09/2013 - NOA 1
06/19/2013 - NOA 2
07/12/2013 - Our Case Was Shipped to NVC
07/19/2013 - Called NVC And Got A MNL Case Number
07/22/2013 - Scheduled Interview Online (August 12th)
07/29-30/2013 - SLEC Read my Medical Exam Review
08/12/2013 - Interview Read My Review | Documents I prepared | Tracking my Visa status
08/16/2013 - Visa On Hand Pick up via 2GO MOA
08/27/2013 - CFO seminar and sticker Read my CFO experience
09/01/2013 – POE To U.S.
09/14/2013 - Got married

// AOS Journey //

10/03/2013 - Sent AOS Packet via USPS Priority | My AOS Packet

10/10/2013 - NOA 1 received via text and email (AOS, AP, and EAD) AOS Acceptance 10/09, AP and EAD Initial Review 10/07

10/14/2013 - NOA received via mail (AOS, AP, and EAD)

10/21/2013 - Letter for Biomettrics appointment received

11/04/2013 - RFE from checking online

11/07/2013 - Biometrics

11/08/2013 - Received the RFE letter in the mail & sent RFE on the same day!!

11/14/2013 - RFE respond received

12/04/2013 - I-485 Family-based Card in production (a.m.) then went to Decision (p.m.) - NO interview

12/09/2013 - Green Card was mailed!

12/11/2013 - GC received! 2 months and 1 day from the NOA1

Read how we expedite our case

// EAD/AP //

Terminated as Green Card was approved first.

You can also view my Timeline

Interview with the Filipino officer is like an HR interview, they will get the documents from you then be used later on by the CO (mine was a nice American lady) for your final interview. I felt like I was applying for a job literally that's what I felt!!!

When I handed the "proof of relationship" the Filipino officer didn't take it and said just give it to the next interviewer (American CO). But the American CO didn't look for it, instead she only asked for our photos. The other applicant who I became instant friends with, she was asked to show their photo album and some screenshot of chats and call logs. COs are really random!! It really depends on interviewer if he/she will be asking for ALL proofs.

Yeah, it's definitely better to be overprepared than underprepared and sorry.

barata-gif-3.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.