4,764 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I just wanted to write something as I've been reading many comments on the forum and want to provide my support.

Sometimes reading these posts and doing so much digging online really effects your mind, your soul, and heart. Everyone will eventually get their approval...it will happen. We haven't even reached the average time currently on USCIS which is 8 months, and as much as that sucks and as much as we could complain, we should take this time to foster in ourselves the quality of patience. I haven't seen my wife in over 7 months now, it's hard, very hard. But I don't let that get me down. I focus on our relationship and think what can I do in the next few months that can make our relationship stronger. My parents had to live apart from one another for 2 years in a time in which there was no skype, no cell phones, no internet, no sms, no mms. It was a struggle that we can't even imagine.

I post all of this because I read many people's post and everyone seems frustrated and upset on here, when coming here should provide calm and support. Take this time to focus on yourself, in 4 months you'll get everything done (God Willing)...think of this as 4 months of your time that you could use for something. We will all get through it and in a few years we will forget that there were so many issues.

If you are one of the folks refreshing the page every 10 secs waiting for an update...walk away, calm down and honestly just relax. It's much better on your mind than constant refreshing which does nothing. When it comes, it will come!

I truly believe that every difficulty is followed by ease, and we will have that soon! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just wanted to write something as I've been reading many comments on the forum and want to provide my support.

Sometimes reading these posts and doing so much digging online really effects your mind, your soul, and heart. Everyone will eventually get their approval...it will happen. We haven't even reached the average time currently on USCIS which is 8 months, and as much as that sucks and as much as we could complain, we should take this time to foster in ourselves the quality of patience. I haven't seen my wife in over 7 months now, it's hard, very hard. But I don't let that get me down. I focus on our relationship and think what can I do in the next few months that can make our relationship stronger. My parents had to live apart from one another for 2 years in a time in which there was no skype, no cell phones, no internet, no sms, no mms. It was a struggle that we can't even imagine.

I post all of this because I read many people's post and everyone seems frustrated and upset on here, when coming here should provide calm and support. Take this time to focus on yourself, in 4 months you'll get everything done (God Willing)...think of this as 4 months of your time that you could use for something. We will all get through it and in a few years we will forget that there were so many issues.

If you are one of the folks refreshing the page every 10 secs waiting for an update...walk away, calm down and honestly just relax. It's much better on your mind than constant refreshing which does nothing. When it comes, it will come!

I truly believe that every difficulty is followed by ease, and we will have that soon! smile.png

Well said! I am one that keeps refreshing the page in hope of change....I will listen to your advice and stop it. Thank you

Dated my husband for 7 years

Married July 29,2013

USCIS

August 21st, 2013: NOA 1

February 21st, 2014: Transferred to California

March 4th, 2014: NOA 2

March 8th, 2014: NOA 2 Hard Copy

NVC

March 14, 2014 Case received by NVC

April 14, 2014: Case number, IIN and BIN assigned :dancing:

April 21, 2014: AOS & IV Bill Invoiced & Paid

April 21, 2014: EP enrollment sent

April 24, 2014 : AOS Bill showing paid

April 25, 2014 : IV Bill showing paid

April 29, 2014: AOS Packet sent (electronic)

May 22, 2014: EP enrollment confirmation received

May 27, 2014: Completed DS-260 & email IV package

June 2, 2014: AOS reviewed and approved

June 19, 2014: Sent missing document (mistake made by paralegal) :ranting:

July 1, 2014: Case Complete! :dance:

July 9, 2014: Received CC email

July 9, 2014-Interview August 18 received date by phone :dance:
July 10,2014-Consulate Received

July 16, 2014: Re-schedule interview for August 5th
July 16, 2014-Medical
August 5, 2014-Interview Visa approved :dancing::dancing:
August 8, 2014 -Visa in Hand :dance: :dance:

POE Montreal: August 11, 2014 :jest:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm Aug 23, fingers crossed! go Aug!!!! :)

N-400 San bernardino California filer.

GC-Date: Aug/05/2014
Sent: 05/22/2017
Cashd:  05/25/2017
NOA: 05/25/2017
Fprints: 

06/19/2017
In Line: 07/27/2017
Int Ltr: 08/21/2007
Interview: 09/18/2017

RFE: 09/18/2017

RFE Applied I751: 09/20/2017

RFE I751 Fprints: 10/20/2017

RFE I751 Interview: 11/13/2017

N400 and I751 Approved: 11/13/2017
In line for Oath: 11/24/2017

Letter Oath Ceremony Sent: 11/27/2017

Letter Oath Ceremony Arrived: 11/30/2017

Oath: 12/21/2017

Field Office:  San Bernardino, CA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My parents had to live apart from one another for 2 years in a time in which there was no skype, no cell phones, no internet, no sms, no mms. It was a struggle that we can't even imagine.

