Will I be allowed in the USA?

32 posts in this topic

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I am not type rated in anything yet. I am just instructing trying to build some time. Hopefully get on with a regional or anything else :thumbs:

I know the DO & Chief Pilot at Republic, Chautauqua & Shuttle America. ERJ145 & ERJ170 Operator

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am not type rated in anything yet. I am just instructing trying to build some time. Hopefully get on with a regional or anything else :thumbs:

I know the DO & Chief Pilot at Republic, Chautauqua & Shuttle America. ERJ145 & ERJ170 Operator

OMG Help a pilot OUT :help:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
A K-1 is work authorized for 90 days. You potentially will have a gap until you get your EAD. As long as you are work authorized it should not matter. What kind of equipment are you type rated in?

This is the period of time I was referring to.. I don't know if he could get a hire as a 90 day K-1. Especially without an EAD (somehow I think they might actually do I-9s in the flying business).

Once he's LPR, no problem. With EAD, I don't know.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline

A K-1 is work authorized for 90 days. You potentially will have a gap until you get your EAD. As long as you are work authorized it should not matter. What kind of equipment are you type rated in?

This is the period of time I was referring to.. I don't know if he could get a hire as a 90 day K-1. Especially without an EAD (somehow I think they might actually do I-9s in the flying business).

He will be fine with EAD but not until

YMMV

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

He will be fine with EAD but not until

Like one year EAD. Or you think the 90 day would be fine (presuming he could get an actual document) as well?

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

What makes you think I wont be able to work in the USA as a pilot after K1? Im not arguing the point Im just curious as to how you came ot this conclusion. The whole thing is making me have sleepless nights. My better half and I are just looking for the quickest way that we can be together and that I will be allowed to work and fly for an american company. As we have both learned the hard way through our relationship that the opportunities for us are better down there.

My airline has had many foreign national pilots (Canadian, Greek, German, etc...) who were LPR's working with greencards. The only issue is the background checks take longer.

The only problem is with the K1 I will not have a greencard yet. I might be taking a big risk in the fact I dont have one and will only have a work permit to get hired.

I don't think this is correc. The K-1 does not auhriorise working unless you have the temporary work permit given at POE usually NYC.

filed 129 with vermont 4/19/06

first notice 5/3/06?

IMRA RFE 6/19/06

snail mail RFE 6/22/06

returned 6/22/06

email they recieved 6/26/06

second RFE email 7/11/06

recieved 7/22

returned 7/24

touched 7/25

APProved 10/02/06

NVC sent to Moscow 10/17/06

package from Embassy 11/17/06

interview 01/11/07

approved visa 01/11/07

arrived 02/7/07

married 04/13/07

filed AOS 05/13/07

biometrics 06/06/07

Filed: Timeline

edsperfect,

Point of clarification: there is a difference between being employment authorized (EA) and having a document that shows that a person is employment authorized (an EAD).

K1s are EA, but few of them have an EAD.

The SSA will issue a SS card to a K1 because they are EA, but an employer cannot hire a K1 unless they have an EAD.

Yodrak

I don't think this is correc. The K-1 does not auhriorise working unless you have the temporary work permit given at POE usually NYC.

Timeline
This is my concern. Does a K1 give you a work permit when I get to NYC? or do I have to apply for that seperate. If its only temporary are u guys telling me its going to only last a bit then I have to quit working?

The answer is potentially a little bit of both. The K-1 provides for up to 90 days of employment authorization. If you get the temporary stamp upon arrival at the POE (JFK?) then you are ready to go. Then in order to continue to work you will have had to of applied and received you EAD (I-765) or adjusted you status and received you conditional green card before the 90 days is expired. So the gap is a real potential one if you do not get AOS or EAD in time.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The problem is that all the major international airports in Canada have PFI's, so he won't be able to get the temp EAD at JFK -- he will already have cleared customs before then. And none of the PFI's that I know of issue the temp EAD.

SO unless I am mistaken (and feel free correct me if I am) is the OP is gonna have to wait for a bit before working.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

The Saskatoon airport does not have pre-clearance there. I was there 1st part of Oct and from talking with the Canadian customs people, there is of yet, no plans for a pre-clearance from there. Only prob is, not sure about getting direct flight from there to JFK.

Filed: Timeline

Cassie,

Might try crossing by land into Detroit, Ambassador Bridge or Windsor Tunnel, and flying on from there. The EAD stamp may possibly still be available at those POEs.

Yodrak

The problem is that all the major international airports in Canada have PFI's, so he won't be able to get the temp EAD at JFK -- he will already have cleared customs before then. And none of the PFI's that I know of issue the temp EAD.

I understand that Halifax also does not have pre-clearance. Not sure though . Anyone know where I can find a current list of POEs?

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Timeline
I understand that Halifax also does not have pre-clearance. Not sure though . Anyone know where I can find a current list of POEs?

If it receives international passenger flights it is a POE. From Canada, if it has US bound international departures you will pre-clear except in Halifax and one other I believe

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.