4,764 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

In the mail today came my HARD COPIES of my I797 notice of transfer to CSC.

so CSC it is-- seems like they are just trying to get through the backlog in anyway they can--

Never thought I would be sent to CSC

hopefully a quick approval-- and then I can start chewing on the NVC

MY JOURNEY

2009-03-03 - Married in San Pedro Sula, Cortez, Honduras

2011-07-11 - Our second Daughter is Born in La Ceiba, Atlántida, Honduras

2013-04-15 Consular Report of Birth Abroad Completed- she is USA Citizen

We are a family of four-

TWO I130 CASES - running concurrently One for my wife and Second for my stepdaughter

USCIS
2013-08-20 - NOA1 - Priority Date established
2014-02-27 - NOA2 - after transfer to California Service Center in January

7 MONTHS and 23 DAYS at USCIS

NVC

2014-04-11 - NVC case Number & IIN Assigned

2014-04-15 - DS-261 online done and accepted

2014-04-29 - DS-260 completed online and approved on 5/14/2014

AOS

2014-04-16 - I-864 INVOICE Generated and paid

2014-04-21 - I-864 Package sent via FedEx

2014-04-22 - I-864 Package at NVC Signed for by B Standish 9:21 am FedEx

2014-05-14- I-864 package on case approved

IV

2014-04-24 - IV INVOICE Generated and paid

2014-05-02 - IV packets sent via FedEx scanned on 05/05/2014 approved on 5/29/2014 - 24 days

2014-05-29 - Case ONE OF TWO completed, 48 days

2014-06-20- CASES(s) complete Case TWO took 71 days (checklist)

Consulate

2014-08-13- POE --FT Lauderdale, FLA for my wife

221(g) additional follow up required with Consulate

2015-06-19- POE FT Lauderdale, FLA fro my Stepdaughter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

As far as I know, Indian municipalities don't issue ORIGINAL birth certificates. I believe they give original when child is born, and there after they issue certified copies. Certified copies issued from indian municipality are accepted to submit. Does she know anyone in India who lives in same municipality/city she was born in? Getting certified copy from there doesnt take more than few mins as long as someone can go there and mail to her.

This is what Happens.

There is a register kept by all municipalities in India where the birth is registered and they give a unique number to each birth

That's it... This is the original record in the register

Now u cannot send Visa people the register

So they issue a certificate stating that this person was born on so and so date and his/her registration number is xxxx and this is taken from original record (i.e register) with a sign and stamp on certificate

This certificate is valid for US VISA

In the mail today came my HARD COPIES of my I797 notice of transfer to CSC.

so CSC it is-- seems like they are just trying to get through the backlog in anyway they can--

Never thought I would be sent to CSC

hopefully a quick approval-- and then I can start chewing on the NVC

My mother-in-law got ours in the mail yesterday also...... bring your shades, we are also off to Californ-i-a!

USCIS

August 22nd 2013: NOA 1

February 18th : Transferred to California

February 26th : NOA 2

March 3rd : NOA 2 Hard Copy

NVC

March 7th 2014: Case received by NVC

April 4th 2014: NVC Case# and IN #Received

xxxx: AOS Bill Invoiced & Paid

xxxx: AOS Bill showing paid

xxxx: AOS Packet sent (electronic)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

i got the letter and it said is California service center i wish approved on Monday ...

also no RFE ...is CSC the same as Texas SC or no ??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i got the letter and it said is California service center i wish approved on Monday ...

same in what way? If you are asking about the speed of processing , I think California is supposed to be faster but then again you never know really since the NBC is sending most of the cases to calfornia now ...:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My RFE came after my transfer to CSC so fingers crossed you get an approval rather than RFE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I haven't been on VJ much the past 2-3 days as I have been working and in my free time trying to figure out what is needed for the National Visa Center. I usually try to keep up with all the august filers but now I have fallen a little behind.

