Jahan&Veena

First job interview experience

8 posts in this topic

I had an interview for a job today!

I was contacted by this company from CareerBuilder.com without me applying for this job. I had seen this job posted on CareerBuilder and it was perfect for me...IT field, good salary and a great benefits package. I never applied because of not having the stupid EAD.

Well, they called me and told they saw my resume on CareerBuilder and wanted me to come for an interview! Although I was excited, I told them about the EAD situation and that I expected it to come early January. They still wanted me to come. They contacted me just one day after I achieved my A+ Certification :dance: (last Monday)

So today I went for the interview, passed all tests and the interview! The lady said that the next training batch will start on Dec 11, 2006 and then another training group will start in January for which they hadn't finalized the dates yet and gave me her business card asking me to call her as soon as I get the EAD. She said if I get it before Dec 11, 2006 [which shows she doesn't know what the USCIS is like!] then they will start me from Dec 11...was very nice to hear but I know this isnt happening :(

So now I am excited I have a good job, I was so stressed all this time thinking what the job hunting process is going to be like. That stress is now gone, but now I am stressed thinking "Will the USCIS send the EAD on time??" :angry:

I know we had a RFE for I-485 but some people still got their EAD within the first 90 months, hopefully we will be among them.

Anyways, thought to share my first US-job interview experience with you all.

Jahan.

Click here for our complete timeline; from K1 all the way to citizenship.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on the successful job interview. I am pretty sure you will be receiving your EAD any time now..... so you should be set to go.

Good luck.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

congrats on your success! :thumbs: i'll keep my fingers crossed that the EAD or GC comes through in time for you.

i myself am terrified of going on interviews. i was at my last company for 17yrs so obviously my interview skills are lacking.

k

congrats on your success! :thumbs: i'll keep my fingers crossed that the EAD or GC comes through in time for you.

i myself am terrified of going on interviews. i was at my last company for 17yrs so obviously my interview skills are lacking.

k

Thanks KiminOn for your best wishes, the way us VJers support each other is so wonderful! I too was nervous about the interview but kept pretending that I wasnt :no: I was nervous because this would be the best job I have ever had...nothing was even near the same as this one in the UK so I did not want to miss this opportunity.

17 yrs is a long time, its no wonder you lack interview skills. But this will also go to your advantage I am sure as it shows your commitment. You will be fine, good luck!!

Jahan

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Congrats for the job offer ! A lot of employers don't have any faintest ideas on how USCIS works, so hopefully everything will work out for you. I wish my job hunting was as easy as yours...

Me- Indonesia & hubby - US

married in Vancouver, Canada

USCIS-free for 10 years !

It must have been very exciting getting a call from them! Wow! You must be exactly what they're looking for. I have my fingers crossed and I'll say a little prayer that you get your EAD soon! Congratulations!

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

I just found out today that our AOS application has been transferred to CSC, which is good news in a way but now I hope that USCIS will either send the Green Card on time but if not, they will still complete my EAD on time...

Will keep you all updated! Thanks again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.