Bugs

Is my hard copy at the embassy now?

23 posts in this topic

I understand the wording "if available". I also understand the difference in the word requested versus required.... do you?

I'm glad you finally understand it. Now we're getting somewhere. Here's the final step: "Requested (if available)."

C'mon, you can do this!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You have completed what appears everything that is requested. Your ahead of the game. Everything will be fine and you will be Approved "I sense that". The CEAC website is not up to date and only shows the basics. Your right on track. The Interview!

Have a great trip. Your Hard Copy you maynot have recieved by you, but its there. May I ask : How long after you scheduled the interview until you were given a specific date? As Tahoma said: C'mon. You can do this. I think you might be making something more complicated than it is. You have done everything. I won't say Good Luck. I'll say Congrats early. Tim/Mav

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Well I finally got the belated email. :D

I think it updates to Ready when the Embassy gets the digital copy of your case. I emailed the embassy after it updated to ready and that is what they told me.

It took 2 weeks for NVC to respond to my emails. Ours changed to Ready on 7/25 and I didn't get an email response from NVC until 8/1(in response to an email I sent on 7/18 one day before we got MNL#) and I still haven't got anything in the mail from them.

Our interview was 11 days (7 business day) after our case status changed to Ready. And I know they had our physical case at that time, because they returned the photos I sent in with the I-129F last December.

And we had no issue with not having anything with MNL# on it. My fiancee just told them that we got it over the phone and they told her to make sure it was correct. I think it good advice to follow Hank's guide to bring it, but if you are feeling lucky you can risk it. We felt the risk was worth it.

Oh okay, so maybe they don't have the hard copy yet after all. At least I know it was sent to them now as I finally got the email today.

I don't know what the letter I got a few days was about though. It even stated that they were going to ship it soon, so it seems it was not the same letter that everyone talks about getting.

barata-gif-3.gif

You have completed what appears everything that is requested. Your ahead of the game. Everything will be fine and you will be Approved "I sense that". The CEAC website is not up to date and only shows the basics. Your right on track. The Interview!

Have a great trip. Your Hard Copy you maynot have recieved by you, but its there. May I ask : How long after you scheduled the interview until you were given a specific date? As Tahoma said: C'mon. You can do this. I think you might be making something more complicated than it is. You have done everything. I won't say Good Luck. I'll say Congrats early. Tim/Mav

Yeah, I really don't need to worry much about anything, as it is all done. I just wanted to know and be sure the embassy got it and it didn't get lost in the sea or swallowed by a pterodactyl or something. :D

I'm not sure what you are asking, but we picked the interview date of October 2 when we scheduled it July 31, as we wanted to do it during my next visit to see her.

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't know if the NVC letter is the one everybody is talking about, but you really don't need it for anything.

Maybe you're thinking of the letter the Embassy is supposed to send to your beneficiary. It's the letter that notifies your beneficiary that she is eligible to schedule an interview, and it includes instructions to help prepare for the interview. You can read the "eligibility" letter on the Embassy's web site here:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction_rtf2_rtf2_001.pdf

Don't wait around for the Embassy letter. You don't need it for anything. It could take a month or two to arrive. Sometimes it never arrives. It's a lot faster to simply get your MNL case number from the NVC and go ahead and schedule an interview appointment. Don't worry, your papers will arrive at the Embassy in plenty of time for the interview.

hi! we haven't received letter of appointment yet, do i have to wait for that before i have my medical and interview? and....we want to know if the I-129F documents that we submit upon filing will be send to me as well? we need help thanks.

I don't know if the NVC letter is the one everybody is talking about, but you really don't need it for anything.

Maybe you're thinking of the letter the Embassy is supposed to send to your beneficiary. It's the letter that notifies your beneficiary that she is eligible to schedule an interview, and it includes instructions to help prepare for the interview. You can read the "eligibility" letter on the Embassy's web site here:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction_rtf2_rtf2_001.pdf

Don't wait around for the Embassy letter. You don't need it for anything. It could take a month or two to arrive. Sometimes it never arrives. It's a lot faster to simply get your MNL case number from the NVC and go ahead and schedule an interview appointment. Don't worry, your papers will arrive at the Embassy in plenty of time for the interview.

hi! we haven't received letter of appointment yet, do i have to wait for that before i have my medical and interview? and....we want to know if the I-129F documents that we submit upon filing will be send to me as well? we need help thanks.

When you get your MNL case number from the NVC, go ahead and pay the visa application fee at BPI, then schedule your interview, then complete the medical. While you are scheduling your interview appointment online, don't forget to print out the confirmation.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Once you have your MNL # you can start the process.

Follow the flashing arrow below for details of the process.

Its rock 'n' roll time!!

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yeah, I really don't need to worry much about anything, as it is all done. I just wanted to know and be sure the embassy got it and it didn't get lost in the sea or swallowed by a pterodactyl or something. biggrin.png

What news, when calling the DoS Hotline?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.