4,764 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Anyone know how I will know when my case is transferred to NVC? When I check on the USCIS page it still says the same thing from last week when I got my approval? Do I just have to call USCIS and ask if/when my case was transferred?

20 business days ( I was told that just now) after the date of the transfer.

We're supposed to check after 14 business days whether or not the case has been received.

About 7 something business days post that date - they will give you a case num/IVID

20 business days ( I was told that just now) after the date of the transfer.

We're supposed to check after 14 business days whether or not the case has been received.

About 7 something business days post that date - they will give you a case num/IVID

7 days after receipt? That'd be nice. My case got to NVC on Jan 21, still nada.

ROC Timeline

04/06/2016 - Mailed I-751

04/07/2016 - NOA1

04/13/2016 - Check cashed

04/14/2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

05/04/2016 - Received biometric notice

05/16/2016 - Biometrics appointment

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/22/2017 - Card in Production

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

05/30/2017 - Card Received

Timeline

its so true..that's why I have backed off..besides when I was in the hospital and bored out of my mind. Hoping for an approval today! Hey Eastyo....I know they've been doing transfers at night...but are approval notifications at night or during the day?? I cant remember.

Good luck today everyone. hopefully they work their buns off today since they need to catch up between the holiday and all this STUPID SNOW! im sooooo sick of seeing this white #######!

You live in new england girl.. c'monnnnnnn

Good luck to all of y'all..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks! So basically it sounds like I don't have to do too much yet, its only been a week. 14 business days will be around March 5 so I will plan on calling that week to NVC and see if they have received my case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks! So basically it sounds like I don't have to do too much yet, its only been a week. 14 business days will be around March 5 so I will plan on calling that week to NVC and see if they have received my case.

If I was you, I would call everyday after the first week!

Good luck

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just wanted to write something as I've been reading many comments on the forum and want to provide my support.

Sometimes reading these posts and doing so much digging online really effects your mind, your soul, and heart. Everyone will eventually get their approval...it will happen. We haven't even reached the average time currently on USCIS which is 8 months, and as much as that sucks and as much as we could complain, we should take this time to foster in ourselves the quality of patience. I haven't seen my wife in over 7 months now, it's hard, very hard. But I don't let that get me down. I focus on our relationship and think what can I do in the next few months that can make our relationship stronger. My parents had to live apart from one another for 2 years in a time in which there was no skype, no cell phones, no internet, no sms, no mms. It was a struggle that we can't even imagine.

I post all of this because I read many people's post and everyone seems frustrated and upset on here, when coming here should provide calm and support. Take this time to focus on yourself, in 4 months you'll get everything done (God Willing)...think of this as 4 months of your time that you could use for something. We will all get through it and in a few years we will forget that there were so many issues.

If you are one of the folks refreshing the page every 10 secs waiting for an update...walk away, calm down and honestly just relax. It's much better on your mind than constant refreshing which does nothing. When it comes, it will come!

I truly believe that every difficulty is followed by ease, and we will have that soon! smile.png

I`m like that too... ,I try to keep myself busy with eating clean working out and reading books since i do not have a job,I managed to lose 70 pounds ,at first i just wanted to lose the first 20 pounds i gained in the US lol ,but it kept me a bit busy so i kept on going .

I`m so very happy my Husband will come visit me in 3 days only for a week but better than nothing,he will come just in time,this past week i sleep very little and my hair is falling and i keep checking for updates all the time and i have this thing where no piece of paper is safe from me lol i keep making these paper worms/Snack thingies ...no idea why,even in days i know nothing will happen i keep checking ...

My Husband cannot handle this very well he gets very upset that`s why i took over checking VJ,Just last night i was looking for the Average time from NVC to interview date for Morocco,and found out it was 4-5 month and when i told him he got very upset and angry,we both thought this entire thing would take 7 month ow naive of us :(

He has far more things to keep him busy his Thesis, work, Reviewing books and articles plus our two dogs ,oh how i miss my dogs ! 8 months last time i saw them,i do see them in Skype everynight but i miss them like anything,and in those couple of month in the US i made many friends,Jamie`s family did not want me to go ,and when we explained why i could not stay they just could not understand it...but anyways ,yes keep yourself busy with other things .

Going to go do some shopping for my Love ! that should keep me busy for today lol

Izzy.

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

09/08/2013 - I-130 Priority Date
02/26/2014 - RFE
03/10/2014 - RFE sent
03/26/2014 - NOA2 date

04/08/2014 - NVC received
05/08/2014 - Case number assigned
05/12/2014 - DS-261 Completed
05/13/2014 - AOS paid
05/22/2014 - AOS pack sent
06/13/2014 - IV Paid,Finally!
06/14/2014 - IV pack sent
06/17/2014 - DS-260 completed
06/22/2014 - IV pack scan date
07/01/2014 - AOS checklist
07/02/2014 - Checklist Reply sent
07/09/2014 - Checklist scan date
08/22/2014 - Case Completed!

09/08/2014 - Case left the NVC
09/10/2014 - Case is ready
09/10/2014 - Interview letter received
10/20/2014 - Medical Appointment
10/29/2014 - Interview day ...

