4,764 posts in this topic

Ok...i have some weird news. Not TOO interesting..but just very strange to me. Opinions welcome obviously smile.png

So you guys know most of what I've done in the last few months. But Im going to run it down otherwise none of this makes sense and then ya'll will look at me like I have 5 heads...although some days I feel like I do anyway so LOOK AWAY! rofl.gif

Obviously I'm pregnant and antsy...and while I KNOW anything these people say as of recent means nothing and I take it all with a grain of salt...I still feel the need to email, write, call whoever I can.

To start...I called USCIS tier 1: We dont have your petition here. Once you get your NOA1 its at that moment out of our hands" (SUCH BOLOGNA!!)

Call USCIS tier 2, and say what tier 1 said. Also that I know this not to be true, because if it was in the hands of NVC i would already have an NOA2!: HE SAYS: Well let me look blah blah.....ok yes. it's not here...(and the rest of the ####### line that tier 1 gave me...useless big balls of useless information!)

Someone suggested I email the embassy in Santo Domingo and my congresswoman. I did both..around Dec 18 (ish)

No response yet from Congress. Big help since its almost been a month..theyre SOOOOO concerned!

But from Santo Domingo after asking for my husbands full name, I received the following response:

Good morning,

Thank you for the information.

We regret to inform you that the case hasn’t been received by us yet. It is possible that it was sent to the National Visa Center, reason why it is no longer at USCIS.

Please contact the NVC, nvcinquiry@state.gov in order to find out the current status of your case. It does happen that when the case is being transfer it doesn’t appear in the systems right away.

Do not hesitate to contact us for further follow up.

Kind regards,

MRH

Centro Consular de Atención al Cliente

Embajada de los Estados Unidos, Santo Domingo

Bureau of Consular Affairs, ensuring "Secure Borders, Open Doors"

Ok...PERFECTLY fine..perfectly acceptable response. Very quick. Very nice. I left it at that. I felt that was fine and had nothing else to say. I didn't email back..nada! (Remember this fact in a few minutes)

Listened to them...emailed NVC, and received the following from them..:

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: MSCxxxx.

Please send a copy of the petition's original approval notice (Form I-171 or Form I-797) and the petitioner's current address tonvcinquiry@state.gov or to the address below, so we may update our records.

National Visa Center

ATTN: WC

31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 200

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2915

Case Number: MSCxxxx/MSCxxxxx

Roz

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

Serco Inc, Support Contractor

So I scanned the noa1 and sent them my name and address (as if it wasn't already on the noa1?? ugh)....never received another response from them yet. Big joke lol rofl.gif

Today...all of a sudden out of the clear blue sky....I got a random weird email ....AGAIN from Santo Domingo. Referring the SAME email I sent them weeks ago, that I already was satisfied with their response from. Mind you, this is two weeks since I have sent asked anything to these people. This is the email.

Good morning,

Thank you for your message. Please be advised that your I-130 petition is not misplaced, the petition is being processed. However, this process can take some time. If you do not hear from us in the next 30 days do not hesitate to contact us.

If we can be of further assistance don't hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

WHAT THE HECK IS THAT ABOUT?

For ONE thing, although I love getting SOMETHING from these people...i didn't ask again????

For another thing....if you say in the first email..."we regret to inform you"....or.."it is POSSIBLE" etc etc etc....Then youre plainly admitting you have NO idea where my stuff is and ITS NOT WITH YOU....right???? That was MY first impression.

Now theyre telling me they know its not misplaced and being processed?? HOW do you know? What's the 30 day #######?

Sorry I went so long with this but I wanted to just explain from start to finish so there wouldnt be so much questioning in the end. end rant Soooooo...how was everyone's day?? goofy.gif

Ok, call and talk to a tier 2 again, ask the physical location of your case. (Make sure that you write down the date, time, name, and agent # of the person you are speaking to at each stage of this.) If they tell you again that after an NOA1 it's out of their hands and that the NVC (make sure it's NVC and not NRC) has it, then tell the Tier 2 that you need a Tier 2 Supervisor. You have to ask them (nicely) the physical location of your file, tell them the bad information that you've gotten from the Tier 1's and Tier 2's in the past, and ask for the status of your case.

