jola83

how long should i expect to wait for interview date?

251 posts in this topic

I know what you mean.. its just tough when family are breathing down your neck trying to get certainties out of you! I really dont want to disappoint anyone.

Out of interest, do you know what kind of average time people are waiting for their visa delivery? We opted to have it delivered to the south london depot because we can drive there in an hour instead of waiting extra days for delivery.

Yea thats not a bad idea. I think "on average" people are waiting around 5-6 working days. But im going to monitor the recent visa interviewees to see how long its taking them

and maybe add 2-3 days to that for people getting courier delivery

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

So is it quicker to just have the visa sent to one of those stated places instead of a home address?.I know from looking at the options on website there is a place as the next town from me but I'd rather take that drive when the time comes if it means me getting my visa quicker

So is it quicker to just have the visa sent to one of those stated places instead of a home address?.I know from looking at the options on website there is a place as the next town from me but I'd rather take that drive when the time comes if it means me getting my visa quicker

Jola any news? Any sniff of packet 4?

Our Story AoS
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand

on the 23rd of august DOS gave me that interview date and packet 4 arrived on the 29th x

Our Story AoS

K1

[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)

Timeline

Hmm my last update was 30th August.if the theory that dos don't know what they are talking about

Is right that would be the day they assigned it

Hmm my last update was 30th August.if the theory that dos don't know what they are talking about

Is right that would be the day they assigned it

does seem to be around 5-7 days from when it is assigned to getting the letter. I would not rely on the CEAC site update meaning anything, I have my appt letter dated 23 Aug but my case on CEAC has not updated since 15 Aug and I think that was receipt of docs and medical.

Timeline

does seem to be around 5-7 days from when it is assigned to getting the letter. I would not rely on the CEAC site update meaning anything, I have my appt letter dated 23 Aug but my case on CEAC has not updated since 15 Aug and I think that was receipt of docs and medical.

Yea I've heard of people not getting updated for certain things but I got two random updates which dos can't even see for some reason.the same thing happened to someone else on here and it turns out it was the logging of their medical

Yea I've heard of people not getting updated for certain things but I got two random updates which dos can't even see for some reason.the same thing happened to someone else on here and it turns out it was the logging of their medical

I would guess your update on 30th is a good sign, they seem to send stuff out on Fridays, mine was 23rd yours 30th., your medical was one day after mine so maybe you just missed that fridays. Hope you get your letter this week.

I had my medical 3 weeks ago (I sent in all the Packet 3 forms well before that) and still haven't been assigned an interview date. This is getting very tedious...

Timeline

I had my medical 3 weeks ago (I sent in all the Packet 3 forms well before that) and still haven't been assigned an interview date. This is getting very tedious...

Do u know if your forms have been logged?. Its comming up for five weeks for me.I received a email reply from the embassy today asking what date I sent my forms, tedious indeed

Yes, I sent my forms in July; but I only had my medical 3 weeks ago because I was visiting my fiance in the US most of July and August. My status on CEAC says:

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment.

which I presume means they have the forms.

I also wrote the embassy a couple of weeks ago to notify them of my revised wedding date and change of address, didn't get a reply.

Good luck!

Kate

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It probably will go just fine. There are hundreds and hundreds of offices across the US. Some have workers who, like your lawyer, think a K1 is not eligible or don't know how to find the name or any other crazy story. K1s are eligible for 90 days, but the SSA won't process the application when there is only 2 weeks left of your 90 days.

Print off this from the SSA which clearly says a K1 is eligible for a card. if somebody says NO, don't get frustrated and leave. Ask for a supurvisor and try to be helped. https://secure.ssa.gov/apps10/poms.nsf/lnx/0110211530

My husband had no issues at all. We were already married and had applied for AOS. There is no need for them to ask if you are married. But there is also no telling what any one of thousands of workers might do because a K1 is a rare thing to them.

Just wanted to follow up on this...we printed out our I-94 and had the backup printed out from your post just in case...we went to the SS office on Friday. We were lucky in that we had a very short wait, and had a lovely girl who was very knowledgeable about K-1s and said no problem, this will just take me a couple minutes. We thought we were in the clear...

Unfortunately, my fiance's mom gave him two middle names for some long reason and our lovely Immigration Dept put his first name and his two middle names in the first name field on his paperwork...and it all doesn't fit in the box on the Social Security Card...you can't make these things up. rolleyes.gif so she said they have contacted Immigration and it could take more than a month to rectify...they gave us a notification to follow up in a month if we haven't heard anything....we could have had the card in 3 days otherwise. We of course called his mom to razz her about giving him so many names. :D

But once again, had we listened to our attorney instead of you and others on this board saying not to wait until we were married to apply for the SSN, we would have been behind another month since we're not being married until the end of this month...I hope we will still be able to file everything right after the wedding with this little snafu...lol - expect the unexpected in this process huh?

...I hope we will still be able to file everything right after the wedding with this little snafu...lol - expect the unexpected in this process huh?

Well, you tried. You don't need a SSN to file, so the snafu won't matter.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.