4,764 posts in this topic

It was actually mentioned during the initial consultation with the lawyers, that we had a particular circumstance where it would go directly to the Embassy and would be rather quick. I just didn't two and two together until now.

Just emailed my partner. She's calling the lawyers tonight if we don't get an email back from them by evening UK time.

Wife called the attorneys. She asked to speak with our lawyer directly, he wasn't available. (No surprise.) Asked to speak with our case manager. She was there, but didn't want to talk to us as the lawyer was going to respond to our email directly.

I don't want to read too much into this, but it's giving off the impression that things aren't as straightforward as a "We did it because of X." reason if the case worker is passing the buck back to the lawyer.

Our journey started long before the NOA1 - read about it here.

Timeline:

June 2001 - Met

October 13, 2006 - Married

December 26, 2006 - Moved to the UK

June 26, 2013 - DOMA struck down as unconstitutional

August 05, 2013 - Lawyers sent I-130 to US-based service center

August 07, 2013 - NOA 1 from NBC

January 2014 - Contacted US Embassy in London, decided to file through DCF, fired lawyers

January 26, 2014 - Withdrawal letter mailed to NBC

February 01, 2014 - New I-130 filed with London Embassy, waiting on withdrawal of 1st I-130

February 05, 2014 - First I-130 transferred

February 10, 2014 - Second Withdrawal letter mailed, faxed & emailed to CA Service Center

February 13, 2014 - London accepts our second I-130 application (emailed notification)

February 18, 2014 - NOA1 received, dated for Feb 13th.

February 25, 2014 - Notice received that first I-130 officially withdrawn by California Service Center

March 15, 2014 - NOA2 received, dated for March 13th.

March 28, 2014 - LND number received via post

April 04, 2014 - Medical appointment

May 15, 2014 - Readiness completed

May 30, 2014 - Appointment date received

June 05, 2014 - Interview date - APPROVED!!! Issued same day.

June 11, 2014 - Visa in hand.

July 30, 2014 - POE in Shannon, Ireland - then onto Boston and home!!

Wife called the attorneys. She asked to speak with our lawyer directly, he wasn't available. (No surprise.) Asked to speak with our case manager. She was there, but didn't want to talk to us as the lawyer was going to respond to our email directly.

I don't want to read too much into this, but it's giving off the impression that things aren't as straightforward as a "We did it because of X." reason if the case worker is passing the buck back to the lawyer.

Im not sure on your background, so i cant judge your case, but i don't see why you cant DCF, as long as you meet the criteria....

.... From what i see, many people don't use lawyers for DCF in London.....

USCIS

August 22nd 2013: NOA 1

February 18th : Transferred to California

February 26th : NOA 2

March 3rd : NOA 2 Hard Copy

NVC

March 7th 2014: Case received by NVC

April 4th 2014: NVC Case# and IN #Received

xxxx: AOS Bill Invoiced & Paid

xxxx: AOS Bill showing paid

xxxx: AOS Packet sent (electronic)

Im not sure on your background, so i cant judge your case, but i don't see why you cant DCF, as long as you meet the criteria....

.... From what i see, many people don't use lawyers for DCF in London.....

From everything I've checked out today, we check all the boxes for a DCF. I'm US citizen, she's UK citizen, we married in the USA 7 years ago. I moved over to the UK a month after that on a spousal visa. Been living here, gainfully employed, have a 3yo son (dual citizen). No police issues, no health issues, no previously denied visas (she had a student visa for a year, ended when course did), enough money to support ourselves.

The DCF looks pretty straightforward as well. We certainly won't be laying down any more cash to get the lawyers to sort it out if that's the route we take.

Our journey started long before the NOA1 - read about it here.

Timeline:

June 2001 - Met

October 13, 2006 - Married

December 26, 2006 - Moved to the UK

June 26, 2013 - DOMA struck down as unconstitutional

August 05, 2013 - Lawyers sent I-130 to US-based service center

August 07, 2013 - NOA 1 from NBC

January 2014 - Contacted US Embassy in London, decided to file through DCF, fired lawyers

January 26, 2014 - Withdrawal letter mailed to NBC

February 01, 2014 - New I-130 filed with London Embassy, waiting on withdrawal of 1st I-130

February 05, 2014 - First I-130 transferred

February 10, 2014 - Second Withdrawal letter mailed, faxed & emailed to CA Service Center

February 13, 2014 - London accepts our second I-130 application (emailed notification)

February 18, 2014 - NOA1 received, dated for Feb 13th.

February 25, 2014 - Notice received that first I-130 officially withdrawn by California Service Center

March 15, 2014 - NOA2 received, dated for March 13th.

