4,764 posts in this topic

Just so I am reading this right, the August filers on this list have their NOA2? or does the X mean unknown or doesn't have?

Where do the August filers seem to be going? and do their transfer notices state the "60 days" still?

USCIS

August 22nd 2013: NOA 1

February 18th : Transferred to California

February 26th : NOA 2

March 3rd : NOA 2 Hard Copy

NVC

March 7th 2014: Case received by NVC

April 4th 2014: NVC Case# and IN #Received

xxxx: AOS Bill Invoiced & Paid

xxxx: AOS Bill showing paid

xxxx: AOS Packet sent (electronic)

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Just so I am reading this right, the August filers on this list have their NOA2? or does the X mean unknown or doesn't have?

Where do the August filers seem to be going? and do their transfer notices state the "60 days" still?

Nobody from August has their NOA2 IF you don't count the expedites

We just started transferring last week.

Indeed X means unknown.

Meaning we do not know which SC it went to - if it has been transferred.

We have not received any transfer notices to answer your last question.

Hope this helps.

Nobody from August has their NOA2 IF you don't count the expedites

We just started transferring last week.

Indeed X means unknown.

Meaning we do not know which SC it went to - if it has been transferred.

We have not received any transfer notices to answer your last question.

Hope this helps.

I know you have JUST started transferring, i was asking about the "X's", which I know know what they mean.

Anyway, lets hope that they transfer all of August by the end of February. I think this is possible, and would mean that (if we go by the 60 days) we should see approvals starting, and hopefully ending, in April right?

USCIS

NVC

Timeline

I know you have JUST started transferring, i was asking about the "X's", which I know know what they mean.

Anyway, lets hope that they transfer all of August by the end of February. I think this is possible, and would mean that (if we go by the 60 days) we should see approvals starting, and hopefully ending, in April right?

I am inclined to support your forecast except that CIS is extremely unpredictable.

As you know, August has 14-20% less applications than May.

Now, If I were an efficient bureaucrat interested in making senior management decisions that make your (and my life) easier, I'd probably transfer this lower aggregate volume at a faster rate.

We are instead dealing with USCIS instead.

So, I anticipate slower (and lesser number of) transfers spread out past february.

To give you a concrete example, before August, they were transferring every third day.

Now they're transferring once a week.

At least thats what it looks like to me :(

I hope I'm wrong bro

Edited by aditya3245

I am inclined to support your forecast except that CIS is extremely unpredictable.

As you know, August has 14-20% less applications than May.

Now, If I were an efficient bureaucrat interested in making senior management decisions that make your (and my life) easier, I'd probably transfer this lower aggregate volume at a faster rate.

We are instead dealing with USCIS instead.

So, I anticipate slower (and lesser number of) transfers spread out past february.

To give you a concrete example, before August, they were transferring every third day.

Now they're transferring once a week.

At least thats what it looks like to me sad.png

I hope I'm wrong bro

You make good points, and i think that is the issue, it is just totally unpredictable. I mean, how can they approve so many July petitions and ignore so many others.

I think we may be screwed here, stuck between the July fast rate and the October "direct to service centre" petitions!

USCIS

NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Total Tranfers / Total approvels / %

March 131 / 93 / 71%

April 147 / 107 / 73%

May 88 / 22 / 25%

June 81 / 25 / 31%

july 81 / 27 / 34

This all data is from Spredsheet. As we can see, July is way ahead of May and June.

July seems luckiest month of 2013.

Edited by Deep35472

Please come and join our friendly I-130 filers Immigration Visa Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/297983330378608/

My Visa journey

Service center : National service center.

Consulate : Mumbai, India.

07-14-2013: Marriage

08-12-2013: I-130 PD

11-04-2013: I-129F PD

02-21-2014: NOA2 for I-130( I-129F closed)

03-11-2014: NVC received case

03-19-2014: NVC sent case back to USCIS

04-07-2014: USCIS got the case

sent case back to NVC again :P

4/11/2014: NVC case number assigned.

4/21/2014: AOS and IV fees Paid.

4/24/2014: DS-260 submitted.

5/01/2014: AOS packet scanned

5/01/2014: IV packet scanned

5/21/2014: case completed. Woooowwww

6/26/2014: Medical Day

7/13/2014: Biometrics day

07/14/2014: Interview date ( First Anniversary) (L)(L)(L)

Total Tranfers / Total approvels / %

March 131 / 93 / 71%

April 147 / 107 / 73%

May 88 / 22 / 25%

June 81 / 25 / 31%

july 81 / 27 / 34

This all data is from Spredsheet. As we can see, July is way ahead of May and June.

July seems luckiest month of 2013.

It still paints a pretty bleak picture for being approved in April, March and April are at only 70% ish while May - June are only 1/3 done!

USCIS

NVC

Timeline

It still paints a pretty bleak picture for being approved in April, March and April are at only 70% ish while May - June are only 1/3 done!

Actually that might not bode so bad for us.

As bad as it sounds, the fact that they're focussing on incoming months is actually not that bad (for us as Augusters)

The reason they processed July super-fast is because they can now claim 6 month processing (between July 2013 and Jan 2014).