I can relate to that completely. I grew up with a father who was in the military for 22 years and was gone constantly. My mother would not see my dad for a year or more at a time and its true what you say.......no internet, cell phones, etc. All they had was an occasional expensive long distance phone calls, lots of letters, some photographs, and if we were really lucky and dad was in the USA he might get a weekend or 30 day leave to come home.

My parents loved each other very much and stuck it out together through all the separations and hardships. Often times we lived near bases were my mom had no family close by and never knew if my dad was going to come back home in a body bag. They died 3 years apart. My mother was heartbroken when my father died and felt she belong in the grave beside him. Though cancer is what took both my parents lives I really believe my mother's heartbreak contributed to her death. If they were still alive they would be have celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary.

We are really lucky to have internet these days to at least see our love ones daily in most cases but still the separation is hard. Some days we can be positive but there are times it takes a toll on our emotions. I guess the point I am trying to get at is that if the relationship is strong and the love is there we can all make it through this time of waiting.

I sincerely hope and wish for many, many transfers and approvals today for all who are still waiting.........remember to check your status late in the evening. I got my transfer late in the day and approval even later in the night. Hang in there everyone!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thx... :) have a precious time

I can relate to that completely. I grew up with a father who was in the military for 22 years and was gone constantly. My mother would not see my dad for a year or more at a time and its true what you say.......no internet, cell phones, etc. All they had was an occasional expensive long distance phone calls, lots of letters, some photographs, and if we were really lucky and dad was in the USA he might get a weekend or 30 day leave to come home.

My parents loved each other very much and stuck it out together through all the separations and hardships. Often times we lived near bases were my mom had no family close by and never knew if my dad was going to come back home in a body bag. They died 3 years apart. My mother was heartbroken when my father died and felt she belong in the grave beside him. Though cancer is what took both my parents lives I really believe my mother's heartbreak contributed to her death. If they were still alive they would be have celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary.

We are really lucky to have internet these days to at least see our love ones daily in most cases but still the separation is hard. Some days we can be positive but there are times it takes a toll on our emotions. I guess the point I am trying to get at is that if the relationship is strong and the love is there we can all make it through this time of waiting.

I sincerely hope and wish for many, many transfers and approvals today for all who are still waiting.........remember to check your status late in the evening. I got my transfer late in the day and approval even later in the night. Hang in there everyone!!!!

N-400 San bernardino California filer.

GC-Date: Aug/05/2014
Sent: 05/22/2017
Cashd:  05/25/2017
NOA: 05/25/2017
Fprints: 

06/19/2017
In Line: 07/27/2017
Int Ltr: 08/21/2007
Interview: 09/18/2017

RFE: 09/18/2017

RFE Applied I751: 09/20/2017

RFE I751 Fprints: 10/20/2017

RFE I751 Interview: 11/13/2017

N400 and I751 Approved: 11/13/2017
In line for Oath: 11/24/2017

Letter Oath Ceremony Sent: 11/27/2017

Letter Oath Ceremony Arrived: 11/30/2017

Oath: 12/21/2017

Field Office:  San Bernardino, CA

Well said all. I think these USCIS games make it worse, especially when we see people approved/transferred ahead of us...

USCIS

August 22nd 2013: NOA 1

February 18th : Transferred to California

February 26th : NOA 2

March 3rd : NOA 2 Hard Copy

NVC

March 7th 2014: Case received by NVC

April 4th 2014: NVC Case# and IN #Received

xxxx: AOS Bill Invoiced & Paid

xxxx: AOS Bill showing paid

xxxx: AOS Packet sent (electronic)

its so true..that's why I have backed off..besides when I was in the hospital and bored out of my mind. Hoping for an approval today! Hey Eastyo....I know they've been doing transfers at night...but are approval notifications at night or during the day?? I cant remember.

Good luck today everyone. hopefully they work their buns off today since they need to catch up between the holiday and all this STUPID SNOW! im sooooo sick of seeing this white #######!

USCIS:

I-130 RECEIVED: 8/2/13

I-129f RECEIVED: 8/21/13

I-130 & I-129f: TRANSFERRED TO CSC 2/7/14

I-130 & I-129f: APPROVED 2/20/14

NVC:

3/4/14: NVC Case Received

3/7/14: Email that case number and IIN assigned, DS 261 and AOS fee available to pay

3/14/14: JUST seen the email because I wasn't expecting it so soon. Paid AOS FEE & filed ds 261

3/21/14: AOS paid, cover sheet printed

4/28/14: AOS sent

4/28/14: IV paid

5/5/14: IV submitted

in the process of sending civil docs for IV package...thennnnnn...dun dun...NOOOO checklist i hope! lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

its so true..that's why I have backed off..besides when I was in the hospital and bored out of my mind. Hoping for an approval today! Hey Eastyo....I know they've been doing transfers at night...but are approval notifications at night or during the day?? I cant remember.