I`m like that too... ,I try to keep myself busy with eating clean working out and reading books since i do not have a job,I managed to lose 70 pounds ,at first i just wanted to lose the first 20 pounds i gained in the US lol ,but it kept me a bit busy so i kept on going .

I`m so very happy my Husband will come visit me in 3 days only for a week but better than nothing,he will come just in time,this past week i sleep very little and my hair is falling and i keep checking for updates all the time and i have this thing where no piece of paper is safe from me lol i keep making these paper worms/Snack thingies ...no idea why,even in days i know nothing will happen i keep checking ...

My Husband cannot handle this very well he gets very upset that`s why i took over checking VJ,Just last night i was looking for the Average time from NVC to interview date for Morocco,and found out it was 4-5 month and when i told him he got very upset and angry,we both thought this entire thing would take 7 month ow naive of us sad.png

He has far more things to keep him busy his Thesis, work, Reviewing books and articles plus our two dogs ,oh how i miss my dogs ! 8 months last time i saw them,i do see them in Skype everynight but i miss them like anything,and in those couple of month in the US i made many friends,Jamie`s family did not want me to go ,and when we explained why i could not stay they just could not understand it...but anyways ,yes keep yourself busy with other things .

Going to go do some shopping for my Love ! that should keep me busy for today lol

Izzy.

Hey, keep your head up, it will all be over soon and you will be with him!

Also, how did you check the average times from NOA2 to interview for your embassy?

USCIS

August 22nd 2013: NOA 1

February 18th : Transferred to California

February 26th : NOA 2

March 3rd : NOA 2 Hard Copy

NVC

March 7th 2014: Case received by NVC

April 4th 2014: NVC Case# and IN #Received

xxxx: AOS Bill Invoiced & Paid

xxxx: AOS Bill showing paid

xxxx: AOS Packet sent (electronic)

Timeline

Once USCIS approves your application, it is out of their hands. You would have to constantly follow up with NVC to get a case number from what I know. Also - NVC is really good communicating everything via email.

I have filed through immigration attorney (filed on 8/12, transferred to TSC on 2/7 still waiting for approval). Can I still follow-up with NVC for a case number ?

Timeline

I have filed through immigration attorney (filed on 8/12, transferred to TSC on 2/7 still waiting for approval). Can I still follow-up with NVC for a case number ?

Not until you approve.

It takes 20 business days after approval.

Hold our horses

er... no. You need an approved i130 and for USCIS to send this to the NVC, currently to the NVC, you don't even exist

USCIS

August 22nd 2013: NOA 1

February 18th : Transferred to California

February 26th : NOA 2

March 3rd : NOA 2 Hard Copy

NVC

March 7th 2014: Case received by NVC

April 4th 2014: NVC Case# and IN #Received

xxxx: AOS Bill Invoiced & Paid

xxxx: AOS Bill showing paid

xxxx: AOS Packet sent (electronic)

Timeline

Not until you approve.

It takes 20 business days after approval.

Hold our horses

I meant to ask, 20 days after my I-130 approval, can I follow up with NVC directly or I have to only get information through only attorney ?

Timeline

I meant to ask, 20 days after my I-130 approval, can I follow up with NVC directly or I have to only get information through only attorney ?

20 business days.

you can do it either ways.

attorneys have paralegals who can do this for you.

Timeline

USCIS updated their processing times for i130-U.S. citizen filing for a spouse, parent, or child under 21

Texas Service Center- May 2, 2013

California Service Center- June 2, 2013

Nebraska Service Center- April 5, 2013

Vermont Service Center- April 5, 2013

National Benefit Center- April 5, 2013..

Edited by CresentMoon

I-130 USCIS

NOA1: 08/15/2013

NOA1 Hardcopy: 08/22/2013

Case transferred to CSC: 02/10/2014

Case transfer Hardcopy: 02/19/2014

NOA2: 03/05/2014

NOA2 Hardcopy: 03/10/2014

NVC:

Case arrived at NVC: 03/13/2014

Case number,IIN,BIN assigned and email id given: 04/14/2014

DS261 Available and Completed: 04/18/2014

DS261 accepted and received instruction: 04/21/2014

AOS fee paid and Payment status is "IN PROCESS": 04/21/2014

AOS Payment status shows PAID: 04/24/2014

AOS mailed to NVC: 04/24/2014

IV fee paid and payment status shows " IN PROCESS" : 04/25/2014

IV fee payment status shows PAID: 04/29/2014

Approved IV packet and DS260: 05/20/2014

Interview Date(Got from NVC by call on 05/30/2014): 07/15/2014

Received Interview Letter from NVC by email: 06/02/2014.

Biometrics done at VAC,Chennai: 06/16/2014

Medicals done at Apollo,Chennai: 06/17/2014

VISA APPROVED at Mumbai embassy: 07/15/2014

VISA Pick up at Chennai VFC: 07/18/2014

Port Of Entry: 9/4/2014

SSN Arrived: 10/6/2014

Green Card Arrived: 10/22/2014

Case Complete: 05/27/2014

Removal of Conditional - Joint Waiver/Divorced

Green Card Expired: 9/04/2016

NOA Date: 7/13/2016

Biometric Date: 8/2/2016

I-551 Samping: 7/7/2017 at Dallas Field Office

I-751 Approved: 10/07/2017 (USCIS status: New card is being produced)

New Green Card Received:  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.