Something tells me August will ALSO do this well.

~~~~~

UNLESS, their plan is to consolidate everything between March and July and NOT transfer ANYBODY - I think at least 30% of August filers are about to get very lucky and get their NOA2 when February finishes.

~~~~~~

Also they are extremely unpredictable - so they're probably going to be haphazard about everything.

Its quite Machiavellian how they're going to pitt May-June filers against July-August filers.

Good job Janet napolitano !

I hope your piece of ###### immigration reform bill never passes.

Edited by aditya3245

Also, to keep up the hopeful spirit, it seems like the majority of the volume of DACA has been dealt with, and Phillipines expedites have now been mostly pulled out of the piles and processed, (since there don't seem to be as many of them getting NOA2s now) so the workers can go back to "business as usual" and process the regular applications a little bit more quickly. Everybody's processing seems to be speeding up - a month or so ago, hardly anybody who wasn't a Phillipines expedite was getting approved, and now it seems to be pretty across the board.

In addition, since last week was a short week for federal employees in the US (MLK day), it may be that we only wound up with one transfer day in the week rather than 2 as a result of that.

Of course, we have no idea what they're really doing in there, but I continue to be hopeful that barring another disaster that pushes us to the back of the line again, we can reasonably expect that the pace will be picking up for everybody. I think that if they really do want to get the processing times back to reasonable levels, they will be able to do it now.

And you never know, maybe they'll actually start processing the volumes of files they want to at NBC... eventually they'd hoped to be able to process all the stand alone i-130s there, and not transfer them at all, right? Has anybody in KC or Overland Park driven by the building designated for NBC lately? Does it look like people have moved in yet? If and when that facility is up and running to capacity, I imagine that the transfers will stop and they'll process what they have at the Overland Park facility.

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

Also, to keep up the hopeful spirit, it seems like the majority of the volume of DACA has been dealt with, and Phillipines expedites have now been mostly pulled out of the piles and processed, (since there don't seem to be as many of them getting NOA2s now) so the workers can go back to "business as usual" and process the regular applications a little bit more quickly. Everybody's processing seems to be speeding up - a month or so ago, hardly anybody who wasn't a Phillipines expedite was getting approved, and now it seems to be pretty across the board.

In addition, since last week was a short week for federal employees in the US (MLK day), it may be that we only wound up with one transfer day in the week rather than 2 as a result of that.

Of course, we have no idea what they're really doing in there, but I continue to be hopeful that barring another disaster that pushes us to the back of the line again, we can reasonably expect that the pace will be picking up for everybody. I think that if they really do want to get the processing times back to reasonable levels, they will be able to do it now.

And you never know, maybe they'll actually start processing the volumes of files they want to at NBC... eventually they'd hoped to be able to process all the stand alone i-130s there, and not transfer them at all, right? Has anybody in KC or Overland Park driven by the building designated for NBC lately? Does it look like people have moved in yet? If and when that facility is up and running to capacity, I imagine that the transfers will stop and they'll process what they have at the Overland Park facility.

You make a good point, however i wonder why the "average times" posted actually went UP rather than down?

I would love to be optimistic, and i would be if there was some sort of process we could follow.... trouble is you are either in the group that is lucky, or you wait 9 + months.

However, correct me if i am wrong, there are not to many over then 9 months still to go now?

I see you can't comment on this now!

http://uscisconnect.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Give-US-Citizen-I-130-I-129F-Petitions-Proper-Priority/461215-24738

USCIS

NVC

You make a good point, however i wonder why the "average times" posted actually went UP rather than down?

I would love to be optimistic, and i would be if there was some sort of process we could follow.... trouble is you are either in the group that is lucky, or you wait 9 + months.

However, correct me if i am wrong, there are not to many over then 9 months still to go now?

I see you can't comment on this now!

http://uscisconnect.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Give-US-Citizen-I-130-I-129F-Petitions-Proper-Priority/461215-24738

hmm....archived as "off topic" now...nice move lol..unreal

USCIS:

I-130 RECEIVED: 8/2/13

I-129f RECEIVED: 8/21/13

I-130 & I-129f: TRANSFERRED TO CSC 2/7/14

I-130 & I-129f: APPROVED 2/20/14

NVC:

3/4/14: NVC Case Received

3/7/14: Email that case number and IIN assigned, DS 261 and AOS fee available to pay

3/14/14: JUST seen the email because I wasn't expecting it so soon. Paid AOS FEE & filed ds 261

3/21/14: AOS paid, cover sheet printed

4/28/14: AOS sent

4/28/14: IV paid

5/5/14: IV submitted

in the process of sending civil docs for IV package...thennnnnn...dun dun...NOOOO checklist i hope! lol

sad.pngsad.pngsad.pngsad.pngsad.pngsad.pngunsure.png

yes sir.

you are correct

At the moment is there many over 9 months. From what I see, most are around 8 months, even those at TSC & NBC or am i completely wrong?

USCIS

NVC

At the moment is there many over 9 months. From what I see, most are around 8 months, even those at TSC & NBC or am i completely wrong?

Actually i just looked at the April/May filers.... many of them are at 9 months and still waiting for action! this is a joke!

USCIS

NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.