Then I would strongly advise you to contact the Ombudsman and report exactly what you were told by the Tier 1 and Tier 2. Ask them to find out where your case is, and why the Tier 1 and Tier 2 seem to think that an UNAPPROVED petition was sent to the NVC already.

3/25/2006 - Got Married

3/20/2013 - I130 Priority Date
11/6/2013 - Transferred to Nebraska
1/3/2014 - NOA2
1/6/2014 - Petition shipped to NVC
1/21/2014 - NVC Received
2/24/2014 - Case # & IIN
3/3/2014 - DS-261 Available and Submitted
3/4/2014 - AOS Fee Available and Submitted
3/5/2014 - AOS Fee Paid
3/6/2014 - Received AOS Coversheet and Payment Receipt
3/7/2014 - AOS Package Sent
3/10/2014 - NVC Receives AOS package
3/12/2014 - NVC Acknowledges receipt of AOS package
3/21/2014 - Triangle of Doom appears for IV package
3/24/2014 - IV Fee Available and Submitted
3/25/2014 - IV package overnighted to the NVC
3/26/2014 - IV Fee shows PAID
3/26/2014 - DS260 available & submitted
3/26/2014 - IV package delivered to NVC
3/26/2014 - False checklist for IV fee.
3/26/2014 - AOS documents accepted w/no checklists!
3/28/2014 - IV & DS260 logged into NVC System
4/10/2014 - Case Complete!

Interview Date: June 17, 2014

Approved at Interview!

POE Newark on 6/28/2014! He's finally home!

Got a pending I-130? Tired of waiting for something to happen? Let's make something happen: http://www.visajourn...ners-committee/

We need more Twitter followers:@USCI130Cmte

Join our Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/USGreencardpetitionerscommittee/

Seen loads of late July transfers today!

USCIS

August 22nd 2013: NOA 1

February 18th : Transferred to California

February 26th : NOA 2

March 3rd : NOA 2 Hard Copy

NVC

March 7th 2014: Case received by NVC

April 4th 2014: NVC Case# and IN #Received

xxxx: AOS Bill Invoiced & Paid

xxxx: AOS Bill showing paid

xxxx: AOS Packet sent (electronic)

As I said, I will participate again... they do say hope dies last!! lol!

Im eagerly awaiting the new times as well... see if they will try to cram more bull*%^t numbers down our throat...

I'm suggesting a slightly new tactic this time. I want to contact every single congressperson and senator, as well as the president, vice president, first lady, head of DOS, DHS, USCIS, and then, seriously, anyone in a position of any kind of authority at those agencies. Every service center, and service center HQ. The Ombudsman, Public Engagement, etc. at the USCIS. Every major and minor media outlet we can find. Letters to the Editor and Opinion pieces to every local newspaper. Email the local radio stations. Email the TV stations that do those programs where you can have them try to help you. Email the friggin' Daily Show. Email 20/20, 60 Minutes, and all of those other investigative report kind of programs. Tweeting regularly, posting all over FB, and any other social media you can think of.

Obviously, these different outlets will require different kinds of letters. And we will need help to accomplish it.

I believe that they now think that if they ignore us, we will go away dejected. We need to show a massive response to them in order to get the movement that we want. I also think that we should mention that their lack of appropriate behavior towards us has prompted us to begin considering legal options, including lawsuits, and actual federal bills that will FORCE them to behave properly towards us. I am going to contact some of the federal lawyers who I've been talking to about their thoughts on what kind of a response they think that will get.

In short, we have to become very contentious and really drive home that we're not going away until they fix this #######. And possibly not even then unless the fix is permanent. We need to do our best to let the other I130 petitioners out there what we are doing so they can join in. We should also include the K1 filers, as we definitely do not want them to just switch this backlog back over to them to shut us up.

3/25/2006 - Got Married

1/3/2014 - NOA2
1/21/2014 - NVC Received
2/24/2014 - Case # & IIN
3/5/2014 - AOS Fee Paid

Approved at Interview!