March 28, 2014 - LND number received via post

April 04, 2014 - Medical appointment

May 15, 2014 - Readiness completed

May 30, 2014 - Appointment date received

June 05, 2014 - Interview date - APPROVED!!! Issued same day.

June 11, 2014 - Visa in hand.

July 30, 2014 - POE in Shannon, Ireland - then onto Boston and home!!

From everything I've checked out today, we check all the boxes for a DCF. I'm US citizen, she's UK citizen, we married in the USA 7 years ago. I moved over to the UK a month after that on a spousal visa. Been living here, gainfully employed, have a 3yo son (dual citizen). No police issues, no health issues, no previously denied visas (she had a student visa for a year, ended when course did), enough money to support ourselves.

The DCF looks pretty straightforward as well. We certainly won't be laying down any more cash to get the lawyers to sort it out if that's the route we take.

Exactly! Still speak to your lawyer though, the rub is you need to withdraw your previous petition (after 5 months!) so

You take a risk, but you can mail USCIS London and ask them to confirm.

I'm not sure how bad withdrawing an i130 then refilling is?

Or just chance it, send a petition off ASAP and see what they say, they can only say no right

USCIS

NVC

Canary, still here to report ....NOTHING!

USCIS:

I-130 RECEIVED: 8/2/13

I-129f RECEIVED: 8/21/13

I-130 & I-129f: TRANSFERRED TO CSC 2/7/14

I-130 & I-129f: APPROVED 2/20/14

NVC:

3/4/14: NVC Case Received

3/7/14: Email that case number and IIN assigned, DS 261 and AOS fee available to pay

3/14/14: JUST seen the email because I wasn't expecting it so soon. Paid AOS FEE & filed ds 261

3/21/14: AOS paid, cover sheet printed

4/28/14: AOS sent

4/28/14: IV paid

5/5/14: IV submitted

in the process of sending civil docs for IV package...thennnnnn...dun dun...NOOOO checklist i hope! lol

Maybe we should go into a hibernation till Feb :)

I think so! Hopefully we will see some movement today. USCIS is just terrible, now

it's just flat out being unfair to people, just to make it's numbers look good!

USCIS

NVC

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I think so! Hopefully we will see some movement today. USCIS is just terrible, now

it's just flat out being unfair to people, just to make it's numbers look good!

According to my lawyer friends, USCIS is supposedly the worst of all government agencies (true story).

Just to give you a comparison, compared to the UKBA, it is 100 times worse. For real.

According to my lawyer friends, USCIS is supposedly the worst of all government agencies (true story).

Just to give you a comparison, compared to the UKBA, it is 100 times worse. For real.

To be fair I found UKBA to be ok, not great, but ok. It just seems no one is responsible for their performance!!

I'm wondering if this forum is also making me more anxious about my i130, I'm only 4.7 months in and all this talk of

Transfers gets us all excited.

My lawyer told me 9 months, which is just sooooo poor!!

USCIS

NVC

Timeline

To be fair I found UKBA to be ok, not great, but ok. It just seems no one is responsible for their performance!!

I'm wondering if this forum is also making me more anxious about my i130, I'm only 4.7 months in and all this talk of

Transfers gets us all excited.

My lawyer told me 9 months, which is just sooooo poor!!

Well, supposedly transfers happen at 6 months.

So you and I are well within that stipulation.

Given USCIS' goal of reducing the backlog by May to 5 months - faster transfers (which we did see for july) - give us all the more reason to think it WONT BE 9 MONTHS FOR THE WHOLE SHEBANG. That is what we expect for April.

For me, this forum gives me more comfort than vexation - mostly because you know what to expect - and to make some noise if this agency does not keep up to its goals.

Well, supposedly transfers happen at 6 months.

So you and I are well within that stipulation.

Given USCIS' goal of reducing the backlog by May to 5 months - faster transfers (which we did see for july) - give us all the more reason to think it WONT BE 9 MONTHS FOR THE WHOLE SHEBANG. That is what we expect for April.

For me, this forum gives me more comfort than vexation - mostly because you know what to expect - and to make some noise if this agency does not keep up to its goals.

True true, there is a great bunch of people on this forum!

How did you know transfers are 6 months? I thought most of July was 5 ish?

Regardless, it will be early feb when the transfers start, and I agree with you, they must be

approving us by April if they have a hope in hell of reaching 5 months by May!

USCIS

NVC

Regardless, it will be early feb when the transfers start, and I agree with you, they must be

Or, conversely, they could just process a whole bunch of newer applications very quickly and bring that average processing time way down without actually touching the bulk of the backlog.

