4,764 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

got transfer to texas center....anyone know how long does it take for approval....pd date is aug 2 and just got transfer letter today.....

18 days an average not more than 3 weeks

Lets see if we get ANY transfers today.... that would be nice!

USCIS

August 22nd 2013: NOA 1

February 18th : Transferred to California

February 26th : NOA 2

March 3rd : NOA 2 Hard Copy

NVC

March 7th 2014: Case received by NVC

April 4th 2014: NVC Case# and IN #Received

xxxx: AOS Bill Invoiced & Paid

xxxx: AOS Bill showing paid

xxxx: AOS Packet sent (electronic)

18 days an average not more than 3 weeks

This might be true for most cases transferred to California, but definitely not Texas.

ROC Timeline

04/06/2016 - Mailed I-751

04/07/2016 - NOA1

04/13/2016 - Check cashed

04/14/2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

05/04/2016 - Received biometric notice

05/16/2016 - Biometrics appointment

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/22/2017 - Card in Production

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

05/30/2017 - Card Received

Hey guys...I have a question...a dilemma if you will...well, probably girls will be able to answer better lol

So... ive come to the realization that he def wont be here by my due date, although I don't like to admit it. When he is born, I will need to get him a passport ASAP. Regardless of how quickly I work, I will still need to wait for the passport which they say 6-8 weeks. Mine took 4 but still. Dominican Rep is a high fraud country and they say the spouse not present is visa suicide blah blah blah .....well If I don't quickly get his passport and they issue our cita, im screwed. THEN what the heck do I do?? I have heard SOME people go there alone and leave with a visa, but not all. this is all getting more and more scary. All this waiting screwed up everything!

USCIS:

I-130 RECEIVED: 8/2/13

I-129f RECEIVED: 8/21/13

I-130 & I-129f: TRANSFERRED TO CSC 2/7/14

I-130 & I-129f: APPROVED 2/20/14

NVC:

3/4/14: NVC Case Received

3/7/14: Email that case number and IIN assigned, DS 261 and AOS fee available to pay

3/14/14: JUST seen the email because I wasn't expecting it so soon. Paid AOS FEE & filed ds 261

3/21/14: AOS paid, cover sheet printed

4/28/14: AOS sent

4/28/14: IV paid

5/5/14: IV submitted

in the process of sending civil docs for IV package...thennnnnn...dun dun...NOOOO checklist i hope! lol

• Hn&Ma
  • Lisa&Miguel
  • Avi_NM
  • godfadda6
  • Chla&Sean
  • prernaanurag
  • NNCap
  • aditya3245

GO AUGUST goofy.gif !

keeping my fingers crossed. Must have checked the USCIS website over 200 times already today, even had to bookmark it................................this is insane what people have to go through! Though I see light at the end of the tunnel or my wife's smiling face at the end of the tunnel! lol!dancin5hr.gif

keeping my fingers crossed. Must have checked the USCIS website over 200 times already today, even had to bookmark it................................this is insane what people have to go through! Though I see light at the end of the tunnel or my wife's smiling face at the end of the tunnel! lol!dancin5hr.gif

I just checked once, no matter how many times adiyta tells me they don't start them until later...I still have to check lol

Good luck sweetie :)

USCIS:

I-130 RECEIVED: 8/2/13

I-129f RECEIVED: 8/21/13

I-130 & I-129f: TRANSFERRED TO CSC 2/7/14

I-130 & I-129f: APPROVED 2/20/14

NVC:

3/4/14: NVC Case Received

3/7/14: Email that case number and IIN assigned, DS 261 and AOS fee available to pay

3/14/14: JUST seen the email because I wasn't expecting it so soon. Paid AOS FEE & filed ds 261

3/21/14: AOS paid, cover sheet printed

4/28/14: AOS sent

4/28/14: IV paid

5/5/14: IV submitted

in the process of sending civil docs for IV package...thennnnnn...dun dun...NOOOO checklist i hope! lol

Timeline

This might be true for most cases transferred to California, but definitely not Texas.

i have seen people who got transfer to texas and got approved in less than 3 weeks.

i have seen people who got transfer to texas and got approved in less than 3 weeks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey guys...I have a question...a dilemma if you will...well, probably girls will be able to answer better lol

So... ive come to the realization that he def wont be here by my due date, although I don't like to admit it. When he is born, I will need to get him a passport ASAP. Regardless of how quickly I work, I will still need to wait for the passport which they say 6-8 weeks. Mine took 4 but still. Dominican Rep is a high fraud country and they say the spouse not present is visa suicide blah blah blah .....well If I don't quickly get his passport and they issue our cita, im screwed. THEN what the heck do I do?? I have heard SOME people go there alone and leave with a visa, but not all. this is all getting more and more scary. All this waiting screwed up everything!

you can get a passport in 2 days if you need to! you'll have to make an appointment and go to the office with all you paperwork and plane tickets!!!

An expedite will get it for you in 2 weeks also. An extra 60$ fee and 12.5$ overnight service!!!

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

I don't doubt it, but based on VJ member data, those cases are outliers rather than the average. It seems with Texas if you're not approved a month after transfer, you're in for a long wait.

March:

46% of Texas transfers approved

Approved members waited an average of 30 days

Unapproved members (i.e., 54%) waiting average of 95 days

April has 67% of TSC transfers approved, and those still waiting were transferred at the end of November.

May has 33% of TSC transfers approved, and those still waiting were transferred in December.

June:

48% of Texas transfers approved

Approved members waited an average of 31 days

Unapproved members (i.e., 52%) waiting average of 52 days

ROC Timeline

04/06/2016 - Mailed I-751

04/07/2016 - NOA1

04/13/2016 - Check cashed

04/14/2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

05/04/2016 - Received biometric notice

05/16/2016 - Biometrics appointment

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/22/2017 - Card in Production

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

05/30/2017 - Card Received

Timeline

I don't doubt it, but based on VJ member data, those cases are outliers rather than the average. It seems with Texas if you're not approved a month after transfer, you're in for a long wait.

March:

46% of Texas transfers approved

Approved members waited an average of 30 days

Unapproved members (i.e., 54%) waiting average of 95 days

April has 67% of TSC transfers approved, and those still waiting were transferred at the end of November.

May has 33% of TSC transfers approved, and those still waiting were transferred in December.

June:

48% of Texas transfers approved

Approved members waited an average of 31 days

Unapproved members (i.e., 52%) waiting average of 52 days

sometimes it depends if you get lucky lol but i hope i get transfer to CSC haha

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Lisa y Miguel you can get a passport pretty quickly. When I expedited my kids (we still did it via mail but expedited) we sent it in on monday and had the passports in our hands that friday (used overnight shipping both ways). the bigger issue is you need the birth certificate to get the passport. when my boys were born, the state of PA took 4 weeks to mail us the birth certificates, not sure if/how you can expedite getting the birth certificate!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I just checked once, no matter how many times adiyta tells me they don't start them until later...I still have to check lol

Good luck sweetie smile.png

Nothing yet ... although they supposedly don't transfer for another hour or so ..... sad.png

I wish these things were a little bit more predictable so I dont feel so darn bipolar and anxious all the time

Edited by aditya3245

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.