Got a pending I-130? Tired of waiting for something to happen? Let's make something happen: http://www.visajourn...ners-committee/

Join our Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/USGreencardpetitionerscommittee/

I'm suggesting a slightly new tactic this time. I want to contact every single congressperson and senator, as well as the president, vice president, first lady, head of DOS, DHS, USCIS, and then, seriously, anyone in a position of any kind of authority at those agencies. Every service center, and service center HQ. The Ombudsman, Public Engagement, etc. at the USCIS. Every major and minor media outlet we can find. Letters to the Editor and Opinion pieces to every local newspaper. Email the local radio stations. Email the TV stations that do those programs where you can have them try to help you. Email the friggin' Daily Show. Email 20/20, 60 Minutes, and all of those other investigative report kind of programs. Tweeting regularly, posting all over FB, and any other social media you can think of.

Obviously, these different outlets will require different kinds of letters. And we will need help to accomplish it.

I believe that they now think that if they ignore us, we will go away dejected. We need to show a massive response to them in order to get the movement that we want. I also think that we should mention that their lack of appropriate behavior towards us has prompted us to begin considering legal options, including lawsuits, and actual federal bills that will FORCE them to behave properly towards us. I am going to contact some of the federal lawyers who I've been talking to about their thoughts on what kind of a response they think that will get.

In short, we have to become very contentious and really drive home that we're not going away until they fix this #######. And possibly not even then unless the fix is permanent. We need to do our best to let the other I130 petitioners out there what we are doing so they can join in. We should also include the K1 filers, as we definitely do not want them to just switch this backlog back over to them to shut us up.

how would you suggest we do this

Emails, faxes, and phone calls. I think that we'll need to organize it over in the I130 Green Card Petitioners Committee thread. I think we also need to update our blog to show what we've done, what the response was, and all relevant information. (This way we can point people to it if they are interested in finding out more information and want to help.) As the new numbers should be coming out this week, I think that we should wait until that information is published, and then respond accordingly.

3/25/2006 - Got Married

1/3/2014 - NOA2
1/21/2014 - NVC Received
2/24/2014 - Case # & IIN
3/5/2014 - AOS Fee Paid

Approved at Interview!

Emails, faxes, and phone calls. I think that we'll need to organize it over in the I130 Green Card Petitioners Committee thread. I think we also need to update our blog to show what we've done, what the response was, and all relevant information. (This way we can point people to it if they are interested in finding out more information and want to help.) As the new numbers should be coming out this week, I think that we should wait until that information is published, and then respond accordingly.

Kaylara, how long do you think your next stage is going to take you? did you get an indications from anyone?

USCIS

NVC

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Seen loads of late July transfers today!

Just being curious: how have you seen those transfers?

IR5 - Parents of US Citizen

USCIS

30 July 2013 : I-130 IR5 Sent

03 Aug 2013 : NOA1 Date

22 Jan 2014 : Transfer to CSC

30 Jan 2014 : I-130 Approved ?

NVC

12 Feb 2014 : NVC Received the Case

20 Mar 2014 : Case IIN BIN Numbers Assigned ?

21 Mar 2014 : ENROLL email sent to NVC - First Time (Did not Receive AutoReply)

22 Mar 2014 : DS-261 Available

23 Mar 2014 : DS-261 Submitted

24 Mar 2014 : AOS Invoice Available and Paid

26 Mar 2014 : AOS Invoice shows Paid

26 Mar 2014 : ENROLL email sent to NVC - Second Time (AutoReply Received from NVC)

27 Mar 2014 : IV Invoice Triangle Shown, but Not Payable Online

28 Mar 2014 : IV Invoice became Available for Payment Online

01 Apr 2014 : IV Invoice Paid

03 Apr 2014 : IV Invoice shows Paid

03 Apr 2014 : DS-260 Available

21 Apr 2014: EROLL Confirmation Received ?

21 Apr 2014: DS-260 Completed and Sent

21 Apr 2014 : AOS Package Email sent to NVC (auto reply received)

21 Apr 2014 : IV Package Email sent to NVC

14 May 2014 : Checklist emails received for all the IV and AOS documents (False Checklist?)

27 May 2014 : Received Checklist: asking 2013 Transcript (one checklist for each parent)

30 May 2014: Called NVC spoke with supervisor. The supervisor could not open the 2013 Transcripts we've sent in our AOS package on April21, because it was downloaded from IRS site. He said it was password protected.