I am right there with you Lisa............confused, lol. I understand my part but my question is.....once we get the number from NVC do I just go pay the fees and the DS-260 package is a hard copy mailed to my husband or do we log on to some site to electronically fill in the forms? Its all kind of confusing. I understand what is needed just not how we get it.

Deep I am so so happy for you. congratulations......what a roller coaster ride you have been on.

Now where is Izzy? Did you get approval yet my friend? I haven't seen you for while now.

I haven't been on VJ much the past 2-3 days as I have been working and in my free time trying to figure out what is needed for the National Visa Center. I usually try to keep up with all the august filers but now I have fallen a little behind.

I am right there with you Lisa............confused, lol. I understand my part but my question is.....once we get the number from NVC do I just go pay the fees and the DS-260 package is a hard copy mailed to my husband or do we log on to some site to electronically fill in the forms? Its all kind of confusing. I understand what is needed just not how we get it.

Deep I am so so happy for you. congratulations......what a roller coaster ride you have been on.

Now where is Izzy? Did you get approval yet my friend? I haven't seen you for while now.

You'll get your case number and IIN, then it might take a couple of days for your AOS fee to be invoiced and the DS-261 (choice of agent) to become available. You'll need to check CEAC for that daily. Pay the AOS, and when it shows as paid in the system/has cleared your bank account, you can mail the AOS packet. You'll need to call NVC to confirm when it is received and reviewed. It'll take a couple of weeks after submitting DS-261 for the IV fee to be invoiced, so you just need to keep checking on CEAC for that as well. Once that's showing as paid, you can send the IV packet, though there might be a day or two before the actual application is available through the portal. There again, after submitting you need to follow up with NVC on the phone until you get case complete and an interview assigned. At no point should you be waiting for communication from NVC (which will be through email), you just have to stay proactive calling them and checking online.

ROC Timeline

04/06/2016 - Mailed I-751

04/07/2016 - NOA1

04/13/2016 - Check cashed

04/14/2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

05/04/2016 - Received biometric notice

05/16/2016 - Biometrics appointment

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/22/2017 - Card in Production

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

05/30/2017 - Card Received

I hear ya! I read it...I write it...im still confused...I'm one of those that need a specific dated list lol...only more so I think because im so nervous id forget something. Plus I get nervous because I don't know what I can email him and what I need to send him as originals. Sending things to Dominican Republic doesn't always work out very well lol

You'll get your case number and IIN, then it might take a couple of days for your AOS fee to be invoiced and the DS-261 (choice of agent) to become available. You'll need to check CEAC for that daily. Pay the AOS, and when it shows as paid in the system/has cleared your bank account, you can mail the AOS packet. You'll need to call NVC to confirm when it is received and reviewed. It'll take a couple of weeks after submitting DS-261 for the IV fee to be invoiced, so you just need to keep checking on CEAC for that as well. Once that's showing as paid, you can send the IV packet, though there might be a day or two before the actual application is available through the portal. There again, after submitting you need to follow up with NVC on the phone until you get case complete and an interview assigned. At no point should you be waiting for communication from NVC (which will be through email), you just have to stay proactive calling them and checking online.

What SHOULD be done while we're waiting for our case number...everything? nothing? And the lawyer says not to get the police cert..but I read posts that say we should...and even more confusion I have no clue what im going to do or who to use for my AOS...so that doesn't help either. Problem is...technically I only support my youngest daughter..but my oldest who is 20 lives w me and goes to school so I claim her on my taxes to get more back. That screws me on the AOS guidelines. And the past income tax I claimed my brother who lives here also. But this year did not claim him because he works now. ugh.