Because the key word there is "average" processing time.

It blows, but we suspect that they're going to do this, or have been working on doing it already. Hence the crazily out of order processing.

3/25/2006 - Got Married

3/20/2013 - I130 Priority Date
11/6/2013 - Transferred to Nebraska
1/3/2014 - NOA2
1/6/2014 - Petition shipped to NVC
1/21/2014 - NVC Received
2/24/2014 - Case # & IIN
3/3/2014 - DS-261 Available and Submitted
3/4/2014 - AOS Fee Available and Submitted
3/5/2014 - AOS Fee Paid
3/6/2014 - Received AOS Coversheet and Payment Receipt
3/7/2014 - AOS Package Sent
3/10/2014 - NVC Receives AOS package
3/12/2014 - NVC Acknowledges receipt of AOS package
3/21/2014 - Triangle of Doom appears for IV package
3/24/2014 - IV Fee Available and Submitted
3/25/2014 - IV package overnighted to the NVC
3/26/2014 - IV Fee shows PAID
3/26/2014 - DS260 available & submitted
3/26/2014 - IV package delivered to NVC
3/26/2014 - False checklist for IV fee.
3/26/2014 - AOS documents accepted w/no checklists!
3/28/2014 - IV & DS260 logged into NVC System
4/10/2014 - Case Complete!

Interview Date: June 17, 2014

Approved at Interview!

POE Newark on 6/28/2014! He's finally home!

Got a pending I-130? Tired of waiting for something to happen? Let's make something happen: http://www.visajourn...ners-committee/

We need more Twitter followers:@USCI130Cmte

Join our Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/USGreencardpetitionerscommittee/

Timeline

That is what I'm thinking as well.

Or, conversely, they could just process a whole bunch of newer applications very quickly and bring that average processing time way down without actually touching the bulk of the backlog.

Because the key word there is "average" processing time.

It blows, but we suspect that they're going to do this, or have been working on doing it already. Hence the crazily out of order processing.

Oh for sure that is what they are doing! I think it's letter time!

Thing is, surely they are making a rod for their own back? If they bring down processing times, surely

this just opens up a load of service requests and letters from congressmen? Sure this would make them

look worse.....

However I can't think of any other reason to why they are approving July and leaving April/May/June? Unless they are going to finish April/May/June across TSC & NSC in 60 days and just threw a few through CSC mega quickly?

It doesn't explain the transfers through.

I would love to know where they really are.... From what I read, Texas = May CSC = June (plus the strange July approvals) and Nebraska = April....

USCIS

NVC

If i look at the i130 (imm rel catagory) on this site...and only for CSC not national

http://dashboard.usc...e=2&charttype=1

Does this not mean that they have hardly any to process, look at the trend line... I dont get it?

I believe last month when they updated the information they wiped out some of the former information that was there. (I don't know how accurate the previous information was anyway, as the information for Nebraska looked like someone had a stroke while updating the information.)

But I don't think they're done putting the info in. The Volume chart there is showing 0's across the board, and we know that's not right.

3/25/2006 - Got Married

3/20/2013 - I130 Priority Date
11/6/2013 - Transferred to Nebraska
1/3/2014 - NOA2
1/6/2014 - Petition shipped to NVC
1/21/2014 - NVC Received
2/24/2014 - Case # & IIN
3/3/2014 - DS-261 Available and Submitted
3/4/2014 - AOS Fee Available and Submitted
3/5/2014 - AOS Fee Paid
3/6/2014 - Received AOS Coversheet and Payment Receipt
3/7/2014 - AOS Package Sent
3/10/2014 - NVC Receives AOS package
3/12/2014 - NVC Acknowledges receipt of AOS package
3/21/2014 - Triangle of Doom appears for IV package
3/24/2014 - IV Fee Available and Submitted
3/25/2014 - IV package overnighted to the NVC
3/26/2014 - IV Fee shows PAID
3/26/2014 - DS260 available & submitted
3/26/2014 - IV package delivered to NVC
3/26/2014 - False checklist for IV fee.
3/26/2014 - AOS documents accepted w/no checklists!
3/28/2014 - IV & DS260 logged into NVC System
4/10/2014 - Case Complete!

Interview Date: June 17, 2014

Approved at Interview!

POE Newark on 6/28/2014! He's finally home!

Got a pending I-130? Tired of waiting for something to happen? Let's make something happen: http://www.visajourn...ners-committee/

We need more Twitter followers:@USCI130Cmte

Join our Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/USGreencardpetitionerscommittee/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.