Good luck today everyone. hopefully they work their buns off today since they need to catch up between the holiday and all this STUPID SNOW! im sooooo sick of seeing this white #######!

Lisa I got my approval late in the night so I didn't even realize it till the next day. I had checked my status that night with no changes. The next day I logged on to VJ and read aditya's post he was approved. I immediately checked mine and couldn't believe it. I have no idea when it was changed.

Timeline

my approval email came at 11pm eastern time.

Timeline

Anyone know how I will know when my case is transferred to NVC? When I check on the USCIS page it still says the same thing from last week when I got my approval? Do I just have to call USCIS and ask if/when my case was transferred?

Anyone know how I will know when my case is transferred to NVC? When I check on the USCIS page it still says the same thing from last week when I got my approval? Do I just have to call USCIS and ask if/when my case was transferred?

Once USCIS approves your application, it is out of their hands. You would have to constantly follow up with NVC to get a case number from what I know. Also - NVC is really good communicating everything via email.

Filed : 09/04/2013

NOA1:09/09/2013

Service Center : NBC Overland Park KS

Transferred to NSC on Feb 25

NOA2: 03/28/2014

NVC Received: 04/21/2014

Case Assigned: 05/15/2014

DS261 Completed: 05/24/2014

AOS Paid: 05/23/2014

AOS Sent: 05/27/2014

AOS Scanned: 06/02/2014

IV Invoiced: 06/25/2014

IV Paid:06/25/2014

IV Documents Sent to NVC: 06/26/2014

IV Documents delivered at NVC: 06/27/2014

IV Documents scanned:07/03/2014

DS260 Completed: 06/29/2014

AOS Accepted: 07/10/2014

IV Accepted: 08/14/2014

Case Complete: 08/14/2014

Interview: 10/01/2014 :dancing::dance:

Interview Result: Approved! :) :) :)

Online Status changed to Issued: 10/08/2014

ahh...ok..the late night sneak attack...so im not going to go crazy looking today. I didn't want to drive myself crazy! lol

USCIS:

I-130 RECEIVED: 8/2/13

I-129f RECEIVED: 8/21/13

I-130 & I-129f: TRANSFERRED TO CSC 2/7/14

I-130 & I-129f: APPROVED 2/20/14

NVC:

3/4/14: NVC Case Received

3/7/14: Email that case number and IIN assigned, DS 261 and AOS fee available to pay

3/14/14: JUST seen the email because I wasn't expecting it so soon. Paid AOS FEE & filed ds 261

3/21/14: AOS paid, cover sheet printed

4/28/14: AOS sent

4/28/14: IV paid

5/5/14: IV submitted

in the process of sending civil docs for IV package...thennnnnn...dun dun...NOOOO checklist i hope! lol

USCIS will be able to tell you when they ship it out, but you'll have to call NVC (603-334-0700) to find out when it's received. Expect at least two weeks before NVC receives your file. It'll be another month or so after NVC receives your case before you get a case number and can continue with the process, so don't stress about following up with them a lot at this point.

ROC Timeline

04/06/2016 - Mailed I-751

04/07/2016 - NOA1

04/13/2016 - Check cashed

04/14/2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

05/04/2016 - Received biometric notice

05/16/2016 - Biometrics appointment

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/22/2017 - Card in Production

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

05/30/2017 - Card Received

From what i see, its all done at night :)

USCIS

August 22nd 2013: NOA 1

February 18th : Transferred to California

February 26th : NOA 2

March 3rd : NOA 2 Hard Copy

NVC

March 7th 2014: Case received by NVC

April 4th 2014: NVC Case# and IN #Received

xxxx: AOS Bill Invoiced & Paid

xxxx: AOS Bill showing paid

xxxx: AOS Packet sent (electronic)

Timeline

Miss you Dear!!!

Please come and join our friendly I-130 filers Immigration Visa Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/297983330378608/

My Visa journey

Service center : National service center.

Consulate : Mumbai, India.

07-14-2013: Marriage

08-12-2013: I-130 PD

11-04-2013: I-129F PD

02-21-2014: NOA2 for I-130( I-129F closed)

03-11-2014: NVC received case

03-19-2014: NVC sent case back to USCIS

04-07-2014: USCIS got the case

sent case back to NVC again :P

4/11/2014: NVC case number assigned.

4/21/2014: AOS and IV fees Paid.

4/24/2014: DS-260 submitted.

5/01/2014: AOS packet scanned

5/01/2014: IV packet scanned

5/21/2014: case completed. Woooowwww

6/26/2014: Medical Day

7/13/2014: Biometrics day

07/14/2014: Interview date ( First Anniversary) (L)(L)(L)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.