On a different note, im afraid because I MOST LIKELY wont be able to attend my interview unless we reschedule...and who the hell wants to do that? between my health right now, I cant fly until after I give birth...and after I give birth it'll take at least 6/7 weeks for me to be able to get the babies passport. I just don't even know what to do anymore

USCIS:

I-130 RECEIVED: 8/2/13

I-129f RECEIVED: 8/21/13

I-130 & I-129f: TRANSFERRED TO CSC 2/7/14

I-130 & I-129f: APPROVED 2/20/14

NVC:

3/4/14: NVC Case Received

3/7/14: Email that case number and IIN assigned, DS 261 and AOS fee available to pay

3/14/14: JUST seen the email because I wasn't expecting it so soon. Paid AOS FEE & filed ds 261

3/21/14: AOS paid, cover sheet printed

4/28/14: AOS sent

4/28/14: IV paid

5/5/14: IV submitted

in the process of sending civil docs for IV package...thennnnnn...dun dun...NOOOO checklist i hope! lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Wish I could answer all your questions Lisa. . However only one I can answer is.. other than gatheting all the evidence you require for the AOS and IV packages.. There isn't anything you can do other than wait for the case number.

As for the PCCs. . Find out when they will expire. If they are good for 3 months and up.. i think you should go ahead and order them..

CR1 Visa

USCIS
08/13/2013 -- I130 Sent
08/14/2013 -- I130 NOA1 (email)

02/20/2014 -- I130 NOA2 (189 days - email)

NVC

02-28-2014 -- NVC received
04-03-2014 -- NVC case number assigned

05-22-2014 -- Case completed!!!!!!!
05-30-2014 -- Interview scheduled for July 16th 2014 08:30am

05-31-2014 -- Interview Letter received
Embassy
06-24-2014 -- Medical

07-16-2014 -- Interview Approved!!!!!
07-21-2014 -- Visa in hand
09-24-2014 -- POE

ROC
09-09-2016 -- I-751 sent
09-17-2016 -- NOA received

10-14-2016 -- Biometric appointment

08-07-2017 -- New card ordered
08-10-2017 -- New card mailed ( still no approval letter)

I hear ya! I read it...I write it...im still confused...I'm one of those that need a specific dated list lol...only more so I think because im so nervous id forget something. Plus I get nervous because I don't know what I can email him and what I need to send him as originals. Sending things to Dominican Republic doesn't always work out very well lol

What SHOULD be done while we're waiting for our case number...everything? nothing? And the lawyer says not to get the police cert..but I read posts that say we should...and even more confusion I have no clue what im going to do or who to use for my AOS...so that doesn't help either. Problem is...technically I only support my youngest daughter..but my oldest who is 20 lives w me and goes to school so I claim her on my taxes to get more back. That screws me on the AOS guidelines. And the past income tax I claimed my brother who lives here also. But this year did not claim him because he works now. ugh.

On a different note, im afraid because I MOST LIKELY wont be able to attend my interview unless we reschedule...and who the hell wants to do that? between my health right now, I cant fly until after I give birth...and after I give birth it'll take at least 6/7 weeks for me to be able to get the babies passport. I just don't even know what to do anymore

Lots on your plate, I'm sorry to hear all this :( As far as what to do while waiting for a case number, I would recommend assembling all paperwork ASAP except the police certificate, you can afford to wait a month or so after NOA2 before getting that one (assuming the cert is valid for 6 months, I'm not sure what the case is for DR). It'll be ~2 months from NOA2 to case number, and a few more weeks before DS-261 is accepted and IV fee invoiced, so there's no sense rushing right out for a time-sensitive document.

ROC Timeline

04/06/2016 - Mailed I-751

04/07/2016 - NOA1

04/13/2016 - Check cashed

04/14/2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

05/04/2016 - Received biometric notice

05/16/2016 - Biometrics appointment

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/22/2017 - Card in Production

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

05/30/2017 - Card Received

Lots on your plate, I'm sorry to hear all this sad.png As far as what to do while waiting for a case number, I would recommend assembling all paperwork ASAP except the police certificate, you can afford to wait a month or so after NOA2 before getting that one (assuming the cert is valid for 6 months, I'm not sure what the case is for DR). It'll be ~2 months from NOA2 to case number, and a few more weeks before DS-261 is accepted and IV fee invoiced, so there's no sense rushing right out for a time-sensitive document.