We scanned the transcript and sent it to the supervisor at nvcinquiry@state.gov.

The supervisor was kind enough to wait on the phone and confirm that he has received our email with scanned transcripts attachments.

Supervisor asked another 3 weeks to review our cases.

01 Jun 2014: We sent 2 separate emails (one case # for each parent ) "Response to Checklist" to nvcelectronic@state.gov complete with all the attachments scanned into pdf.

04 Jun 2014 : Case Complete for both parents! ?

Thanks to all VJs members and special thanks to Saylin, Jag and Ripu, Canadianplum and Xprecious32 for your help, support and encouragement. Kind Regards and best wishes for all of you!

25 Jun 2014 : Medical done

22 Jul 2014 : Montreal interview. Approved! ?

09Sep2014 : Entry at Niagara-Buffalo Peace Bridge Officer also requested Green Card and SSN. We have received the Green Cards but we never received SIN. We requested the SIN cards again in November at Local Office and receiver the cards in one week.

On the July forum, at least 4 or 5 today have posted they have transfers. Ok so its a small sample, but at least USCIS is doing some!

USCIS

NVC

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I would refer you to this list

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqbNd1-VjCT-dDhTSDFVcGJOSE5tMmR5dkRYUk9mYUE&usp=sharing#gid=0

And I have added you onto the new and upcoming sheet for August (we will add your details once you get transferred/approved etc)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsvZPBxJt8H4dDdiM2tUS0ZsTGhtbGxSN05uUGF5WGc#gid=0

Your PD is 08/03 right ?

If so, you will be transferred to CSC, TSC or NSC in the next five days per VJ estimates

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqbNd1-VjCT-dDhTSDFVcGJOSE5tMmR5dkRYUk9mYUE&usp=sharing#gid=0

And I have added you onto the new and upcoming sheet for August (we will add your details once you get transferred/approved etc)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsvZPBxJt8H4dDdiM2tUS0ZsTGhtbGxSN05uUGF5WGc#gid=0

Your PD is 08/03 right ?

If so, you will be transferred to CSC, TSC or NSC in the next five days per VJ estimates

my PD is 22nd Aug if you want to amend the sheet, I am down as 25th...

Question, if you get an RFE, and then send the details off, how long before the "re-look" at your case?

Your PD is 08/03 right ?

Also, what the hell is Vermont centre, and what do they do??

USCIS

NVC

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

my PD is 22nd Aug if you want to amend the sheet, I am down as 25th...

Question, if you get an RFE, and then send the details off, how long before the "re-look" at your case?

All done.

Vermont Service Center (VSC) ?

They do nothing as far as the i-130 is concerned.

There are some filers who have stated that their cases have been transferred to VSC.

There is no public release by the USCIS that states that petitions are being processed OUTSIDE OF TSC, CSC or NSC so I dont know

You can see what Vermont's working on by checking out their processing time info on uscis.gov, just select them from the service center drop down at the bottom: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

ROC Timeline

04/06/2016 - Mailed I-751

04/07/2016 - NOA1

04/13/2016 - Check cashed

04/14/2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

05/04/2016 - Received biometric notice

05/16/2016 - Biometrics appointment

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/22/2017 - Card in Production

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

05/30/2017 - Card Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey Everyone,

My name is Ali, and I'm also an August filer for my wife in India. It's nice to know that other's are struggling with the same impatience and I'm glad I discovered VisaJourney. It's very helpful and nice to know you have others to lean on.

Aditya, could you add me to that list as well?

Sent: August 21, 2013

NOA1: August 26, 2013

NOA2: Still waiting sad.png

Edited by muinsaiyed

Hey Everyone,

My name is Ali, and I'm also an August filer for my wife in India. It's nice to know that other's are struggling with the same impatience and I'm glad I discovered VisaJourney. It's very helpful and nice to know you have others to lean on.

Aditya, could you add me to that list as well?

Sent: August 21, 2013

NOA1: August 26, 2013

NOA2: Still waiting sad.png

join the club welcome!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.