Do you know how long the UK PCC is valid for, I was under the impression 12 months....

Also, do you get a letter with a list of things they require? I need this for my HK PCC, also I am assuming, as they ONLY send directly, they will send to the NVC and this will be shipped to London ready for my interview?

USCIS

August 22nd 2013: NOA 1

February 18th : Transferred to California

February 26th : NOA 2

March 3rd : NOA 2 Hard Copy

NVC

March 7th 2014: Case received by NVC

April 4th 2014: NVC Case# and IN #Received

xxxx: AOS Bill Invoiced & Paid

xxxx: AOS Bill showing paid

xxxx: AOS Packet sent (electronic)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

i just worry because we don't sent any photos both of us me and my wife all paper work good ...this is why i am just worry about that only i wish get approved without any RFE .....

My RFE came after my transfer to CSC so fingers crossed you get an approval rather than RFE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Lots on your plate, I'm sorry to hear all this sad.png As far as what to do while waiting for a case number, I would recommend assembling all paperwork ASAP except the police certificate, you can afford to wait a month or so after NOA2 before getting that one (assuming the cert is valid for 6 months, I'm not sure what the case is for DR). It'll be ~2 months from NOA2 to case number, and a few more weeks before DS-261 is accepted and IV fee invoiced, so there's no sense rushing right out for a time-sensitive document.

TWO MONTHS after NOA2 to case #- AND a few weeks before DS261 is accepted---and IV fee invoiced.......!!??!!

I HOPE not-- here is some OVER generalized and optimistic analysis-

looking at the 88 cases that were completed in 2013 on the spreadsheet located in the NVC FILERS forum - the average number of days from NOA2 to case complete is 58 days...

NOW for even some MORE optimism, an average is an average, some higher and some lower- so I can only hope that my case is not too complicated and I have done everything that I can to prepare my documentation so I am going to be LESS than average- (for once in my life below average would be a good thing LOL)

NOT to build up anyone elses expectations but my own BUT I am hoping for an NOA2 in a week or two and then 60 days form then be complete- IF I am living in a dream world-- its ok with me. It gives me hope -- and also sets me up for disappointment (sigh)

MY JOURNEY

2009-03-03 - Married in San Pedro Sula, Cortez, Honduras

2011-07-11 - Our second Daughter is Born in La Ceiba, Atlántida, Honduras

2013-04-15 Consular Report of Birth Abroad Completed- she is USA Citizen

We are a family of four-

TWO I130 CASES - running concurrently One for my wife and Second for my stepdaughter

USCIS
2013-08-20 - NOA1 - Priority Date established
2014-02-27 - NOA2 - after transfer to California Service Center in January

7 MONTHS and 23 DAYS at USCIS

NVC

2014-04-11 - NVC case Number & IIN Assigned

2014-04-15 - DS-261 online done and accepted

2014-04-29 - DS-260 completed online and approved on 5/14/2014

AOS

2014-04-16 - I-864 INVOICE Generated and paid

2014-04-21 - I-864 Package sent via FedEx

2014-04-22 - I-864 Package at NVC Signed for by B Standish 9:21 am FedEx

2014-05-14- I-864 package on case approved

IV

2014-04-24 - IV INVOICE Generated and paid

2014-05-02 - IV packets sent via FedEx scanned on 05/05/2014 approved on 5/29/2014 - 24 days

2014-05-29 - Case ONE OF TWO completed, 48 days

2014-06-20- CASES(s) complete Case TWO took 71 days (checklist)

Consulate

2014-08-13- POE --FT Lauderdale, FLA for my wife

221(g) additional follow up required with Consulate

2015-06-19- POE FT Lauderdale, FLA fro my Stepdaughter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.